The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Deleting battle.net account

I have no idea how to completely delete and finish of my battle.net account. I'm sick of getting emails trying to scam me everyday saying stuff like i changed account information but i havn't played the bloody game or logged in for about 6 months and I don't intend to in the future. I've tried making another email adress i won't use and try to redirect the phishing emails there but i forgot the answer to my security question cos its been so long

Can anyone help me delete my account like giving me a step by step guide?

Deleted
    Removing your battlenet account won't remove the spam mails.

I'm not getting any on my battlenet account address, but plenty on my junkmail address.

you will never be free.

If you're looking to recapture nostalgia.. It's not going to happen.

Deleted
    It won't help to delete your battle.net account since its phishing mails you're getting trying to get your login information. They're not from Blizzard.

If you still want to have your battle.net account deleted and wiped from the system you can call Blizzard Customer Support. They're obligated by law (atleast in my country - Denmark) to delete all information about you at your request. If your battle.net account is deleted your characters and all in-game things will be permanently gone and cannot be recovered in any way whatsoever.

If you want an actual solution. Change your email address. Send the new email to your friends only. Only use it for that. Keep the other email address for 'spam validation signed for a forum blah blah and never open anything in it.
    Last edited by mmoc7e7f5dec46; 2011-01-02 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Clarification on battle.net account deletion consequences

15+ Year Old Account
    No, if you want an actual solution you don't give your email address to anyone except blizzard.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Wonna know why you are getting spammed with WoW related junk-mail trying to scam you? Because you wen't and POSTED YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS at one of those dodgy websites or otherwise exposed your e-mail address trying to sell your account/buy gold or something similar.

You reap what you sow
    No Screenshot. No Signature. From WMV or Ingame. Make it big.

Watch me create signatures on Youtube here - Watch my signature gallery here

Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    you will never be free.

Pretty much this.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferis View Post
    Wonna know why you are getting spammed with WoW related junk-mail trying to scam you? Because you wen't and POSTED YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS at one of those dodgy websites or otherwise exposed your e-mail address trying to sell your account/buy gold or something similar.
    Not necessarily. They scavange fan websites such as MMO-Champion, Arenajunkies, Elitist Jerks, and various guild forums for email addresses as well. (The Guild homepage forum threads on most Realm forums tells them where to look for the last ones)

my gmail account filters all that crap out like a champ /shrug
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

Quote Originally Posted by Inferis View Post

You reap what you sow
    Three days after registering an account here, on a seldom used email account of mine, I started getting battle.net phishing emails. MMO-Champion seems pretty leaky.

Deleted
    Create a filter in your email application that deletes any mail with references to battle.net or Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmoce1e4d9dec7; 2011-01-05 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Three days after registering an account here, on a seldom used email account of mine, I started getting battle.net phishing emails. MMO-Champion seems pretty leaky.
    Same here. Not a big deal considering it all goes to my spam folder anyways, but a bit frustrating. I think now that Curse has its hands in the pot, it'll either be exponentially worse, or just fine, but for those of us who were already hit by it... /elsadpando

15+ Year Old Account
    i get emails on my hotmail account, while i have never used it for wow stuff or any other game... so deleting your bnet account won´t help...
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    Aye, deleting your B.Net account won't help. I still get spam on my old e-mailadres. They get your e-mail in different ways:

- It can be posted on a website that is about MMO's/WOW (guild?)
    - A friend/person you know got hacked, and your e-mailadres is in their adressbook.

Once you're on the list, you really can't get off. Best thing to do is create a new e-mailadres and keep it secret (or have 2 seperate, one for spam, one for professional use)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    No, if you want an actual solution you don't give your email address to anyone except blizzard.
    I actually have an e-mail that has only been entered for logging into World of Warcraft and there's phising spam in that mail's inbox periodically ever few weeks. Not every day though.

Quote Originally Posted by drukai View Post
    Same here. Not a big deal considering it all goes to my spam folder anyways, but a bit frustrating. I think now that Curse has its hands in the pot, it'll either be exponentially worse, or just fine, but for those of us who were already hit by it... /elsadpando
    I only registered here recently after Curse was in full control so either someone running or working at this site is directly giving away email addresses or their security isn't so secure.

Even if you did delete your B.net account, what if one day you did decide 'You know what, I fancy some WoW or SC2', you'd have to purchase the game again rather than simply having to redownload the game, and in the case of WoW, thats pretty pricey now-a-days.