Leatherworking Research

Is there a way to power research all of the crafted malevolent gear?
    Or a quicker way to learn the 553 leg recipes?

10+ Year Old Account
    2/day. Magnificence of leather/scales + Hardened Magnificent hide.

Dang :/.
    They should make it so that if you make accelerated Hardened Magnificent hide you also do research...

Leatherworking is the absolute worst profession for learning all the new patterns. Did it on 2 characters for some insane reason. Sooooo many patterns to learn.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Leatherworking is the absolute worst profession for learning all the new patterns. Did it on 2 characters for some insane reason. Sooooo many patterns to learn.
    At least you don't have to get rare drops to learn them, inscription requires rare drops. I have killed a certain rare on Timeless more times than I can count and no drop.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    At least you don't have to get rare drops to learn them, inscription requires rare drops. I have killed a certain rare on Timeless more times than I can count and no drop.
    Every profession maxed across my single server, so I feel your pain about rare drops.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Not sure if I understand the complaints: Patterns do take extra long to research, but that length is for everybody who has the Profession: The competitors Leatherworkers require just as long, and for Inscription everyone has to pay 30 000Gold for Pattern, not just you.

Unless you are on my Server where I sell Glyph of the Skeleton for roughly the materials cost, then your complains would be valid.

OT: Patience is a virtue and eventually you get all the patterns if you do the research every 2 days, no need to speed that up.
    "Your complaint is not valid because the underlying system is logical."

Vulcan called. They invalidated your feelings with logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    I agree with this. Compared to imperial/celestial cloth, alchemy transmutes, BS lightning/trillium, or any of my other professions, LW has definitely been the most frustrating. I've been doing the research (both magnif and hardened) every day for 46 days and still haven't discovered the leather healing 553s for my resto druid.

A battle.net thread on this subject has the breakdown of materials and time necessary for tailoring vs. leatherworking, and the poster's suggestion was to split mail and leather (or give you the option of which you want to learn), since LW takes 2x as long as tailoring. I think it's a viable solution.

(The difference between the RNG of discovery and the "kill x rare" for inscription doesn't make sense to me... can't you can camp a rare 24/7 if you like? But you are limited to 2 patterns every day?)

There's a reason the 553 leather/mail 553 stuff sells for literally 3x the price of any plate/cloth pieces. Sure, it takes more time invested, but the profits are much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by love45acp View Post

(The difference between the RNG of discovery and the "kill x rare" for inscription doesn't make sense to me... can't you can camp a rare 24/7 if you like? But you are limited to 2 patterns every day?)
    Having done a LW for both horde and alliance I have discovered the majority of patterns, that rare drop issue with inscription is like this, the rare CAN drop it... its kind of like hunting down that damn book for my lock on Thunder Isle... the drop rate doesn't increase just because I do it all the time... its a flat chance.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

The LW research has been the equivalent of the JC daily in Wrath and Cata. The gating was huge for gold making. Was disappointed that there was no new PVP gear for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    There's a reason the 553 leather/mail 553 stuff sells for literally 3x the price of any plate/cloth pieces. Sure, it takes more time invested, but the profits are much higher.
    The high cost for the daily cd also seems to be a bit of a deterrent too, so the AH isn't as flooded with them. Though I will say the 120g cost of Spirit of War has had the opposite effect and normalized the value of the daily cd. On this server that's about the amount of profit I make from a 553 LW belt is right around 21x Spirit of War because sometimes players clean out the AH and pump them out.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-04-19 at 10:46 PM.

I finished BS before LW (still working on it) even though I started with LW before I started with BS.

The worst part of the LW patterns is the amount of leather that is needed to get a single pattern, I had a ton thanks to the farm + warbringers but it is never enough blacksmith on the other hand has been a cake.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I finished BS before LW (still working on it) even though I started with LW before I started with BS.

The worst part of the LW patterns is the amount of leather that is needed to get a single pattern, I had a ton thanks to the farm + warbringers but it is never enough blacksmith on the other hand has been a cake.
    That's really not too surprising considering that more classes and specs use Leather than Tailoring+Blacksmithing combined.

LW

1. Feral Druid
    2. Guardian Druid
    3. Restoration Druid
    4. Balance Druid
    5. Brewmaster Monk
    6. Windwalker Monk
    7. Mistweaver Monk
    8. Elemental Shaman
    9. Restoration Shaman
    10. Enhancement Shaman
    11. Rogues
    12. Hunters
    13. Generic AGI leather
    14. Generic INT leather
    15. Generic AGI Mail
    16. Generic INT Mail

BS

1. Protection Warrior
    2. DPS Warrior
    3. Blood Death Knight
    4. DPS Death Knight
    5. Protection Paladin
    6. Holy Paladin
    7. Retribution Paladin
    8. Generic STR plate
    9. Generic INT plate

Tailoring

1. Mage
    2. Warlock
    3. Shadow Priest
    4. Healing Priest
    5. Generic DPS cloth
    6. Generic Healing cloth

Class specific stuff is mentioned due to PvP sets.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Omg this so much. I killed Rattleskew at least 3 times a day every day trying to get the glyph technique he drops and I finally got it about 2 weeks ago thats 6months of farming