Thread: Simcraft guide

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Sim'd again today and, suddenly, it's scaling my Expertise to 0.

Reasons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajakain View Post
    Sim'd again today and, suddenly, it's scaling my Expertise to 0.

Reasons?
    I think it's because you are so far over expertise cap, and I'm not sure why. You're reforging into expertise in a bunch of cases, even when you are 3.6% over expertise cap. Fix that and it'll go back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I think it's because you are so far over expertise cap, and I'm not sure why. You're reforging into expertise in a bunch of cases, even when you are 3.6% over expertise cap. Fix that and it'll go back to normal.
    The gemming / reforging reflects Arms. (Did CMs). I'll fix it to default and then re-run it. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: That did it. Everything's squared away as it should be. Thanks again for the tip.
    Last edited by Sajakain; 2014-07-08 at 07:38 AM.

I should get my stat weights without reforge, gems and enchants, right? I'm kinda confused with this. With my current gear i get different weights than with the "clean" gear, and those weights from the "clean" gear got better results. The thing i found weird was Mr. Robot suggesting Windsong instead of Dancing Steel. I mean, i got better results, but really, Windsong? I'm kinda skeptical with this lol
    Anyways, here is the stat weights i get simulating my current gear (using Mr. Robot's optimization):
    Str: 5.98; AP: 2.84; Exp: 18.84; Hit: 2.70; Crit: 9.06; Haste: 4; Mastery: 6.95; Wdps: 14.95; WOHdps: 6.35.
    And this is the stat weights i get simulating the "clean" gear (no reforges, enchants or gems):
    Str: 4.23; AP: 1.70; Exp: 14.29; Hit: 2.23; Crit: 7.89; Haste: 2.74; Mastery: 4.89; Wdps: 10.97; WOHdps: 5.37.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should sim you character as well optimized as possible, and run the sim, get stat weights, and adjust accordingly. If you want to check or min max even more you'll do that at least once more, but it's rarely needed, as at the most it tends to be a very minor shift.

First of all, thanks for your answer!
    Optimized with the first weights (result of the sim using the gear optimized with Mr. Robot) i got around 770 less DPS than using the second (result of the sim using the clean gear). But on the second one i was also using Windsong. When i switched Windsong for Dancing Steel it was even closer, with the second one winning by less than 200. And also with the first weights i got 0.8% less crit and 1,22% more mastery comparing to the second one.
    What i noticed is that in both simulations the stat weights were really close. Then i did as you said and tested these two "new" weights, and the results were exactly the same - but still bellow the result i got optimizing with the weights i got with the "clean" gear. But i won't take my chances with Windsong... lol
    And again, thanks for clarifying it to me!

You must also remember that each individual change affects stat weights. I also haven't seen a one mention it recently but at near BiS(specifically right around soft crit cap) you will see a massive change in stat weights. If you were to then plug those weights into AMR, optimize and resim with the optimized setup you would see a huge drop in DPS and large changes in stat weights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiboy View Post
    You must also remember that each individual change affects stat weights. I also haven't seen a one mention it recently but at near BiS(specifically right around soft crit cap) you will see a massive change in stat weights. If you were to then plug those weights into AMR, optimize and resim with the optimized setup you would see a huge drop in DPS and large changes in stat weights.
    You generally won't see major changes that require a change unless you are changing a ton of pieces of gear. As a rule 1 set of weights will work to optimize close enough that any 1 piece of gear won't change much.

So what I do is I use current weights->optimize on AMR (changing Thoks trinket to Skeers)->Export to sim-c, copy/paste and deleting old gear except thoks, delete Skeers from AMR import->sim->update stat weights on AMR->optimize.

There are some new tools in the pipeline for WoD that'll make gear comparison easier...

(Currently not really working)

But eventually it will automate swapping out gear, so you could feasibly dump a boatload of items into the gear configuration (Or maybe it'll auto-generate it), and then will run a bunch of simulations with every possible combination and show you which set of gear is best.

Also, there will be some type of rotation automation as well, which you can read about here:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...c6447a#p718668

It'll also do talents, glyphs, races, etc. It'll be interesting whenever they get it running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Collision baby can u just write a program to play wow for me too so i can go to sleep earlier?

damn im shit at talking dirty i need jalopy for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Great guide, I still recommend folks utilize this.

Deleted
    Is it still relevant?
    If so thank you for bumping it, I was looking for something like this.

Edit:

Just tried it out and it seems the instructions are quite general
    so it definitely still works. Thank you for bumping it!
    Last edited by mmoc1ffcb8ba53; 2015-07-27 at 08:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No problem. Yes--completely relevant, as little to do with SimCraft's user experience has changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy mega bump. But ye it still works fine, you just don't use AMR since hit/expertise is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    While we are looking at it, how does the automation actually work now?

i wish everyone would see this post. it is amazing lol

Quote Originally Posted by meshog1 View Post
    i wish everyone would see this post. it is amazing lol
    There are some really good follow up posts in the first few pages as well, though I've been thinking about rewriting a new guide, since a lot of the info (on reforging) is no longer relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    There are some really good follow up posts in the first few pages as well, though I've been thinking about rewriting a new guide, since a lot of the info (on reforging) is no longer relevant.
    +1 do it. I'm too lazy/busy to rewrite ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    +1 do it. I'm too lazy/busy to rewrite ATM.
    Well I've been thinking about it for like a year now so...