Poll: Do you think Blizzard will someday sell heirlooms in the Blizzard store?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its only a matter of time before gear shows up period. The cash shop is going to do nothing but expand.

I wonder if Rob Pardo shudders at his quote about how "micro-transactions would be a betrayal to the players" now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadNeos View Post
    I wonder if Rob Pardo shudders at his quote about how "micro-transactions would be a betrayal to the players" now
    I would think at this point he has reconciled himself to what has been an obvious reality for a fairly long time. Hopefully he shared financially in blizzard's success over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Its only a matter of time before gear shows up period. The cash shop is going to do nothing but expand.
    just as sor instant80 made some type of more generally instant-purchasable toon inevitable.

The clever part is that they describe it as somehow associated with wod, so while one day it isn't max-level, it most certainly is today, yet you can have it now and wod isn't even in beta.....
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

The "no" option doesn't make sense. They are already selling gear with the insta 90s. It isn't good gear but it is still gear. People may view boa gear differently but it stops working lvls prior to the gear they are already giving players.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Doubt they will, but I wouldn't really care if they did, considering the fact that all that it would do would be cut out running dungeons for justice points. Not like it gives a competitive advantage.
    This is a good example of the creep in positive views on shop items - used to 'no impact on gameplay' was the most common standard. That seems pretty easy to define (instantly go from level 1 to 90 is an impact, at least as I understand the word).

"Competitive advantage" is so nebulous that nothing blizzard ever sells will unanimously be viewed as meeting that standard, and in fact if gear isn't as good as or better than heroic raid latest tier loot, you will always have someone who argues that it in fact isn't a competitive advantage.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2014-04-16 at 03:32 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

They already offer the option to skip past anywhere that you would want to wear heirloom gear, selling both heirloom gear and level boosting is excessive. They'll do it eventually though.

I'm surprised they didn't do it before offering the purchasable 90 on the store.

Deleted
    Of course they will, and beginning it by having heirlooms on end bosses which when you get there is RNG based? I mean seriously I have killed Garrosh exactly 36times on Normal mode or higher. Zero looms so far

Thus this gets the playerbase used to not having each loom which after a while gains the mentality that it would be alright to buy these from a shop.
    Add in the insta 90 (so far) and its a starter for a crap sandwhich which will be coming soon

It is all about slowly slowly adjust attitudes with blizz and people don't seem to see it sadly

Deleted
    Maybe. Maybe not. It's certainly a possibility, but we'll see.
    Wouldn't care about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    Good luck trying to solo Wotlk heroics back then as any class ( or god forbid gutwrenching stuff like Pit of Saron which was a no-go zone for PuGs )
    Compared to heroics in later expansions when they were outdated but still in the same expansion..yeah, WotlK heroics were harder. See where i'm getting at? At some point i can clear a dungeon in 1 min on my Hunter by just looking at my screen angrily.
    The only reason those Heroics were difficult was because they came out at the end of Wrath(PoS,HoR. and FoS) every other wrath heroic was a joke lmao literally just pull and aoe