Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    You do know WoW is a PvE game that blizzard decided to tack PvP onto right?
    Reading comphrension ftw, re-read my post plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    You do know WoW is a PvE game that blizzard decided to tack PvP onto right?
    That's pretty much exactly what he said. WoW is a PvE game, with PvP added to attract people interested in it. PvP is not a real part of WoW, and I think it really shows. In games that have PvP build around them, or alongside the PvE the PvP is much more balanced.

Tol Barad was tested just so you guys know. There were pages, and pages of people on the forums telling them it's messed up. Nothing was done. I personally think it's fine, people saying "make it so we only have to capture two to win" fine, but take out the spires. Make it happen every hour. There are plenty of ways to fix it,and let's be honest.

WoW is a PvE game, that is pointed out lots. It's true, and the fact is they won't even fix their PvE. What makes you think they give a damn about fixing PvP? The only reason they changed the honor was to bring the grind back to PvP. No real PvPer gives a crap how fast you got your PvP gear. We just want a good fight, and to have fun. They changed it so that people would have to grind more. I like what Bioware said about Grind though (think it was bioware at PAX), Grind is just a way for a game to hide the fact that it doesn't have content. They are right, and people know it.

It is far easier to Defend then it is to Attack. Blizz needs to do something about that.

That sure is great, back to alliance having it all the time here...

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Reading comphrension ftw, re-read my post plz.
    Not so much reading comprehension, more so my bad, didn't even read the whole thing.
    Last edited by Zokten; 2011-01-04 at 03:45 AM.

well they cant fix Tol Barad...................... It's just ruined now! GG

They need to do something to boost the attacking team. With the defense being able to zerg in a circle, and people not understanding you need to be ahead of the zerg to stop it then the BG becomes a chase and loss.

There needs to be either more attackers in the BG than defenders, or a damage/health buff like Tenacity. That would make the attacking team now have to organize 40 random people to defend the next node in the zerg, and then have others go and take the other bases

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    R.I.P 1.8k TB.

At least I managed to get full pvp set and 2 mounts :P
    I have to agree. After a little prodding, i was able to urge my guild to jump in and get as much honor as they could as well. I dont think we have a single member without a full set of pvp gear now. NOW normal pvp is equalized without having to do Arena's. Nothing worse then getting Arena babies who get their epic pvp gear stomping on your ass when you just want to do something simple like run a few AVs, WSG's etc.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well if your going to change it blizzard, give us more damn honor during BG. My god, it takes forever to hit 2200 points .

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame, really. Ideally you don't want to encourage win trading, but the 1800 honor achieved some amount of equilibrium despite Tol Barad's (Fail Barad?) very serious design flaws. I knew it wouldn't last, but I'm going to miss it all the same. It was what made TB tolerable.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

About time they fix their broken BG. Now all they have to do is change the BG so that you can't just turtle one point (IE, "whoever controls more bases at the end of the timer wins", something like that) and Tol Barad will no longer be a horrid BG.

The win-trading has already stopped on my server

FYI what happened wasn't actually win trading. There was no collusion to trade control of Tol Barad. People just did what was in their best interest. Comparing it to arena is just silly.

Way to kill the golden goose, win traders. Thanks a bunch.

Deleted
    good dont have to bother with TB anymore

why not just delete this zone?

I appreciate the quick action Blizzard took to combat the win-trading caused by the initial increase in Honor awarded to the winners. However it does nothing for my lack of faith in Blizzards capabilities to balance Tol Barad. Especially when you consider that Tol Barad is, in Blizzards own words, partially like Wintergrasp. And Blizzard never managed to balance Wintergrasp.

---------- Post added 2011-01-04 at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    FYI what happened wasn't actually win trading. There was no collusion to trade control of Tol Barad. People just did what was in their best interest. Comparing it to arena is just silly.
    Actually there were reports from multiple realms, mine included, stating the opposite. The general accusations were that the Alliance and Horde were trading control by letting the other side win. As evidence you can look at how nearly impossible it was to win when attacking before the honor increase, and how suddenly it was changing hands every battle after the increase...even though the number of participants didn't change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    I'm predicting a huge number of QQ and faction and server transfers. Thank god that the servers will finally start to auto-balance themselves.
    That doesn't sound right at all. If you were on the winning team why would you switch servers and take the chance of it being a loosing one? Or switch to the loosing faction on the same server?

If anything it will make it worse by making people feel that they are missing out on content due to the imbalance of TB thereby having those people faction change to the winning side or server change to a server that wins, which would just bloat the winning sides.

Hopefully that made sense lol.

So, there's two ways this could in any way be balanced.

Either the 1800 was a bonus for Xmas and they already had plans to lower it, which, it was a ridiculous bonus and you can't even compare the two numbers, showing they either knew it was too much, or they just don't want to hand out PvP gear anymore...

Or.

They knew TB was a broken, worthless, failed attempt at a PvP zone, and they put the 1800 to get people in it to complain about it to basically be testers with a bonus for dredging through the...well...crap that it is. And now, the change happened because they have plans to fix TB and make it worth defending, attacking, or even being glanced at on the map.

They also probably didn't fix the bridge because now the time spent standing there is pointless anyway, so it's a back-burner glitch.
    Last edited by Knirps; 2011-01-04 at 06:03 AM.

Argh! I was one level away from being able to join!