Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Angry Gtfo my Clickers.

honestly i lurk allllot on here.
    there was a thread that was just posted about someone downing a boss. i forget who haha.
    and instantly everyone started flaming his play style and his UI.
    Honestly he pays for his account and should beable to play however he wants.
    i didnt get to see the video. but if he spends 15 bucks to click LET HIM.
    we pay to play this game HOW we want to play now stop giving us grief for it.
    Our money Our game.

Flame on do as you please ban whatever. im just sick of people hatein on clickers.

I agree on everything you the OP just said. I thank you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, I'm a tank, and i click, and my guilds told me i'm one of the best tanks they know, if i was healing, i'd keybind, depends on what you do, but if he does it ok clicking, then let him click

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    boom /agree... but haters gonna hate and clickers gonna click and the world is gonna turn... the only people who should bitch at someone for clicking is their guild leader and only if its affecting the progress of the guild... i used to click ... for about 2 years and nobody in my guild ever knew because i did my job and i did it well... as long as thats the case who cares

Deleted
    I do a combination of both, cant say I ever have problems tanking or healing or dpsing, but I suck at pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Check your PM
    Originally Posted by rëtribution
    hey, look at me. I'm needlessly escalatory and waving my newfound retribution paladin prowess around at people as if it means anything. Pay attention to me, i got achievements on the tail end of an expansion, clearly i'm better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    MI'M definitely a clicker. I may not have the top dps, but I ha e a good group of friends in my guild and they wouldn't dare say I have to stop. I feel like there are just too many buttons I need available to be a keybound guy. Click on fellow clickers

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    I agree, I'm a tank, and i click, and my guilds told me i'm one of the best tanks they know, if i was healing, i'd keybind, depends on what you do, but if he does it ok clicking, then let him click
    i heal without keybindings and i do better then other healers...

Clickers fail. This thread was not necessary. Post in the original thread for christs sake.

If one clicks and enjoys it then one should continue clicking. If one would like to approach the skill cap of one's class then one would be advised to bind-ith.

I use keybinds but I see nothing wrong with clickers. It's just the way they play.

Clicking is like playing football with weights on your ankles. You may be decent, but you are gimping yourself for no reason
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, Athrai, You shouldn't have taken down the vid, i would have liked to see it, and just remember, you play as YOU want, not as someone else WANTS you to.

Remember, you may feel entitled to play however you want, because it’s "your $14.95 a month," but the rest of your 25m raid’s $358.80 wishes you weren’t wasting their time.

That said, clicking is NOT the most horrible terrible thing in the whole wide world. Sure, it ISN'T the most optimal way to play, that's true. But it's certainly viable for most levels of content. Viable does not equal optimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Imo, Athrai, You shouldn't have taken down the vid, i would have liked to see it, and just remember, you play as YOU want, not as someone else WANTS you to.
    I sent it to you in your mailbox
    And thanks for the motivation

I took it down because i was absolutly DISCUSTED by the way everyone was targetting my playing style when I was just wanted criticism about the video, and how it was edited etc.
    Originally Posted by rëtribution
    hey, look at me. I'm needlessly escalatory and waving my newfound retribution paladin prowess around at people as if it means anything. Pay attention to me, i got achievements on the tail end of an expansion, clearly i'm better than you.

Deleted
    Apparently some people tend to play better while clicking. I cant stand it tho, my mouse sucks atm (can barely click it and it turns itself of from time to time) so binding is really important to me. I cant really concentrate if im clicking either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't agree more. As someone who still plays with 80% Blizzard UI and hasn't bound every single ability, no one ever complained about me, in fact i get compliments and stuff.

If someone however sucks and he could indeed improve his playstyle by simply learning a bit about hotkeys and advanced UIs, he is only free to play like that if he doesn't slows other people down. Of course he pays for this game and he basicly can do what he want. But don't forget those 4/9/24 other poeple in your group/raid also pay the same amount of money every month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrai View Post
    I sent it to you in your mailbox
    And thanks for the motivation

I took it down because i was absolutly DISCUSTED by the way everyone was targetting my playing style when I was just wanted criticism about the video, and how it was edited etc.
    Thanks, kinda bored right now, Yeah, people can be that way, just gotta brush them off your shoulders all super-fly like and keep walking
    *shades*

10+ Year Old Account
    In pve you can click all day long and do great but in pvp its really a different story,you can click in pvp and do ok especially if thats how you feel comfortable playing but if you want to excel to the top lvl of pvp you have to keybind,mainly because its all about reaction time and just plain being faster than the person your fighting.But just remember to play the way you want and to have fun first and foremost.

Happy gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by RichL View Post
    Clickers fail. This thread was not necessary. Post in the original thread for christs sake.

If one clicks and enjoys it then one should continue clicking. If one would like to approach the skill cap of one's class then one would be advised to bind-ith.
    Your post is fail you didnt have to post here if you didnt like it.
    GTFO MY CLICKS
    Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    Clicking is like playing football with weights on your ankles. You may be decent, but you are gimping yourself for no reason
    dont give me that. please come see me at pvp or anything and i will defiantly stomp you as resto spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Remember, you may feel entitled to play however you want, because it’s "your $14.95 a month," but the rest of your 25m raid’s $358.80 wishes you weren’t wasting their time.

That said, clicking is NOT the most horrible terrible thing in the whole wide world. Sure, it ISN'T the most optimal way to play, that's true. But it's certainly viable for most levels of content. Viable does not equal optimal.
    just read that, If we opppose a problem for the other 24 Members. then kick us. and well find somewere else. honestly.
    Last edited by Thevinv; 2010-12-29 at 07:28 AM.

I don't think I've ever heard anyone seriously equate clicking spells/abilities with being bad. But seriously, by not using keybindings, you aren't performing to your fullest. If you take your eyes away from the action to look at where your skills are so you can click them, you may (and will at some point or another) miss important things in the heat of a battle. Also, by looking away to click abilities, your reaction speed is inhibited because you cannot move exactly where you may want to go, click a certain spell, and watch other things at the same time. You may be better than other people at certain things or even "the best" in your guild or groups, but you could be noticeably better by keybinding. Even as a druid, I have keybound every single ability that I will use in battle (and I only have a 4 button mouse and standard QWERTY keyboard. Left and right click/two buttons on the left side of the mouse), so to say that you don't have enough keys to bind is either laziness or you just haven't tried yet. The best example I can show is that of professional PVPers. To be the one of the best, you cannot be a clicker. The reaction speed/accuracy reduction alone of clicking is enough to kick you out of the high rankings.

So in summary, you may be good as a clicker, but you can easily remarkably be better if you keybind. Why disadvantage yourself when you can take a week or so and become fully comfortable with the superior method of activating abilities?
    "Sociopaths are very good at figuring out ways to fuck people over without actually breaking any rules. One might even argue that it's the only thing they're really any good at. They certainly aren't very good at being people."