15+ Year Old Account

My Enh shaman pvp tips

So I've been gearing up for pvp as enh and I'm actually quite loving it. Here's my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...f/Wokka/simple. Are there any builds that are specific to a certain play? I'm sure gear is an issue, but I feel like enh shammies are glass cannons. Do I need any talents and glyphs switched out that would be better than what i have currently?

Also, is there a specific strat that works best? I know with ret's they're huge on utility, so I usually play more as support than I do dps as one in pvp. And as far as reforging/gemming, is it agi>mast>haste/crit?

Thanks.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Deleted
    Hey!

We are quite fragile yes, atleast against other melee, where it is highly important to kite.
    First of all, switch from unleashed fury to elemental blast, great burst potential and synergy together with ascendence and stormblast.
    Glyph of flame shock is worthless, it gets dispelled/doesn't do enough dmg for the heals to matter. Your glyphs will change completely depending what you're facing. Versus casters Glyph of sham rage is a good choice to get rid of cc/dots, versus melee, not so good.
    Healing storm should always be in if you ask me, the heals are priceless!
    Lightning shield glyph is great, 10% less dmg.
    Glyph of hex is great.
    Sprint glyph can be good, mostly if you use Frozen power and end up facing a mage.
    Glyph of purging can be valuable, especially against mage/priest.
    Feral Spirit glyph versus bursty teams that you know will end in 2 minutes time at most.

So in short, depends what setup you're facing (in arena). In BGs I personally use sham rage, healing storm and sprint, just to make me harder to cc and be more mobile.
    In RBGs, not sure what I would run, have only played that on my DK!

Good luck in your future PvP'ing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not gonna go into the specifics but for all around baseline pvp. Always subject to change with comps/situations:

Glyphs worth mentioning:
    Glyph of sham rage
    Glyph of healing storm
    Glyph of lightning shield
    Glyph of hex
    Glyph of purge

Talents:
    Tier 1:all are good
    Tier 2: Frozen power/windwalk Personally I always take windwalk; the AOE snare/root removal is to good
    Tier 3: Call of elements- 2 tremor, 2 healing stream, 2 windwalk, 2 stone bulwark, 2 earthbrind/earthgrab, 2 grounding, 2 capacitor.
    Tier 4: All are good: elemental mastery for a bursty build, ancestral for constant damage, Echo is for more heals
    Tier 5: Ancestral guidance: good healing cooldown, other two dont really work for pvp
    Tier 6: All are good: Unleash elements can be used for constant damage as well as a good sort of defensive stance with rockbiter imbune. Elemental blast gives a good bust for your maelstrom, we all know lightning bolt hits for crap. Primal elementalist is best in terms of burst damage. earth elemental aslo has a stun, which is always good

Gear: all pvp gear is best

Stats: after hit/expertise cap agility> mastery> haste=crit. Ive seen many top shamans go for crit over haste. Crit give you a more bursty build, haste gives you constant damage and more maelstrom procs.

Strategy in a nutshell:hex, purge,toss totems for support, auto attack, offheal, pop CDs accordingly

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...man-guide-547/ for the specifics

From what I've heard (haven't played for years):
    talents: pretty much what seasawlol said
    t1: Nature's Guardian (if you eat a lot of damage/get focused much, which is often the case) > Stone Bulwark (can be destroyed and messes with other earth totems, mostly earthbind/grab) > Astral Shift (a little more protection than SR on a little longer cd, but very short duration => not good as an last minute life saver, like NG, and not as much absorb as SBT, if it runs its full course (I believe).
    t2: General concensus seems to be WWT, as snares do half the job of roots already, but snare breaks are very limited.
    t3: nothing to add, CotE, easily. taking projection just because of CPT, or persistance to be able to combine EGT and SBT doesn't cut it.
    t4: AS can be macroed for Hex and is the usual choice (cant be done in WoD anymore, though). EM can be dispelled, I believe. If your enemies are skilled enough to do that, it will be a frustrating talent. EotE will be the go-to talent in WoD, while atm, it is rng based extra damage/heal with msw. EB can become very dangerous with this, if lucky.
    t5: No brainer, AG
    t6: EB for burst. Imbue dancing for FB/RB is gcd intense and doesn't net big rewards, either. PE is less burst than long duration sustained. I think combining an EB(with SS debuff and UE:FT) with a SS/SB combo and 5stack ll nets better kill chances than blowing all cooldowns and dealing lots of damage with ascendence and EM over a longer period of time (though I guess that'd work too)

Glyphs are almost set in stone: Healing Storm and Lightning Shield are pretty much mandatory. GW would be mandatory if we could afford it (but we cant). The 3rd slot is basically customizing for opponents, LS can only be optional if your allies provide you with so much healing that you rarely ever die even without it, or are less of a focus target. HS can only be passed on if your whole group tends to take few damage (very unlikely). If you are no focus target, you can still heal your allies, so it's hard to pass up.

A glyph option I'd add to above list would be Spirit Walk. It's a 45sec cd when glyphed, which combined with WWT should help with lack of mobility a little.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-04-23 at 06:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

15+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate and thank you all for the tips and suggestions. I had reforged the critical on my weapons for haste. Should I revert those changes, or keep it? As far as lb, it's damage is definitely pretty weak for it being my go to spell for mw procs, but I do like the weapon procs I get from unleashed elements as well...I'll definitely try elemental blast though. And it's fb main hand ft off hand for pvp right? Or should I switch to wf for mh for extra dmg?
    Last edited by raziel083; 2014-04-24 at 01:16 PM.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

Wf/ft, like in pve. There's so much damage linked with ft, that fb doesn't cut it. the new pvp set bonus (ft snares enemies on hit) makes fb even more useless. The UF:FB sprint is the only interesting part about FB atm, and not enough.
    Also EB is by far the most popular 90 talent right now, because it benefits from Stormstrike/blast debuff and UE:FT (another reason to pick ft over fb) and is able to hit for more than Stormstrike/blast or Lava Lash, not mentioning the following buff effect.
    Wf is a precious source of msw charges, which are needed for both EB, but also instant hexes and heals. Giving that up for fb would be a huge loss, even outside of raw damage.

I believe atm mastery to be the strongest secondary stat, because it boosts Stormblast, Elemental Blast and Lava Lash damage, not mentioning FET and other dmg sources. Haste requires a lot uptime to have its full use, and with EB having a cd and enh often sitting on msw charges for crucial hexes, msw isn't made as much use out of as to fully benefit from going for haste.
    Haste is likely a better stat than crit though (I could be wrong on that one).
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-04-24 at 01:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

15+ Year Old Account
    @omanley, well, thanks for the elaboration on fb vs wf as well as eb. That makes sense with getting more mw procs with wf up. And as far as saying mastery instead of haste reforging, it's because mastery is already on the weapons. So it's either I reforge some crit for added haste, or I keep weapons as is and keep the full crit. I wasn't sure what I'd benefit more from. Either way, thanks for the clear ups. I'll be making some changes when I log back on. Surely getting more mw procs off of the wf imbue will help a lot better. I forgot about that little tidbit.

This is the first time I picked up my shaman since vanilla back when we used a 2her with wf up lol. So a lot of the stuff is pretty knew to me.