Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Anyone remember Tseric and his downward spiral into lunacy over modding the official forums? Bashiok is starting to remind me of how Tseric was acting before he got fired. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets more and more out of hand over the next few months and history repeats itself.
    thats because of .... the douche bags on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by uschearaklol View Post
    If anyone went to a restaraunt and asked what the soup of the day was, even though the waiter has been asked 50 times that day alone, and he responded with the same arrogant attitude that blizzard feels they need to treat us, you would never go to that restaraunt again. .
    But the point is this isint happening... it's that the people are going in and saying "Whats the soup of the day?" and when Blizz responds with "Potato." the customers, who supposedly think they deserve respect, are responding with "WTF!?! Thats not the soup I wanted today! You need to change it to Chicken Noodle FFS! Learn how to run your business blizz!" and throwing a hissy fit because they didnt get their way... they are being told to leave the restaraunt, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    Also:
    Bashiok:
    Mwahahahahaaaaaah!

/wringhands

Tard Poster:
    With all due respect ... this is the kind of reply to players that can be taken the wrong way and cause trouble.
    What the fuck?
    People don't understand evil villians laugh maniacally while wringing their hands in an evil manner. A lot of people assumed incorrectly he was trying to be emo as in wrist cutting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb players deserve dumb responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    Asking someone what is for dinner is NOT the same as abusing developers on a forum. You deserve what you get because that's the way you treat the blue posters. ("you" is figurative, don't get balls deep in anger here)
    Lol at abusing developers. If someone cant handle little insults on an internet forum, then they dont need to be working in a buisness. qq pew pew blizz should hire adults

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rendar View Post
    But the point is this isint happening... it's that the people are going in and saying "Whats the soup of the day?" and when Blizz responds with "Potato." the customers, who supposedly think they deserve respect, are responding with "WTF!?! Thats not the soup I wanted today! You need to change it to Chicken Noodle FFS! Learn how to run your business blizz!" and throwing a hissy fit because they didnt get their way... they are being told to leave the restaraunt, so to speak.
    yet again, blizz needs to hire adults. If it were me, and someone responded that way to me, i would simply say. POTATO

Perfect example of someone who doesnt seem to understand BLIZZARD WORKS FOR US
    Blizzard does not work for us. Do you pay their bills? I mean you personally. We pay them for a service that does not entitle us to act like their bosses. Let me state this again, Blizzard does NOT work for us, we pay blizzard. That's like saying Verizion, Hp, and my internet provider all work FOR me.

Perfect example of someone who doesnt seem to understand BLIZZARD WORKS FOR US
    They work for themselves, they want to live just as anyone here, sure they have to put up with all of you, but you don't have the right of life or death over anyone at Blizzard.

If blizzard aint allowed to have a laugh every now and then, they might as well have anotamous machines responding to people. i randomly picked a few of them links and none of them seem offensive, simply joking attitudes to a question asked. i dont really see that as a problem (though maybee i just didnt pick any of the really bad ones xD)

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    I'm guessing you are trying to formulate a logical premise with

1 when you are banned from the forums they do not stop taking money

2 when you are banned from the game they do stop taking money

therefore??

I'm just going to bring up the first one I used by asking you how do you post on the forums. You must have an active sub. If anyone could post on them without an active sub you would be absolutely right. IF people could post on there that previously had an active sub but currently didn't, again you would be right. By limiting it to only currently paying customers you are limiting it by money transfer.
    But the person who was banned from the forum is still being charged the same amount as the people who weren't.

Meaning he clearly wasn't paying for forum access.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Blizzard does not work for us. Do you pay their bills? I mean you personally. We pay them for a service that does not entitle us to act like their bosses. Let me state this again, Blizzard does NOT work for us, we pay blizzard. That's like saying Verizion, Hp, and my internet provider all work FOR me.
    If I hired someone to repair my sink, they work for me. Period. I am essentially hiring blizzard to provide a service therefore they need to treat me like they would treat a boss. If any other company in the world acted like the blizz posters, you wouldnt go to them. g2g back to work. I guess people who sit at home all day would never understand what it takes to run a buisness

yet again, blizz needs to hire adults. If it were me, and someone responded that way to me, i would simply say. POTATO
    ya sure for the first guy maybe the 2nd guy that does but when is 1 million ppl i think you'd get pissed

But you dont seem to get that the people doing this complaining cant be pleased though.... reverting this back from a soup kitched to world of warcraft related, you merely repeating "Soup" would then be construed as "Not answering the question", witch is what the blizz dev's get accused of alot on the forums.

You have to understand it's really a lose/lose for them. Most of the devolopers are finally realizing this. Thats why Ghostcrawler has mostly stopped posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendar View Post

You are making the same mistake almost everyone else has. You are seeing it one way or another. It's more like this:

Customer goes in and says "What kind of damn soup are you going to force on me today" to which blizz replies "anything I damn well please, and you will take it and like it". The problem is that while yes that one customer was a dick, and probably deserved to get talked to that way. You have other customers too. They are waiting in line, they are checking it out, hell you even snap at one that wasn't doing anything bad because you take care of so many and a percentage of them are dicks. That's where being professional comes in. If you keep your cool you can handle it just fine. The customer comes in and says "What kind of damn soup are going to force on me today" you ask them if they would like to see a manager, who can deal with them in the privacy of an office. Not out in the open where people who are not doing anything wrong get caught in the cross fire.

But the person who was banned from the forum is still being charged the same amount as the people who weren't.

Meaning he clearly wasn't paying for forum access.
    While true, it doesn't explain why a customer who is no longer paying can't access the forums. If the forums were really free then a previous customer who no longer had an active sub could post. You do indirectly pay to have access to post on the forums, because paying is the only way to post on the forums.
    Last edited by lunaspike; 2010-12-16 at 05:46 PM.

If I hired someone to repair my sink, they work for me. Period. I am essentially hiring blizzard to provide a service therefore they need to treat me like they would treat a boss. If any other company in the world acted like the blizz posters, you wouldnt go to them. g2g back to work. I guess people who sit at home all day would never understand what it takes to run a buisness
    "
    again with the condescending and demeaning comment thank internet anonymity " oh look i work but you don't hence you' re stupid"

What is with the douche bags today? Insulting jobs again? Where do you people come from seriously? They don't need to treat you as they would treat a boss, are you crazy?
    If my boss comes in and screams and whines at me it's one thing. If a CUSTOMER does the same thing guess what, that's not my fault that you are angry because we upped prices by a dollar. You have two options go to another place or stay here and pay the extra dollar.

So you don't think Adriana Lima is hot? You've got bigger problems than message board etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    You are making the same mistake almost everyone else has. You are seeing it one way or another. It's more like this:

Customer goes in and says "What kind of damn soup are you going to force on me today" to which blizz replies "anything I damn well please, and you will take it and like it". The problem is that while yes that one customer was a dick, and probably deserved to get talked to that way. You have other customers too. They are waiting in line, they are checking it out, hell you even snap at one that wasn't doing anything bad because you take care of so many and a percentage of them are dicks. That's where being professional comes in. If you keep your cool you can handle it just fine. The customer comes in and says "What kind of damn soup are going to force on me today" you ask them if they would like to see a manager, who can deal with them in the privacy of an office. Not out in the open where people who are not doing anything wrong get caught in the cross fire.
    again you can't compare restaurants to games company.... i'm gna tell when you go to a restaurant you expect a gd good waiter to serve you and you trust the chef to make gd food , you trust blizzard to entertain you so i don't see where is the problem if a representative is funny and/or entertains me

---------- Post added 2010-12-16 at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    So you don't think Adriana Lima is hot? You've got bigger problems than message board etiquette.
    are mad she is SMOKING hot

Deleted
    Sometimes it can be a bit much but in general I like it.
    Remember that Bashiok's job is not customer service as such, but rather being some sort of glorified forum moderator. If you look in the actual customer service and tech support forums you'll find that they are very professional as customer service should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard posters do not respond that way to well-written, well-constructed complaints.

In fact, a raid leader of a popular guild wrote a huge wall of text about class balance and its effects on their guild, and Ghostcrawler APOLOGIZED for the problems in class balance and promised to fix them.

If you post a well-written, well-constructed thread AND you receive a blue response, it will almost certainly be a serious and helpful response.

If you post some random junk that is unfounded AND your thread gets derailed, a blue poster may make a sarcastic comment or bizarre Adam Sandler reference when he/she locks the thread.

I really don't see the problem here. It's not the most professional thing in the world, and I wouldn't do it as a moderator, but the people he is responding to like that don't even deserve a response at all.

You're getting too caught up in real world analogies and forgetting that they don't do this to every poster, just the trashy threads that get out of control that they need to lock.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    Dumb players deserve dumb responses.
    This^. people make stupid topics and expect serious responses... "QQ TOO MANY CUT SCENES" gtfo