Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkistador View Post
    Well I'm in the new group of "disconnected" and when I'm looking at my connexion log in the game log folder it says :

12/29 10:54:01.375 Client initiated Disconnect from 213.248.127.130

And this is the IP of the TeliaSonnera AB server dedicated to blizzard Entertainment

Try a traceroute to this IP, it won't succeed. Seems like their server is down.
    HAH! Telia, I guessed right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I had some issues with my Telia internet for about an hour a week ago or so. It kept going up and down.

Some times, they just have to take down their service to fix a problem. And those problems often seem to happen during winter.
    Atleast they're not in bed with Comhem. Right? Fuck.

Deleted
    Can't get in either, fu blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    But the problem must be with their ISP that hosts their servers. As it seems the log in servers are ok, but anything past that as in actually loging on the world servers gets stuck. So it's not "various regions of internet traffic" when none can log into the world servers. Meaning the "Breaking News" message is just so vague and far from the truth.
    Ofcourse Blizzard do their best in dealing with it, regardless, Blizzard can't do anything about it because it's out of their control. All they can do is poke.

Sure thing, whatever you say, you know best. I'm sure your sources are reliable and not entirely based on loose rumor and guesswork. Blizzard hates us, they don't want us to play etc. You must be right.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    Atleast they're not in bed with Comhem. Right? Fuck.
    Same net they use, no? Telia might not be your provider, but they still affect every other supplier in countries like Sweden, for all I know.

Deleted
    I can pass login and authentication just fine, but the problems begin after choosing a character. Getting about 90% through loading screen and getting dc'd, on every character.

Deleted
    Ofcourse Blizzard do their best in dealing with it, regardless, Blizzard can't do anything about it because it's out of their control. All they can do is poke.

Sure thing, whatever you say, you know best. I'm sure your sources are reliable and not entirely based on loose rumor and guesswork. Blizzard hates us, they don't want us to play etc. You must be right.
    Never said that. Just stating the facts as it is and pointing that the current "Breaking News" message is not for what is now. It's the message that explains why people in the last days have experienced lagg and disconnects.

That still doesn't change the situation that now a lot of players can't play the game. Would be nice to get it fixed sometime soon, if not and it stays the whole day it would also be nice to get a free day of subscription since you couldn't play and it wasn't our fault for that.

patience my dear geeks

How can they know its the ISP, how can they talk to parties involved if theres 14 ISP's alone in this region already?

Always easy to blame the other end of the line and tell the ones that cant login your fixing it... while in the meantime

you look internally till you find whats bugged or which GM cut a wire cause he didn't get his raise.

Blizz, thats so 2006!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Got in after deleting cache.

It ain't brain surgery.
    Coincidence. Not a solution.

Deleted
    Same net they use, no? Telia might not be your provider, but they still affect every other supplier in countries like Sweden, for all I know.
    As Comhem's shit frequently goes down, I doubt it.

Deleted
    So the question is. Do i play RIFT or SWTOR in the meantime?

Kind of urging the star wars vibe after watching star wars IV last night but then i remember how bad the pvp is.
    The urge gets focused on RIFT after that but i start to remember the insanely long and boring questing.

Maybe give guild wars 2 another chance? Is that game still alive?

Damn it! Just let me in wow NOW :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Never said that. Just stating the facts as it is and pointing that the current "Breaking News" message is not for what is now. It's the message that explains why people in the last days have experienced lagg and disconnects.

That still doesn't change the situation that now a lot of players can't play the game. Would be nice to get it fixed sometime soon, if not and it stays the whole day it would also be nice to get a free day of subscription since you couldn't play and it wasn't our fault for that.
    You seem to labor under the illussion that Blizzard somehow doesn't care their their customer base can't play their game.

Ofcourse, if you were in control it'd all be fixed and working all the time, because you have nothing better to do on a saturday morning.

You want them to pay you for something that isn't their fault? Step away from the computer and think about what you're saying.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Coincidence. Not a solution.
    It's a solution if it's what worked for him. But yeah great, give attitude to a guy that gives tips on how to possibly help fix the problem for others.

Deleted
    You seem to labor under the illussion that Blizzard somehow doesn't care their their customer base can't play their game.

Ofcourse, if you were in control it'd all be fixed and working all the time, because you have nothing better to do on a saturday morning.

You want them to pay you for something that isn't their fault? Step away from the computer and think about what you're saying.
    You fail yet again. As I said before when we had downtime and couldn't play the game we got free days. Then after 2008ish we never got any free days. But the downtimes got rare also. So if the problem is not fixed today it's not so "unordinary" for the players to recieve a free day since they couldn't play.

There is a 2000+ posts thread in wow forums - it is being worked on (they say ^^) not much point in posting here or there, will not help it get fixxed. Probably Telia fallen apart again.

Deleted
    Suffering the same issues as many others.

Able to log into my character select/realm select screen just fine, but whenever I try and log on to a character I get stuck on the loading screen at around 90% done and disconnected after a couple of minutes.

Was working fine 8 hours ago

For anyone who does NOT understand what the problem exactly is, here is an explanation:

Look at the following map. You see servers in different countries connecting each other. That is basicly how internet all over our planet is tied together. If you connect from country A to a website in country C, then you have a node in country B before you can reach C.

Note: The nodes in image are fiction and are only used as example.

A node, called (external) ISP (Internet Service Provider), connects to another node then it follows a route to that node. Then you have a internet connection. If one the nodes in between has a connection issue then last node searches for a different route. If there isn't another way then there is a connection error.

Example: Look at the node in Russia in the above map, there are a lot ways from Russia to Paris. So if a node on the route to Paris fails, then there is another way to reach Paris. So there is no problem for the user.

This is the problem. One of the nodes has a connection issue. This node is close to Blizzard and the node is also in Paris (like Blizzards server). A couple of countries, trying to connect to Blizzard's server, uses this node. It is the last node before your connection reaches Blizzard. For this node is no back-up route available like in the Russia example. Meaning you get a connection error. Meaning you cannot connect to Blizzard to play World of Warcraft.

Hope this clears up the situation.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-12-29 at 11:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post
    How can they know its the ISP, how can they talk to parties involved if theres 14 ISP's alone in this region already?
    Asking, and troubleshooting. Usually what works.

Deleted
    Blizzard should take responsibility for something that's actually their responsibility. It's an easy concept to understand, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    For anyone who does NOT understand what the problem exactly is, here is an explanation:

Look at the following map. You see server in different countries connecting each other. That is basicly how internet all over our planet is tied together. If you connect from country A to a website in country C, then you have a node in bountry B before you can reach C.

Note: The nodes in image are fiction and are only used as example.

A node, called ISP (Internet Service Provider), connects to another node then i follows a route to that node. Then you have a internet connection. If one the nodes in between has a connection issue then last node searches for a different route. Example: Look at the node in Russia in the above map, there are a lot ways from Russia to Paris. So if a node on the route to Paris fails, then there is another way to reach Paris. So there is no problem for the user.

This is the problem. One of the nodes has a connection issue. This node is close to Blizzard and the node is also in Paris (like Blizzards server). A couple of countries, trying to connect to Blizzard's server, uses this node. It is the last node before your connection reaches Blizzard. For this node is no back-up route available like in the Russia example. Meaning you get a connection error. Meaning you cannot connect to Blizzard to play World of Warcraft.

Hope this clears up the situation.
    Very well written. Thank you!

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    Blizzard should take responsibility for something that's actually their responsibility. It's an easy concept to understand, really.
    Not sure what part of "external ISP" is their responsability. Should Blizzard pay for the entire worlds internet and ISP's just so everyone can connect to their game at all times? Be reasonable. Look at Zeror's post to understand why such complaints are ridiculous.

Deleted
    Not sure what part of "external ISP" is their responsability. Should Blizzard pay for the entire worlds internet and ISP's just so everyone can connect to their game at all times? Be reasonable. Look at Zeror's post to understand why such complaints are ridiculous.
    I don't have to look at his post to understand the problem. You're the one not being reasonable and failing to understand logic.

My dog goes out and dies on someone's lawn. He's tagged and everything, the property owner's call me up and ask me to deal with it. I tell them "hey, it's not my lawn".
    That's reasonable to you, right?