[PvP] Keybind Layout

Hello there! I just decided to start playing my rogue again (My main is an Elemental Shaman) About 1.8k exp.

I have a few questions, but mainly its about keybinds, I want to make an optimized keybind / macro layout, optimized for 2s and 3s

Here is a screen shot of my current keybinds, those I would prefer to use
    - http://i.imgur.com/Un0q35z.jpg

I usually have my main attack spells on "Q,E,F,C,R" as those are closest to my movement keys (Strafe with A and D)

The thing is, with rogues comes the stealth bar, and I am kinda unsure how I should set it up to work perfectly. I do understand that I cant just copy somone else's keybinds, but I just want a general idea on what to go for!

Second, what macros should I use when it comes to different arena targets etc. I see some classes like mages etc uses a counterspell macro for each arena target, aswell as focus. Are there any macros I should make for that?

I used to have a razer naga and I used the 123 on the mouse for arena targets, but right now im using a SS Sensei, wich only has 2.

------------------------------

Now, kinda off-topic. What rogue specs are used these days? Last time I played rogue, everyone was sub, but now days I see both combat and assasin rogues. As stated abow in the post, im mainly aiming for 2s and 3s.

Ok, last question now! What comps are top rogues in? I kinda have a shortage of friends right now, and I do generally prefer to play with people I know. And its between a mage, resto druid and a holy paladin :P Are any of those viable for 2s?

TL;DR: What rogue specs are viable, and what comps are best ?

Any help will be appreciated!

- Warex

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really want to be hardcore, you'll get the macros that target arena members specifically like blind arena opponent 1/2/3 etc. Since i'm lazy and just prefer focus macros, I go with:
    /Show Tooltip Blind
    /Cast [focus=target] Blind

/Show Tooltip Gouge
    /Cast [target=focus] Gouge

I'm not up to date on the latest rogue abilities, but that's all you really need to use focus wise, maybe shadowstep if you want, but it's all up to you. You can also make it so you have keybinds to target certain arena opponents, then you wouldn't need focus targets. It's all up to you... IMO, unless you want to push for gladiator, there's really no reason to over do it and stress yourself out by learning new techniques.

As far as comps go, there's always RMP, there was kitty cleave, but I don't know how that fairs. Just search up the highest rated 3s comps w/ a rogue in them and you should get a fairly good idea of what the best rogues are using.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    If you really want to be hardcore, you'll get the macros that target arena members specifically like blind arena opponent 1/2/3 etc. Since i'm lazy and just prefer focus macros, I go with:
    /Show Tooltip Blind
    /Cast [focus=target] Blind

/Show Tooltip Gouge
    /Cast [target=focus] Gouge

I'm not up to date on the latest rogue abilities, but that's all you really need to use focus wise, maybe shadowstep if you want, but it's all up to you. You can also make it so you have keybinds to target certain arena opponents, then you wouldn't need focus targets. It's all up to you... IMO, unless you want to push for gladiator, there's really no reason to over do it and stress yourself out by learning new techniques.

As far as comps go, there's always RMP, there was kitty cleave, but I don't know how that fairs. Just search up the highest rated 3s comps w/ a rogue in them and you should get a fairly good idea of what the best rogues are using.
    Hi! I appreicate the feedback! I do understand its not required. Im not going to play wow that MUCH, but I want to make the best out of it. My hope is to one day be able to play a few hours a day and still be able to reach 2.2k+ Hence why I wanna learn good habbits

10+ Year Old Account
    Tukui is a good starting point. Get rid of the standard UI. That is the best thing you can do. Then worry about your keybinds.

Edited out most of my post on key-bind section since the below post explains better. Since you will need 40+ buttons bound easily, get used to shift modifiers, and scroll wheel buttons. I use t/f/g/x/y and there shift forms also. You will need to get creative but don't be afraid try new binds that seem weird, as long as they are not stretching your hand too much/too awkward your body will get used to it

With that said, I was 2300 ruthless season and that was close to glad range on KT. Not using any macros for arena1,2,3, or target/focus macros. I highly recommend to get used to them, they make your gameplay more consistent, and allows you to do more damage because you won't spend 1-3 seconds targeting around clicking. It makes a difference.

Tildr: just play the game for a feel for what you want. But recommend watching below video and getting used to area1.2.3 macros
    Last edited by lifteez; 2014-04-20 at 09:18 PM. Reason: The below post is amazing guide, and answers the part about key binds well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread. . ./places tinfoil hat squarely on head. . .Ah, yes. I see now. . . /tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

10+ Year Old Account
    You can check this video to have a basis, he will probably cover everything you might need...
    edit: It's from a non famous guy that usually posts in Arena Junkies.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2014-04-20 at 06:01 PM.