Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Theoretically, Mastery will overtake Agility/BA for AP gainage, once you reach a certain amount of AP.
    Only if mastery is a bad stat that we don't stack. More mastery makes agi/BA worth more AP in the exact same way more agi/BA makes mastery worth more AP. Regardless, Agi is worth about 3x as much AP as mastery right now, so unless we go crazy on agi while managing to avoid mastery in heroic fashion, they'll never be close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Only if mastery is a bad stat that we don't stack. More mastery makes agi/BA worth more AP in the exact same way more agi/BA makes mastery worth more AP. Regardless, Agi is worth about 3x as much AP as mastery right now, so unless we go crazy on agi while managing to avoid mastery in heroic fashion, they'll never be close.
    While more mastery does make the value of AP rise, it does it slowly. A 10% rise in AP will increase the value of mastery by a much greater amount then what a 10% rise in mastery rating would do to AP. And given the double sources of AP (Agi AND bonus armor), this increases the rate at which the value of Mastery will rise.

As an example, if you double your amount of AP, you also double the dps value of mastery. If you double your mastery rating, you will NOT double the dps value of AP, nor would you be anywhere near close to doubling it.

If this expansion has a 3rd tier, Mastery would most likely overtake Agi/BA in terms of AP per stat budget point. I'm fairly certain a theorycrafter could draw up a graph showing us at exactly which points Mastery would overtake Agi/BA for AP gainage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I haven't been able to look at anything on beta, but just looking at the general trend of simcraft (I know, terrible, yadda yadda), it has us at the bottom of tank dps doing about 30-40% less than warriors/pallies. I know there's always going to be some variance but that seems pretty far off and I thought our simcraft module was done.

Is this just simcraft being super wrong (which I am inclined to lean toward) or is our DPS balanced that far off? Again, I'm aware simcraft has its faults, but I'm more just curious if our DPS, in reality, is roughly in line with other tanks or is that chasm between DK/Brew/Guard and Warr/Pally really that large?

I thought our simcraft module was done.
    Just because the module is "done" doesn't mean the APL is finished. The Guardian APL isn't 100% ready yet, and doesn't use some things that some of the other tank APLs use, at least in the default APL (set bonuses are the big one here).

Is this just simcraft being super wrong
    Yes.