Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Archeology Daily Quests

While looking through the latest set of hotfixes for WoW, I discovered this line regarding archaeology.

Archaeology daily quests are now properly flagged as dailies.
    This pretty much proves the existance of archaeology daily quests. However, after an extensive WoWhead and Google search, I was unable to find any information about these quests at all. Does anyone here know anything about these at all - more specifically, where the questgiver for these is?

Would help a lot

I was thinking the same thing

Well this would explain why Harrison has a silver ! over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Well this would explain why Harrison has a silver ! over his head.
    That's the quest to get you to Uldum.

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    maybe they forgot to add them ingame.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they have something to do with the new dungeons. At least If I can believe wowhead

http://www.wowhead.com/quests=5.-377

Only one little problem. Can't find anything in game :x.
    ALTF4.

Maybe you need a certain lvl of archeology to be able to see the quest.

Like fishing quest in dalaran was doable from lvl1 fishing, but the cooking quest could not be obtained if your cooking lvl was under 350, at 349 the quest giver didnt have anything on his head, at 350 it gets a nice blue question mark. And I would believe that the daily quest will probably be for 450+ acheology.

I'm 525 in Arche and there"s no daily quest

I found one inside stonecore requires 1 dwarf runestone to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by DKlover View Post
    That would be one of the quests that Metian referenced above (Earthen one)

So, what, they're just daily buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by DKlover View Post
    What skill are you at? I was in stonecore and didn't see anything, or maybe I just missed it.

Maybe they forgot to add them like the boat quests for Vashj'ir which is why nobody is getting that zones quest achievement.

Deleted
    I believe you can see these in the Cataclysm dungeons after reaching 450 archaeology or 425.

At least i didn't see them before and now i've found 1 in stonecore and 1 in throne of tides.

The stonecore one gave the earthen buff which reduced physical damage by 5% and the throne of tides gave us a 10% dmg increase, also the buff once completed is given to the whole party not just you.

p.s - I'm yet to see if they apply if you go in there again after completing the dungeon.

15+ Year Old Account
    I found one inside Grim Batol on HC and on Normal. Early in the start of it (like 1-2 packs of trash in) there is a pile of bones you can "communicate" with. You need one Dwarven keystone to get the "Rage of Wildhammer" buff for Grim Batol. Which increases your crit by 5% while inside the instance. Pretty neet.

the daily quests are just a turn in of a key stone of appropriate race which is possible in almost all (if not all) new instances. this will grant you a buff against mobs in this instance.
    imo, epic waste of a key stone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YersiniaPestis View Post
    the daily quests are just a turn in of a key stone of appropriate race which is possible in almost all (if not all) new instances. this will grant you a buff against mobs in this instance.
    imo, epic waste of a key stone.
    Indeed! You ought'a think they'd make quests to get key stones or even fragments for that matter. Doing a reasonably long quest to get a random key, or random number or any fragments.... I'm just thinking. The way archaeology works though.... I don't think there is anything we can do for a daily. Do chores for the archaeology trainers? Like what? :\
    As much as I'd like to have a way of getting those +fragments/keys each day, I realy don't feel it happening. /sob

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzan View Post
    I found one inside Grim Batol on HC and on Normal. Early in the start of it (like 1-2 packs of trash in) there is a pile of bones you can "communicate" with. You need one Dwarven keystone to get the "Rage of Wildhammer" buff for Grim Batol. Which increases your crit by 5% while inside the instance. Pretty neet.
    There's a similar one in Throne of Tides (a fountain) at the crossroads, that requires a Night-Elf Highborne Scroll.I assume it's just a buff too, didnt have a scroll to test it.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Deleted
    There's one in Vortex Pinnacle, when you're halfway to the first boss, at a brazier, and one in Blackrock Caverns after the first 2 trash mobs. Haven't found any others but it's not like I've been looking for them either. While keystones are still going for 100-400g each on the AH, I won't be bothering with these quests anyway =)

Deleted
    There is one in every cata 5 man that requires dwarf, elf or tol'vir keystone in reward for a party-wide buff that continues through death, but is removed when you leave the dungeon. You can teleport out (lose the buff) and teleport back in (ie. for repairs) and the buff returns.

Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2011-01-04 at 04:16 PM.

The Highborne/Dwarf ones are usually a pretty nice buff, but anyone willing to blow a Tol'Vir artifact on one of these is insane.