Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halym View Post
    As soon as I hit 450 in archaeology, I started solving my troll pieces.
    After 6 solves, I got Zin'rokh.

Hopefully this gives some of you hope! Keep at it.
    Grats on your sword, did you train at 450 to allow skillups or did you keep it capped at 450?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Goosie:
    I hit 450, trained to allow up to 525, then started solving.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so u dont sole any till u hit 450? sorry if im getting this wong

At the risk of rubbing my good luck in to those who haven't gotten it yet...

I banked up over Troll 700 shards while grinding skill ups. As soon as I hit 450 I hearthed to Stormwind, trained, then started combining figuring 700 shards (and about 30 key stones) only gave me the barest chance at this super rare item. 4th combine I got the sword. I finished the shards to get to 525, still had over 100 shards left, and sold my extra troll key stones for over a 100 gold each (made something close to a couple k). Yeah, I feel damn lucky on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this the only artifact anyone cares about? I'm working on the epic tol'vir ring and almost done, if uldum digsites weren't so rare.
    Last edited by Arkenaw; 2010-12-22 at 07:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archeology maxd out,2 days, diggin on Eastern Kingdoms nonstop... not even doing randoms, no sword yet... i did get my tenth rare thou, thank you dwarfs for having all that shit
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

Quote Originally Posted by Munk View Post
    The answer to this question from everyone who has farmed as much and some people even more than I have like retribution here.... were not still sane. Its awful, and its honestly the worst thing ive ever felt compelled to do in this game. Id gladly trade all my rares, all the gold ive made the mounts, the pets everything ive gained through this proff to just get it to "spawn" so i can get back to my normal life unfortunatley blizzard doesnt feel like giving some of us that break.

Why so serious? Perhaps a break would be good for you....

10+ Year Old Account
    I've completed 43 night elf artifacts, all of the rares except the one I want, the stupid doll.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Why is this the only artifact anyone cares about? I'm working on the epic tol'vir ring and almost done, if uldum digsites weren't so rare.
    Because, none of the other Artifacts (Except maybe the Staff) even compare to the upgrade Zin'rokh is for melee DPS.

I stopped solving troll artifacts at about 120 skill and had 1250ish fragments and 32 troll tablets at 450 skill. Skilling up to 450 was a pain but 525 was a breeze, no Zin'rokh though

Deleted
    [11:01] Total artifacts
    [11:01] Dwarf: 39 <--- 3/4
    [11:01] Draenei: 1
    [11:01] Fossil: 29 <--- done!
    [11:01] Night Elf: 82 <--- done!
    [11:01] Nerubian: 1
    [11:01] Orc: 1
    [11:01] Tol'vir: 3
    [11:01] Troll: 56 <--- No Zin'Rokh /sadface
    [11:01] Vrykul: 2

Friend got it though on his DK "TWINK" !!!! >.<
    Last edited by mmoc204baefcb8; 2010-12-22 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    Didn't keep track of how many troll fragments i dug out but Zin'rokh was my 89th troll project. So that should be roughly 2500 fragments.

At the very least 100 troll solves done, no Zin'rokh. Pisses me off to no limits, but every time I think about making a break or just stopping and focusing on other things some fucktard in my guild gets it (liek another fury warrior yesterday right after getting 525 skill, he apparently was saving all troll fragments for later) and I'm getting pissed and hyped and farm for days again... Pretty sad really, another reason to hate Blizz, this scrub weapon should've had a much higher droprate chance...

Deleted
    59 and nothing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Pretty sad really, another reason to hate Blizz, this scrub weapon should've had a much higher droprate chance...
    Zin'rokh is the best (tied with Ashkandi from Nefarian normal, which is infinitely harder than doing archaeology and subject to RNG all the same) weapon outside of Heroic raids, unless they nerfed it by a few ilevels, there's no way it should drop more.

Easy for me to say as I already have it though.

I'm well past 100 tries, haven't seen Zin'rokh yet. I've been farming it non stop since I started with archaeology shortly after release of Cataclysm.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

I'm up to 78 troll frags completed, still don't have it yet. It's all I've been doing for the past four days. No randoms or anything. I've resorted to reading inbetween flights and listening to podcasts. >_<

Just an update with my own farming. I've farmed up 700 Troll frags so far on my alt and im at 230 Arch. At 450 I'll just start spamming troll solves and cross my fingers. If I don't get it this time, well I think I'll finally give up, maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why saving the fragments?

Oh...this is a discouraging thread I want my baby back.(Had it at 60 on my warrior)