Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I always see people complaining about not having heirlooms in pvp but I never actually see any of those problems.
    The blue gear from dungeons is usually on par or sometimes better than heirlooms most of the time.
    Yeah, if you can get them all. But also, anyone and everyone enchants their heirlooms. My daggers at level 40 have windsong, and literally every thing I fight, pops me 56 haste, crit, or both.

And 56 is huuuuge for level 40 that's more than all my gear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    So more complaining that the easy stuff is still easy, but no attempt is made to do the hard stuff?

/sigh

Really, is anyone suprised? That's like completing a game on Casual setting then saying the game is too easy.
    One. You've compared leveling to end game. Two different things. Show me where I can find hard-mode leveling. Please.

Also, see how there it says IMPRESSIONS?

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    You think heirlooms are bad? You should check out the 82+ bracket where u can get ilvl400+ gear. 425 weapon @ 82 on most classes make them just obnoxious, throw in a few more items with the same ilvl....
    Dude that bracket is so awesome, so much fun.

Most of the things you mention are not at all different from the time when you quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I'm glad what you said is subjective cause y'know, I completely disagree with you.
    There is only one truth.

Mine.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Thank you for expressing your opinions on MMO-C (and pretending you've come back to the game after 2 years, c'mon, be honest). They are of course, opinions, and will be treated as such: Will I counter with my own opinions? I don't have much time but sure.

Leveling was never hard. NEVER. I don't know where this belief has come from that it ever was, because it pure and simply wasn't. It was tedious. It greatly mattered what class you played. Hunters? Warlocks? Pop mob after mob with little to no downtime. Warrior? Good luck if didn't have a rich main who could buy your gear. The quests were always go to X and see Y or collect 10 of Y and turn them into X. We have a lot more diversity in our quests today, starting in TBC.
    But was leveling some kind of epic, testing journey back then? Don't make me laugh. It was more idiot-proof sure, but harder, it was not.

Your point about heirlooms is null and void considering what twinks were like back in the old days. Sadly "twinking" is more accessible now. Just twink YOURSELF out, it's easy, and go join them...

Lol dungeons. The very nature of how dungeons function in the end-game sense has changed. What's more, MOP dungeon bosses are harder than TBC/Vanilla ones - the trash is just far less deadly. And back then, the dungeons just went on for hours and were often badly tuned (5 mans needing a small raid for instance, with gimped classes in gimped roles). Nothing exactly spectacular.

It's funny but in MOP questing I found myself requiring a full rotation to bring stuff down. Don't remenber doing that in TBC when I started...I was a mage. I just spammed frostbolt. Nothing else was effective. Only twinks could run fire, and arcane was garbage. Great stuff.

I don't see why you decided to make a long ranting thread on how much harder stuff was "back then". I completely disagree that it was. Not saying it's hard today, it isn't really, but those nostalgia goggles need to come off.

^

As said above, most of it are not different at all from when you quit. Pretty much after the BC expansion the popularity of the game went downhill. You should try other games in the mean time until the next expansion comes out by end of this year. We'll see if one year of developing an expansion will be anything good.