Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It was awsome.
    No it wasn't. It was a random ass PoS that was completely useless when tanking large numbers of mobs.

But they took it away in Cata. So we had an absorb before warriors did.
    You mean MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    No it wasn't. It was a random ass PoS that was completely useless when tanking large numbers of mobs.
    Until 4.1, when it stopped being consumed in one hit, at which point it was fine because lots of mobs meant it proc'd basically every GCD. (dang, I forgot it took until 4.1, could have sworn it was 4.0.something)

Unless you go ahead and assume every one of those mobs hits as hard as a raid boss would, but that's an issue of scaling upwards with damage taken, not with multiple targets.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-11-12 at 10:49 PM.

Until 4.1, when it stopped being consumed in one hit, at which point it was fine because lots of mobs meant it proc'd basically every GCD. (dang, I forgot it took until 4.1, could have sworn it was 4.0.something)
    Oh, I know what I'm thinking of - refreshing a higher value with a lower one (thx Atramedes you asshole).

4.0.6? I don't remember anymore.

Since this is the top google hit for these abilities, I wanted to necro and add that they have been significantly altered.

Guardian of Elune:
    Passive
    "Savage Defense now lasts 3 seconds, and increases dodge chance by 100%. Additionally, the recharge time on Savage Defense is now reduced by your base dodge chance."

Malfurian's Tenacity is now --> Pulverize:
    Instant No CD
    "A devastating blow that consumes 3 stacks of lacerate to deal x,xxx Physical damage, and reduce physical damage taken by 15% for 10 seconds."

Bristling Fur:
    Instant 1min CD
    "You bristle your fur, reducing all damage taken by 40% for 3 seconds."

Bristling will be the go to for those that don't care about optimization or magic vs. physical damage and just want an extra Oh S*** cooldown. It's nice though because it reduces all damage, and maybe with a versatility spec in later tiers, that 1 minute CD will be significantly reduced.

Elune is for those 3-stacks-of-Impale moments. You're going to die, but nananana, I've got a magic "can't touch me" button.

Pulverize seems like it's there to do 3 things. First, it can help regain aggro and stop you from dying when you do. Second, it reduces damage taken more predictably. And third, when a boss does a Flayer-like attack, something longer than 3 seconds that the other CD's couldn't handle, this would be the one to take. I like Pulverize.

Increase the duration on Pulverize's buff and I'd like it more. That or make the damage scale like a Feral finisher. As it stands it really hurts Guardian's already lackluster AoE threat generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Increase the duration on Pulverize's buff and I'd like it more. That or make the damage scale like a Feral finisher. As it stands it really hurts Guardian's already lackluster AoE threat generation.
    You realize that Thrash currently does over 100% AP in physical damage that ignores armor on hit right?

Pulverize is pretty much the #1 choice unless you need GoE or Fur for something.

You realize that Thrash currently does over 100% AP in physical damage that ignores armor on hit right?

Pulverize is pretty much the #1 choice unless you need GoE or Fur for something.
    How's it comparing to Blood Boil+diseases? Never bothered to copy my DK over to see how they're playing though I hear it's pretty lackluster rotation-wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I hear it's pretty lackluster rotation-wise.
    every class seems to be complaining about something.. even saw a mobility complaint for warriors, which are/were the (one of the) most mobile in combat..

DKs i just read that the playstyle is too slow.. which prolly improves alot with more haste..

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperactive View Post
    every class seems to be complaining about something.. even saw a mobility complaint for warriors, which are/were the (one of the) most mobile in combat..

DKs i just read that the playstyle is too slow.. which prolly improves alot with more haste..
    The mobility complaint for warriors is mostly due to Heroic Leap still having a minimum range requirement to use.

The biggest complaints I've seen for DKs are Haste reliance and loss of Heart Strike leaving Death Strike as the only reliable melee attack they have unless they want to forgo using Death Strike for 2x Plague Strikes. They're already the weakest melee with regards to mobility, they're also bottom of the totem pole with regards to being silenced.

I don't understand why they didn't nerf pulverize way more than just down from 20 to 15%... it almost sounds like they think it's fine since that was simply an adjustement to the tank nerf.

Also, thrash meaning it ignores armor means nothing, it's balanced with it in mind, it hits for less to compensates, it's not exactly stronger than other aoes..