Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by armpit View Post
    Isn't he dead?
    Yeah, happened last night. RIP.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the...I don't even...

Take this to off-topic please. After my brief foray into that section, I find all this stuff is better left said there.

Do not bring your evil here! :P
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

Quote Originally Posted by Revengencer View Post
    Really. Don't. Just don't. It never ends well.

Also, you use skype for rated BGs? Lolwut?
    Do you not know what politics are.

That actually does sort of make sense. Anyone calling him a troll obviously didn't bother to read past the first post, so... their posts can just be disregarded.

I honestly wonder who it is bringing them down, though? I could see it being the government itself doing it, what with all their bullshit lately and trying to stop Assange.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNot1337 View Post
    What the...I don't even...

Take this to off-topic please. After my brief foray into that section, I find all this stuff is better left said there.

Do not bring your evil here! :P
    Agreed! Moved to Off-Topic. (I have a feeling I'm going to get angry IRC highlights for this)
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I don't know if you're just (sorry for the word) stupid or if you're filled with propaganda from media. The ONLY thing Wikileaks does is to report what they find about corruption in grouverments and other secret stuff. They do not attack anything. It's people who think wikileaks is a good thing (which it is) who wants to help them out in the wrong way whom attacks other sites.

If you blame Wikileaks for anything at all it's just plain stupid. All they do is show your the truth about the beloved grouverements, especially USA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxzoneyo View Post
    Exactly.

Y'all can call me a troll, skype is down. Forums of WikiLeaks followers are full of chitchat attacking skype. Period. Skype is getting attacked by the gang.
    I don't think anyone is arguing that it isn't a possibility considering they have hit MC, Visa, Amazon, etc. over the last couple weeks. Skype seems like a bizarre target though considering it has been a main communication method for Assange and afaik hasn't really acted out against Wikileaks unless I have missed something.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    wikileaks itself is one phat political war, although, discussing this subject them attackign skype isn't at all.
    makes sense and i agree. nonetheless this topic has the ability to spin out of control due to the political implicatons.

for those of you who use skype i'm very sorry...but for the time being use what works? then skype it up after all that mess settles down.

*also this is not really off-topic since it concerns how people interact while playing WoW. the leaks part is a massive ball of political implications but again i think the most constructive point is the one i already made. use vent or mumble for the time being.
    however, should this purely be a lament about the loss of skype i totally agree that it should stay in the off-topic portion of the forum.
    Last edited by Goreatness; 2010-12-22 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    I don't know if you're just (sorry for the word) stupid or if you're filled with propaganda from media. The ONLY thing Wikileaks does is to report what they find about corruption in grouverments and other secret stuff. They do not attack anything. It's people who think wikileaks is a good thing (which it is) who wants to help them out in the wrong way whom attacks other sites.

If you blame Wikileaks for anything at all it's just plain stupid. All they do is show your the truth about the beloved grouverements, especially USA.
    Guess the media uses wrong words than. The national news and commercial news both say the same, and ye, I live in Holland, quite impossible to have indoctrinated news. It's the Netherlands ffs.

Anyway, for people complaining about the title misleading, perhaps in your view. The FOLLOWERS of WikiLeaks (Yet those followers are a PART of WikiLeaks, so it can be formed as WIKILEAKS) is attacking.

2nd. Sorry for bringing this in the w/e tab I brought it in. Did not see it.

They brought down Mastercard aswell, while donors were giving money through mastercard site, GG
    no they did that when master card stopped processing payments to wikileaks not before.

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post

Lol. No fanboys.

It's not like they posted anything important. I wonder what the WoW community says if for some odd reason Wikileaks attacked Blizzard's site or MMO-Champ.

/leave

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I don't think anyone is arguing that it isn't a possibility considering they have hit MC, Visa, Amazon, etc. over the last couple weeks. Skype seems like a bizarre target though considering it has been a main communication method for Assange and afaik hasn't really acted out against Wikileaks unless I have missed something.
    Eh, fine, since we're on the topic I'll actually play this game.

The "supporters" of Wikileaks, specifically the ones conducting these attacks, and mostly a bunch of 4chan script kiddies who don't really care anything about causes. They just want to cause disruptions and rebel, and it seems cooler if they do it in the name of some cause.

As for this thread, and being politics or not, you'd have to be living in a cave to not see how posting this would immediately lead to political discussions on the merits of wikileaks (which it has), and posting something with the known purpose of causing someone else to break the rules or to otherwise cause a disruption is pretty much the definition of trolling.

Since this is now in the appropriate forum where political discussion IS allowed, I'll go on.

They published stolen documents. They can justify it with whatever spin they wanted, but the bottom line was they took material that they legally had no right to take, effectively receiving stolen property, and published it. The fact that their supporters started lashing out at third parties like Mastercard, Paypal, and Skype just goes to prove that they are only in it to be irrational self righteous crusaders and not actually trying to "fix" or help anything.
    Last edited by Revengencer; 2010-12-22 at 07:04 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

Deleted

The "supporters" of Wikileaks, specifically the ones conducting these attacks, and mostly a bunch of 4chan script kiddies who don't really care anything about causes. They just want to cause disruptions and rebel, and it seems cooler if they do it in the name of some cause.

As for this thread, and being politics or not, you'd have to be living in a cave to not see how posting this would immediately lead to political discussions on the merits of wikileaks (which it has), and posting something with the known purpose of causing someone else to break the rules or to otherwise cause a disruption is pretty much the definition of trolling.
    The whole sense of this thread was to perhaps warn people that Skype is down for most so don't make any appointments when it comes down to anything related to WoW (mmo-champion) and wondering if more people had problems with skype.

This is not -in any way- a political/trolling war. If you see that different, that is your view. This is the western world, we are free to think that.

The "supporters" of Wikileaks, specifically the ones conducting these attacks, and mostly a bunch of 4chan script kiddies who don't really care anything about causes. They just want to cause disruptions and rebel, and it seems cooler if they do it in the name of some cause. [citation needed]

You do not know, nor do I know who the people behind the wave of recent DDoS attacks are. They seem to attack sites of companies that in some way negatively affected WikiLeaks. We can almost certainly conclude they are not affiliated with WikiLeaks because doing something this high profile would most certainly undermine their foundations goals and their own safety more than it already has been.

Anyway, for people complaining about the title misleading, perhaps in your view. The FOLLOWERS of WikiLeaks (Yet those followers are a PART of WikiLeaks, so it can be formed as WIKILEAKS) is attacking.
    Don't spread bullshit. The 'group' attacking the various websites is not part of Wikileaks in any shape or form. They might be sympathetic to Wikileak's cause, but Wikileaks have no say over their activities.

"They" being Anonymous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya I think the proper term for them is douche bags. It isn't really in Wikileaks best interest and I would hope it isn't part of their plan that morons do these kinds of things in their name. The Skype attack goes against their typical m.o. though even if their attacks are under the false veil of support for Wikileaks.

Deleted
    so this is why i cant play league of legends with my wowmates now T_T, back to grinding my Veil of the Sands

Ventrillo and Teamspeak are cheap enough, I don't know you must do it on Skype, unless it's to be able to see each other hitting keys while playing wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishaye View Post
    Don't spread bullshit. The 'group' attacking the various websites is not part of Wikileaks in any shape or form. They might be sympathetic to Wikileak's cause, but Wikileaks have no say over their activities.

"They" being Anonymous.
    Attempting to characterize "Anonymous" as a group is completely missing the point: Anonymous is a concept. It can be any persons in any time acting under a given goal without being really associated with each other outside the said goal. Everyone on the internet is by definition anonymous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya I think the proper term for them is douche bags. It isn't really in Wikileaks best interest and I would hope it isn't part of their plan that morons do these kinds of things in their name. The Skype attack goes against their typical m.o. though even if their attacks are under the false veil of support for Wikileaks.
    Yet they do it out of name of WikiLeaks, so we classify them as WikiLeaks (yes, the part also calls him Anonymous) but they provoke out WikiLeaks' name.