• Mac and I play US.

42 12.57%
  • PC and I play US.

129 38.62%

Thread: Mac or PC.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I never saw the point in a Macs ever since I had a terrible experience with them in school when I was younger. Ugh I hated iMacs. Even now I don't see the point if you're going to be gaming a lot seems like you have more of a choice if you get PC.

PC - US

2 things bothered me reading through this thread.

1) Mac is nearly as good as PC (imo, of course). For me it honestly just comes down to personal preferance, I know how to get around windows easily, I've done it for decades, MAC OS not so much, thats the biggest reason I don't own a mac, plain and simple. Everything else has ups and downs, just to take one for example.... Mac is a lot more restrictive than windows... fact BUT my friend is also playing on a 1st gen iMac thats 7 or 8 years old now? (approximating, its not my machine :P ) and still runs wow fine on it, so stability comes with the restrictiveness. Yes it is possible for some of us to keep our PC's running that long (probably a lot of us within the wow community) BUT for the general populous, thats a nice perk :P ( I personally recommend Mac to anyone I know shopping around that I don't consider very tech savy for this very reason, that and I think its easier to learn a mac if your not into computers, everything installs in one place, more visually based navigation, etc etc)

2) All the people talking about all the money you can save building your own machine, haven't looked at pre-builts in a long time LOL Unless you go used parts and/or offbrands your not going to save any money, and maybe thats ok with you but your not really saving money because you pre-built it, your saving money by swapping the components for cheaper ones... Which is your right, I just like the brands I like, and apparantly Dell does too <3

10+ Year Old Account
    PC/US Never really liked Macs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I'm not going to switch to an interface I don't like, handicap my hardware availability, and give myself a headache
    Oh boy, here we go

Macbook for school (graphic design) and a pc for gaming - EU

Deleted
    Mac all the way

Imo they look waaaay better, less weight, the interface is much more simple and a lot of other things.

Also, I haven't experiences any virus/Trojan horse/keyloggers/malware etc on my MacBook pro 15''. Got windows bootable using Parallels due I like Paint and a couple of other programs.

Oh, and I play EU

Quote Originally Posted by Terito View Post
    2) All the people talking about all the money you can save building your own machine, haven't looked at pre-builts in a long time LOL Unless you go used parts and/or offbrands your not going to save any money.
    Actually that's not exactly true, I built my current computer about 2 years ago for about $2000, looking at Dell and HP it would have cost me about 300-500 more for a comparable system. It's not a huge saving but it is something.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Also, I haven't experiences any virus/Trojan horse/keyloggers/malware etc on my MacBook pro 15''.
    I haven't experienced an infection in over 5 years, if you know what you're doing you won't have too many, if any at all, with malicious software.

Also PC-US.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-12-31 at 09:13 AM.

PC, of course! Mac is for rich pussies, who don't have the balls / skills to build their computers themselves.
    I know too many Mac users, so I know what I'm talking about.
    EU-Aegwynn (A):
    [Emkáy] - 85 Night Elf ♀ Druid (Resto / Feral(Cat)) - mainchar
    [Emkàý] - 85 Gnome ♂ Mage (Fire / Frost)
    [Êmkay] - 85 Dwarf ♂ Warrior (Prot / Fury)

Deleted
    Playing a PC,
    EU

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Actually that's not exactly true, I built my current computer about 2 years ago for about $2000, looking at Dell and HP it would have cost me about 300-500 more for a comparable system. It's not a huge saving but it is something.

I haven't experienced an infection in over 5 years, if you know what you're doing you won't have too many, if any at all, with malicious software.

Also PC-US.
    Don't use Dell or HP, use something like CyberPowerPC.

That being said, PC all the way. Macs have sexier cases and form factor, but I don't buy a computer just so everyone else can see me using it. The OS itself is a piece of trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I will refuse to buy an appl eproduct because of Steve Jobs. He's a slimy motherfucker who cut all philanthropic programs from Apple and has yet to implement a single, solid program like Bill Gates has
    Why are you a moderator? That's the first question that pops to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post

You mean actually installing an anti-virus program? DAMN, internet pro rite hurr.

10+ Year Old Account
    i had a Mac and it help me get my mom and grandma into computers it was easy and kinda intuitive. other than that i prefer PC's if you know what you are doing you have more control over performance and cost

PC US

Deleted
    And again, a thread full of Mac haters spreading bunch of FUD. Me and my whole university department are using Macs because Apple is the only company which offers cheap, stable, small, energy-efficient Unix workstation with very good UI and plenty of excellent software to use. And please don't come with Linux, its unusable outside of simple office or surfing environment (this is coming from a guy who used linux for about five years). Linux is the way to go for servers, no questions asked here. And to everyone who complains that Apple stuff is too expensive - just compare the prices of similar PC desktop all-in-one (for iMac) or server-tech (for Mac Pro) offerings. And tbh, I'd rather spend 2000$ on a laptop that weights 2.4 kg, has decent screen resolution, good build quality and 10 hours battery time (not counting in a superb Unix-OS with open-source kernel) then pay 1200$ for a 4kg plastic brick with similar hardware. I'm on a move a lot and the reduced weight of apple laptops really pays off.

EU+PC

I considered getting an iMac not so long ago, but when it came to the specs and since I'm already quite good with Windows, I saw no point in getting one or and learn an entire new OS and therefore rely on external tech help should I require it. No one I know use Mac OS either.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

15+ Year Old Account
    Mac EU - Loved the transition from PC to Mac i had around 2 years ago Loving Mac more than ever.
    Im just that awesome >.<

Of course PC, i wont pay more money for a company name.

US & PC - and there's only one reason, I like being able to actually control my computer. Sure Mac's are easy, I grew up using them in school but wit really sucks swapping the ability to customize/upgrade your computer for the aesthetics of a shiny new overly-expensive casing.

EDIT: Also, touting the lack of viruses you get on your Mac isn't any compliment to the system or OS, it's just a consequence of having a 10% market share. No one writes viruses for systems that rarely come into contact with one another...
    Nothing to see here! Move along! Nothing to see here!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    And DPS means Don't Pull Shit!

Once you go mac you never go back... [EU]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Why are you a moderator? That's the first question that pops to my mind.
    Well, that just like his opinion, man.

PC-EU