View Poll Results: Are you happy with your class changes?

Voters
243. This poll is closed
  • Yes, they improved dramatically.

42 17.28%
  • Yes, but there are still a lot of things to do.

52 21.40%
  • No, but it was an improvement.

25 10.29%
  • No, nothing significant has been done.

88 36.21%
  • I don't really care

36 14.81%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    I'm a fire mage, or wel, a mage main in general since I started playing.

1. Fire changes don't seem as bad as everyone claims. I really just play casually nowadays so honestly it doesn't really affect me much. Unless it interferes with my ability to solo stuff etc

2. Kind of sad about Ice Floes going for Fire/Arcane. I have Belo'virs so getting that other talent as Arcane I don't tihnk is really an option for me if I want to max out the use of my legendary. Seemingly it's only being removed from our spec due to Norgannons/Bracers. Guess they want to make Norgannons not look like a PoS anymore

3. Interested in the Flamestrike meme spec since it seems to have made it to live

4. Arcane seems like it may pass fire now, especially with that +1 evocation legendary

5. Frost seems to be in a better place too. Don't really want to swap from fire but whatever does more damage is what i'll be moving toward

Soooooooo...you lack the self control to play what you enjoy because god forbid one of the other specs does .5% more damage than the spec you like to play?

Seriously, how to people justify this sort of decision. ITS A FUCKING GAME, ENJOY IT

THREE LEAPS! JUST GOTTA FARM IT! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Will it be three leaps rest of the game or will legendaries be disabled at 111?

WW Monk here and I dont know what to say... I'm glad about SEF fixing and thats just it... Was expecting some ''talents baking into spec''(looking at you hit combo) and i got taunt statue talent... Yay

As a DH moving to ele, I am very happy!

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Fury. Nothing was done.

What kind of a poll is this?

Where's an option for "No, things got worse"???????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Soooooooo...you lack the self control to play what you enjoy because god forbid one of the other specs does .5% more damage than the spec you like to play?

Seriously, how to people justify this sort of decision. ITS A FUCKING GAME, ENJOY IT
    Because for some people that's only one of the many ways they get fun out of the game. Isn't it obvious ?

Deleted
    Like other stated already;
    you are missing the option for: "no, they went into an entirely wrong direction"

Regardless: I'm very happy with the changes to Retribution.

Removal of GBoM, paired with a 12% buff of dmg on most abilities - Hell to the Yeah, baby!
    GBoW and GBoK castable in combat - No more tank chainpulling from start to end and then complaining why he got no buff, yay!
    Nerf of previously BiS legendaries paired with buff on my current ones - Hell yeah!
    NH items reitemized... better than before, mainly tier set - yay!
    nerf to DI, addition of JoL to retribution - certainly gives some choice... which is nice too

So overall: 7.1.5 will be great for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post

Yup completely agree here. People have lost touch with enjoying the game. The irony here is the majority of players who are changing to FOTM characters most likely aren't good enough at the game to actually maximize DPS on raid encounters, they're just looking for a crutch for their lack of skill. So you reroll the "best" dps class, then proceed to play it incorrectly and have mediocre DPS anyways.

Pick a class you enjoy, pick a spec you enjoy and play it. If you're in a guild that isn't taking your class because it's not pulling enough damage then it most likely means you're not playing the class correctly, or the guild is assuming everybody in the guild is terrible. Just take a step back and learn to enjoy the game, this is coming from a class A meter whore as well, I actually enjoy the challenge of getting onto Worldoflogs with a shitty spec to show people it's doable

As a shadow Priest main, I'm adopting a wait-and-see approach. The patch notes certainly look decent for the spec, but I'm wary. They still haven't come up with a solution to the awfulness that is Surrender to Madness, and the spec remains one of the least enjoyable in the game. Seriously, it is. I've leveled ten characters to max by now, and getting my Spriest to 110 was by far the most miserable experience. The only reason I'm not giving it top spot is that I haven't touched my warlock yet.

So any change = welcome, but I'm not sure they're actually fixing the core problems so much as tinkering with percentages on the margins.

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    As a shadow Priest main, I'm adopting a wait-and-see approach. The patch notes certainly look decent for the spec, but I'm wary. They still haven't come up with a solution to the awfulness that is Surrender to Madness, and the spec remains one of the least enjoyable in the game. Seriously, it is. I've leveled ten characters to max by now, and getting my Spriest to 110 was by far the most miserable experience. The only reason I'm not giving it top spot is that I haven't touched my warlock yet.

So any change = welcome, but I'm not sure they're actually fixing the core problems so much as tinkering with percentages on the margins.
    spec afflic, pull out voidhead, and dot drain away. only at 5+ mobs will you be in danger of losing health

Quote Originally Posted by Fourze View Post
    I play Fury. Nothing was done.
    Same boat as Fourze, I play Frost Death Knight nothing was done to it as well.

Druid:
    - main: Resto - whatever, I should be happy I suppose, because new patch doesn't change/destroy anything significant
    - offspec: Balance - underwhelmed, yeah we got some minor buffs, but seing almost everyone else got 2x-6,75x as much I don't think we'll be able to compete

On the other hand I'm quite happy with BM Hunter (my cleave monster alt for friendly M+ group) and Affli Lock (I've always had a soft spot for the 'evil dot guy' spec) changes, can't wait to try them live.

Fury PoV - Pre-patch performance was middling to low at the top-end from a raiding PoV, feedback regarding QoL and fundamental mechanics with our execute phase has fallen on deaf ears and the classes legendary pool has been diluted with a lacklustre utility leg. Few sub-par talents have been buffed and a peppering of % increases on some abilities.

As for live 7.1.5 DPS performance i'll wait a few weeks for some aggregate data on WCL but I wont be holding my breath (voted 'No, nothing significant has been done.' unsurprisingly enough).
    Last edited by Oneer; 2017-01-10 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Number tuning may lead to switching to new talents, which can slightly change the gameplay. But rotations remain dumbed down with no skill check.
    Implying there was ever a skill check. No class has ever been difficult to play. Did this myth begin with the whole JOHN F*****G MADDEN feral flowchart back in the day?

If you ever found "rotations" (the clue's in the meaning of the word, a cycled repetition of actions; nothing challenging) difficult, there remain dozens if not hundreds of addons that will autopilot you into which button to press in which order.

No class in this game is or ever has been remotely challenging to play. Get over yourself lol.

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    Implying there was ever a skill check. No class has ever been difficult to play. Did this myth begin with the whole JOHN F*****G MADDEN feral flowchart back in the day?

If you ever found "rotations" (the clue's in the meaning of the word, a cycled repetition of actions; nothing challenging) difficult, there remain dozens if not hundreds of addons that will autopilot you into which button to press in which order.

No class in this game is or ever has been remotely challenging to play. Get over yourself lol.
    That's why I said 'remain'.

As a Sin Rogue I was pretty happy with it until I realized they nerfed our main artifact trait without mentioning it anywhere and now we need all new relics, while also probably still being significantly weaker than prepatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Demon Hunter's looking good. So long as they don't touch my 100% metamorphosis leech or the eyebeam metamorphosis talent (Which got buffed, woo!) I'm happy with demon hunters.

I have no idea because the patch notes and whats on the PTR are very different things. Anyone played DH on live NA yet so you can tell me whats happened for us EU plebs?

I voted "No, nothing significant has been done." but only because there is no option "No, my main spec is fubar and the other two got more disimprovements than improvements."