Wow My Q Was 45 Minutes?!?!

Oh the days when a dps would complain for a 15min Q in dungeon finder.

As a tank in this expansion, I cannot even begin to lvl my alts because what seems like all my guild and online friends have dropped their off-tank and off-heals specs in favor of just waiting for me to log on and Qing with me. The one other guild tank has the same issue.

Everytime I log ppl are telling me they have been in Q for 40+ minutes and cant get a group, then if they do get one something always goes wrong. Tanks are still at maximum 3 sec Q times and I have not run a random in this expansion without at least one guildy or buddy with me.

OH NOS!! What are we going to do?!?! All the tanks that can't handle dps QQ or wiping have become dps!

While I agree that some tanks deserve a little QQ about because they do not tank properly and aggro gets away from them, the fact that SO MANY dps are complaining about healing and tanking is quite funny to me personally. Unless a toon is a rogue, mage, lock, or hunter there should be a way for them to get an insta Q. But no one wants to be a heals. No one wants to tank.

So its not for everyone. Totally understand, one of my good buddies is DPS or DIE. But expect longer and longer Qs or be prepared for slightly undergeared tanks/heals.

I just find it funny that the dps complain "the Q is really long" and then tell me that they have a tank or heals off sepc. Will this pattern continue til there are more purples to go around and gear is easier to come by? Or is this the way it is... altless

Quote Originally Posted by tehshape View Post
    Oh the days when a dps would complain for a 15min Q in dungeon finder.

As a tank in this expansion, I cannot even begin to lvl my alts because what seems like all my guild and online friends have dropped their off-tank and off-heals specs in favor of just waiting for me to log on and Qing with me. The one other guild tank has the same issue.

Everytime I log ppl are telling me they have been in Q for 40+ minutes and cant get a group, then if they do get one something always goes wrong. Tanks are still at maximum 3 sec Q times and I have not run a random in this expansion without at least one guildy or buddy with me.

OH NOS!! What are we going to do?!?! All the tanks that can't handle dps QQ or wiping have become dps!

While I agree that some tanks deserve a little QQ about because they do not tank properly and aggro gets away from them, the fact that SO MANY dps are complaining about healing and tanking is quite funny to me personally. Unless a toon is a rogue, mage, lock, or hunter there should be a way for them to get an insta Q. But no one wants to be a heals. No one wants to tank.

So its not for everyone. Totally understand, one of my good buddies is DPS or DIE. But expect longer and longer Qs or be prepared for slightly undergeared tanks/heals.

I just find it funny that the dps complain "the Q is really long" and then tell me that they have a tank or heals off sepc. Will this pattern continue til there are more purples to go around and gear is easier to come by? Or is this the way it is... altless

You're a tank in a guild, you expect to NOT tank for your guild? That is funny. My offspec is tank BUT, I tank I get poor healers/DPS essentially low end players. If you bring a guild tank/healers it's much easier for your to carry the other DPS opposed to if you're playing the supporting roles. THAT is the reason behind people not switching. It's also discouraging to switch when you do 16k+ in heroics >>

I have a Heals, DPS, and tank set on my druid and switch between boomkin and tank with my MS being heals. I CAN tank, but its not to pretty. Nothing to do with skill, just lack of gear and enchants. Some people have a tank set and CAN que as tank, but for us healers and DPS we pray they do not.

Nothing like getting a tank with 115k life in a H as a healer. :/ lol
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Lol Ive been tanking on my paly and then begging the guild (usually successfully) for the same on my mage. Seems to work well, they put out if I do.

I am noticing though vengeance is suffering like rage used to for warriors. The better geared the tank (we have 8 of the current content bosses down, 6 on 25 man) the less damage they take so their vengeance and threat are down.

Conversely on my mage the better my gear the higher my damage and threat. Had our guild main tank laughing he could hold threat on all the crap through bastion, BWD, Baradin hold and Throne of the winds, but was having trouble keeping threat in heroics. He told me to go all out and keep iceblock on cooldown so he could practice a threat rotation again. Gotta have fun in heroics somehow.

I've played a hunter as my main for 4 years now, but with the 45+ min queues i've decided to level a DK to tank endgame and I love it I'll be 85 soon and with instant queues ill get geared enough to join my guild in BWD very soon. Blood Tanking is awsome

Quote Originally Posted by Bucknazty View Post
    Nothing like getting a tank with 115k life in a H as a healer. :/ lol
    Is that even possible?
    My protpala which i just got up to 85 last night have around 125k selfbuffed (and no, not all gemslots are filled with pure stam ) and I haven't ran a single cata instance yet with that char.
    The second I hit 85 I had an ilvl of 320 which was all reputation and questgear.