Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    This didn't bother me until

Shadowfiend no longer restores mana
    Now thats a slapper. Hymn and Shadowfiend regen both are gone. If I'm hurting for mana I have to drink the red koolaid to regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    If I'm hurting for mana I have to drink the red koolaid to regen.
    If you hurt for mana it's because you're doing things wrong. That's the point of mana management.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You have obviously 1) 0 experience playing a holy paladin 2) done 0 research regarding what it takes to generate 3 holy power 3) what other (far more efficient and effective) spells we can cast with 3 holy power.

Not saying that red chakra active mana regen isn't terrible, but thinking that you have the shortest end of the stick when reality is far from it is poor form and pure ignorance.

If you play with selfless healer you can generate 3 holy power with very little mana spent. You can than chain cast the new DP for a net gain of mana. Meaning you can forever cast. Will it cost you through put? Yes. Will it be worth it if your never out of mana? Probably.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    If you play with selfless healer you can generate 3 holy power with very little mana spent. You can than chain cast the new DP for a net gain of mana. Meaning you can forever cast. Will it cost you through put? Yes. Will it be worth it if your never out of mana? Probably.
    Selfless Healer doesn't generate Holy Power through Judgement@ alpha server(check patch notes, and even if it did judgement costs 2.4% of total mana so not that little eh?).

To generate 3 Holy Power with as little mana spent as possible you need to Holy Shock(6 sec cd). This still costs 15.5% base mana per cast(3.1% total mana) so 9.3% mana in total. Divine Plea returns 4.5% mana.

If you're telling me its worth giving away 3 Holy Power that takes so much to build up for 4.5% mana, I have a bridge to sell to you on the Moon. To get a good feeling about how much 3 Holy Power is actually worth, the healing of Light of Dawn(3HP) currently(on the alpha server) equals the healing of Holy Radiance(10% of total mana). This isn't even taking into account stuff like gcds, heals needed now rather then later and so on that make turning 3 Holy Power into mana never actually an option, even if its buffed considerably.

Bottom line, to stop the paladin conversation on the priest forum. Your active mana regeneration is good. Much better then ours. You might not like it because you don't like damaging as a healer or whatever. Stuff is how is. Move on.
    Last edited by mmoc5ef3a4fb0f; 2014-04-20 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    PW Solace is now showing as healing 150% of damage done.
    That's very interesting.

Lightwell Syndrome
    - Fixation on maintaining a mechanic that noone really thinks is working, yet sticks around for several expansions.
    Great term, Jhazrun, and thank you all for referencing the Icy Veins interview with him. I had missed that.

--

I agree that Blizzard needs to make up their minds on what Chakra should be. The lightwell syndrome is either a sign of lazyness or incompetence, and I'm honestly not sure which is worse. We're told to wait for the next expansion before significant chakra changes can be done, and yet when the expansion comes, the change is so minor it could easily be added to a minor patch. There is a term for the appropriate reaction to such events: flatwhat.

As for red chakra being the offensive and regen stance of holy - that could work if we didn't ... you know... permanently lose 10% healing whenever we needed extra mana. Which is like all the time, if history is any lesson. I must admit I would seriously hate it if I was forced to actually use this mechanic in a raid. And I don't see how I can avoid just that.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    As for red chakra being the offensive and regen stance of holy - that could work if we didn't ... you know... permanently lose 10% healing whenever we needed extra mana. Which is like all the time, if history is any lesson. I must admit I would seriously hate it if I was forced to actually use this mechanic in a raid. And I don't see how I can avoid just that.
    Though free Smites procing free instant Flash Heals during low healing triage may be better than just trying to Renew or Heal in Serenity during that same phase. Or do it when the boss is below 35% to have 15% increased healing and damage. But the best interaction might be with Saving Grace, doing damage until there's an emergency and then burst heal. Clearly a Holy Priest in chastise chakra is not healing as much, but that may be fine if the flexible raid size is at an odd number were the boss health has scaled up but another 100% healer isn't needed. It is utility.

Utility like that is great. I love spending LFRs in red chakra and smite my way to victory, only healing when the big ouch ability hits. As a half-healer, that's how holy can shine, and I very much enjoy that position. Point is, in this mode, I hardly use mana at all, and any regen added is pretty useless. I even mostly regear to crit/haste items in those runs. Makes my DPS pretty neat!

However, I'm worried about all healers being balanced around using active manaregen. If that's not the case, why add the option? So I conclude that this is what will happen. Do you really want to have to switch to red chakra every two minutes and smite your eyes out in every lull just to be able to keep up during the pressure phases? I don't really like that kind of active mana management, which is why I would never pick Solace as a talent. But even Solace doesn't lock you in a chakra stance for a prolonged period of time.

I do read on Celestalon's Twitter that they are considering replacing the 10% healing buffs with something else (no promises), and I seriously hope they do.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    As for red chakra being the offensive and regen stance of holy - that could work if we didn't ... you know... permanently lose 10% healing whenever we needed extra mana.
    This is a non-issue though in the new model. Discipline loses one of its most potent healing spells (which now also reduces Weakened Soul) in order to gain mana while Druids can't even do anything. The Paladin active regen looks terrible and Shaman will deal substantially less damage. The Monk ability is particularly cruel as an incomplete channel yields nothing, even if the cast reaches 3.9 seconds completed.

The Holy Priest mechanic actually looks interesting as not only do you gain mana but baseline damage is increased. As much as people are complaining about active regeneration, this is the new model - just as Discipline priests are sucking up losing DPS to heal and blanket shielding, Holy Priest will need to adapt by weaving DPS or by gearing more Spirit.

Deleted
    I'll add that holy priests' active regen synergise quite well with the classe's mecanics and some talents. If simting in red can still trigger fdcl procs that also contribute to serendipity afterwards, then i'll say its not that bad.

I don't know if other classes also synergise with active mana regen though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmorcel View Post
    I'll add that holy priests' active regen synergise quite well with the classe's mecanics and some talents. If simting in red can still trigger fdcl procs that also contribute to serendipity afterwards, then i'll say its not that bad.

I don't know if other classes also synergise with active mana regen though.
    At the moment, FDCL looks like it can still proc Flash Heal charges from Smite so Holy receives that pretty nice synergy. At a more basic level, there is also the innate damage increase that comes with sitting in Chakra: Chastise. There is the negative of a healing decrease associated with being in Chakra: Chastise but the benefits of heavier damage and FDCL seem nice.

Discipline still has Train of Thought which will allow for more Penance casts but this comes at the expense of mana. Still, that counts as some aspect of synergy for dealing with very inconsequential damage patterns. However, Discipline loses their strongest direct heal and one of the mechanisms they have been granted for reducing Power Word: Shield.

The Priest active regeneration mechanics are pretty nice. Discipline's requires an intelligent choice and rewards good prediction and there is some synergy for low damage patterns. Holy's forces no healing to be cast and slightly decreases maximum potential healing (only by 10% mind you, a value that is apparently inconsequential when discussing Saving Grace) but provides a higher amount of damage and, if FDCL is being used, allows for potentially storying Flash Heal.

The other classes don't really seem to have such nice interplays. Monks basically have a Potion of Concentration with a shorter duration while Druids have a Potion of Concentration that is more mobile. The latter could have some interplay with Dream of Cenarius. The shaman ability looks to be a simpler version of Holy's mechanic that is less interesting and lower damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Did you use Telluric Currents on Madness? It was the best thing ever when the tentacle was taking like 100% more damage or whatever.
    I did, yes, on my Restoration Shaman alt. I found this old post about Telluric Currents in Cata.

Keep in mind tho.

1) The mana return was based on amount of damage ("Your attunement to natural energies causes your Lightning Bolt spell to restore mana equal to 40% of damage dealt.")
    2) There is no mana return based on damage anymore. It is all % based on your max mana, which is static.
    3) Boss damage taken increase debuffs still exist. They scale well with healing based on damage such as Atonement, Vampiric Embrace, and Ancestral Guidance. Fights like Halfus, Elegon, and Horridon had this debuff mechanic. If they are also part of execute (likely) they also work well with Twist of Fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Luckily for all those out there that hate chakra with a passion the devs are already considering some alternative design of chakras instead of the 10% boost. Single target one keeps the renew refresh and aoe one get a new perk where circle of healing cd gets reduced by 1 sec for each spell cast, baseline coh cd gets bumped though to 12 sec up from 10.
    If this is a thing then I'd be so happy. My main problem with the current alpha regen model is having to be gimped should the tank/raid get trucked due to something unexpected just after I swap to red to regen. 10% less healing isn't *that* big of a reduction but it just "feels" crappy to be in the wrong chakra if something you can't prepare for happens.

If that change does go ahead then I'd be pretty content with this regen model really. I prefer the shaman version as you can just weave a single LB in between casts without any messing around swapping chakras but its not too terrible right now really.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather get an extra PoM charge in Sanctuary Chakra than a reduced CD on CoH, which we already have

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    I'd rather get an extra PoM charge in Sanctuary Chakra than a reduced CD on CoH, which we already have
    CoH will no longer have a base CD reduction, rather it would reduce the CD when you cast healing spells.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    CoH will no longer have a base CD reduction, rather it would reduce the CD when you cast healing spells.
    That's not really appealing to me. Well, its not that different from the flat cd reduction and it's certainly better if we don't get the -10% efficiency but still, the perk seems kind of dull. Yellow chakkra allows us to focus on a totally different gameplay (renew refreshing) whereas the sanctuary chakkra doesn't give us that kind of synergy. I really hoped they would have made the 16 bonus baseline at least.

Anyway, the removal of the chakkra -% is still something I guess.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    LB cast time: 2.5s

Smite cast time: 1.5s
    Holy Fire: instant

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I have to say that doesn't feel like a better bonus if they upp the CoH CD by 4s and let us "earn" it by casting 4 heals. Chakras needs more perking than that to be meaningful, and perking spells could be a much bigger "bonus" than the current 10% if they are not careful aswell. Very tricky!

I feel since we appearantly will want to use our whole toolkit at all times in WoD; casting FH/GH/Renews in Sanc and vice versa and on top of that change to dps stance and dps, the button bloat wasnt noticable for us at all. We will have to juggle a quite big number of spells and stances to do our job. Perhaps we would be better off without Chakras.

Still I have to say I would be very pleased if the restrictions would be removed so we actually can use all our healingtools at any time

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmorcel View Post
    That's not really appealing to me. Well, its not that different from the flat cd reduction and it's certainly better if we don't get the -10% efficiency but still, the perk seems kind of dull. Yellow chakkra allows us to focus on a totally different gameplay (renew refreshing) whereas the sanctuary chakkra doesn't give us that kind of synergy. I really hoped they would have made the 16 bonus baseline at least.

Anyway, the removal of the chakkra -% is still something I guess.
    Yeah Celestalon said it was something they were tossing around because the CD reduction to CoH is not as meaningful as the Renew refresh. Knowing them they won't even remove the "penalty" to each stance.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a Chakra change that looks something like this:

Chakra: Serenity - Increases the critical strike chance of your healing and damage spells by 10%, and your Single target heals and Level 90 talent refreshes Renew on the target. You obtain the same HW: Serenity.

Chakra: Sanctuary - Increases your mastery by 10% and you have a 15% chance upon casting your level 90 talent to have its cooldown reduced by 20%. Same HW: Sanctuary.

Chakra: Chastise - Increases damage by 50%, multistrike chance by 10% and your smite has a 10% chance to instantly Flash Heal an injured friendly player within 40yd of the target. Same HW: Chastise.