Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soloing Onyxia 10m?

Is it possible to solo Onyxia 10m? If it is how hard would it be for a Blood DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is possible, prot pallies and blood DKs actually should have the easiest time there out of any of the classes. Happy soloing.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

you'll find it almost impossible due to the fact that she needs to be damaged to a low percentage whilst in the air to come back down for the ground phase, and diseases just don't cut it.

Deleted
    Ph 2 might become a problem since she needs to be damaged to 40% I believe.

That wouldn't necessarily make it impossible. Just...time consuming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    you'll find it almost impossible due to the fact that she needs to be damaged to a low percentage whilst in the air to come back down for the ground phase, and diseases just don't cut it.
    You can still hit her from the ground as melee, even though she is in the air. Just have to be RIGHT under her.

exactly, she can still take melee damage if you stand underneath her. just watch out for the deep breaths

good luck !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    You can still hit her from the ground as melee, even though she is in the air. Just have to be RIGHT under her.
    This.

+ Death Coil, diseases.. Excorcism, for the pallies.
    +you can shoot her, if you're a warrior.
    + you can cast at her if you're a druid

bear in mind that whilst you're standing directly under her trying to dps her, adds are coming constantly with a lot of health, so you'd be pretty overwhelmed pretty quickly unless you had her down within a minute or so.

It´s doable but a bit hard due to phase two aka air phase but you should give it a try. Why not

Deleted
    Pretty sure i saw a video from Beta where a hunter solo'd this. Could be my memory tricking me again though :O

okay, you'll have an onyxias lair guardian coming in every 30 seconds with 189k health, they hit for 17.5k and do specials for 21-28k, it's magic damage and we outlevel them so it is partially resistable but it's still a lot of damage, especially when you have two or three or ten which you will, add to these the onyxian whelps which hit for a lot more than people realise and that's in laymans terms a shit load of damage coming in, and a shit load of damage needed to go out to have any chance of getting to onyxia to do some dps to onyxia who has 4880750 hp.

phase two starts at 65% and phase three at 40% so that's 1/4 of her health you need to dps down, or roughly 1220180 hp, on top of the massive requirement of self healing and dps to get rid of all those pesky hit you like a fucker adds.

So no, I would have to say it's absolutely impossible for a blood dk to solo.

Actually... if there is a class that can solo it, I bet it's the blood DK.
    P.S.: My main is a prot pally and I doubt I have a chance.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2010-12-27 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Actually... if there is a class that can solo it, I bet it's the blood DK.
    This. If any class CAN do it it's a blood DK. Also, prot warriors should be able to as well, considering killing any whelp or guardian will activate victory rush, which is a beast heal (heals my fury warr for 30k hp, would be clost to 50k hp in prot spec/gear).

well even though i've explained in detail how it should be nigh on impossible, there are those believers, and i hope someone out there proves me wrong and does solo this as a blood dk, i'd love to see it done, calling on you raegwyn.

well even though i've explained in detail how it should be nigh on impossible, there are those believers, and i hope someone out there proves me wrong and does solo this as a blood dk, i'd love to see it done, calling on you raegwyn.
    How did you explain it in detail. You just said a shitload of dmg had to go in and about. Nothing that cant be handled with the proper gear. Remember the nifty thing called "Vengeance"? Yea, with enough adds hitting you over an amount of time, that'll start stacking up. If you cap it out, then 16K AP will make you do crazy things, like hitting for 40K or so through your heartstrikes, etc... Diseases and DnD + bloodboil takes care of whelps.

I did it on my Blood DK last weekend. It's not very hard. He's barely geared for heroics.(at 330 ilevel) It never even occured to me that it would be a big deal, it was so easy.

Whelps keep vengeance at max stacks and at that point your diseases just destroy them and tick for ridiculous amounts on Ony while your Death Strike heals you to full(and shields you) and rips through Guardians like paper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we just 2 manned her, 84 Blood dk and a 85 mage, most likely I can do this at 85 on my dk

i look forward to the videos.

I'm gonna try this on my Druid at some point.