Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Marrowgar doesn't bone spike if there's 2 people (or at least not if both stack in front of him to be cleaved). This may have been changed, or may have been as I was taking cleave hits, not sure. As for Deathwhisper, you can 2 man her on normal, nowadays dps is high enough to get her before mind control if you just tunnel her from start to finish.
    Marrowgar will always bone spike. The only thing worth noting is that he won't bone spike his main target. On heroic, however, he does not target anything during his bone storm and, as such, everyone is an eligible target.

That said, if we're talking strictly normal or pre-bone storm heroic, then, yeah, standing in front of the boss MIGHT make a difference. I don't know that Marrowgar actually has a cleave, but he definitely drops fire in front of him, which may serve the same purpose.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, can't remember if he bonestormed, but when he cast bone spike (pre storm) it didn't hit either me or the paladin.

I 2 man it with a ret paladin as a MW monk, i'm half heroic geared and he's full normal; It's not really that big a problem anywhere as there's ways to bypass a lot of the mechanics (e.g. on LK if every player has an add (or the boss) hitting them, nobody will get picked up by the valkyrs). I guess if you're having trouble with dps on deathwhisper that may be an issue, but then you could just solo it (if you're the right class).

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Maybe, can't remember if he bonestormed, but when he cast bone spike (pre storm) it didn't hit either me or the paladin.
    I just checked WoWhead for confirmation and, yup, Marrowgar has a saberlash-style cleave that hits the 2 closest targets to the tank. I guess I forgot that we had tanks stacked up on this fight back in the day :P But, yup, that's exactly what's preventing you from getting hit by bone spikes. The effect will disappear on bone storms, but 2 people might be enough to beat that soft-enrage.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwhisper isn't Blood Queen

Frost orbs can be cheesed by standing on the steps to the throne.

You can kill deathwhisper before MC, but you won't do it as 2 unless you're both dps in hc gear. Done it as 3 before and that was tight

You don't need to worry about valkyrs on lich king - just make sure each additional person in the fight holds onto a spirit. As long as you have aggro on a spirit valkyrs will not pick you up. On top of this, frost orbs can be easily cleaved down or 1-2 shot, killed with pets, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot about having a raging spirit attack me, but the valks all want to pick you up, after each one drops you the next picks you up, so I had the paladin move Lich King to the platform edge and after third drop I shadow stepped

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    His only friend is a healer. Spirits will silence him, leaving him no heals.
    You only need to have been attacked once every 60-90 seconds (according to the warlock solo thread, where they do that to avoid being grabbed while void walker is tanking), so he can aggro it then have his friend take it. Helps if he has a taunt to grab it back every now and then too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    His only friend is a healer. Spirits will silence him, leaving him no heals.
    The silence is also not up 100% of the time, it hits for a few seconds and then you have a significant amount of time free. Plan for infests and you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    no.
    i just tried this earlier. deathwhisper mcs both of you
    Protection Warriors can solo Deathwhisper as long as they're abusing second wind and managing adds. because revenge's cooldown resets frequently curse of torpor shouldn't slow you down too much as long as adds can't out-dps second wind's healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb View Post
    You can indeed 2 man all of ICC 25 HC, My DK friend did it with a druid every week for his Shadowmourne farming.
    I regularly cleared ICC25 hc together with my druid buddy (so, moonkin + ele/resto shaman), no prob. Just kill Deathwhisper before she does her mind control stuff.

Then we discovered the 10-man save -> switch to heroic thing. We haven't done anything else but LK25hc every week since then. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Two people will have the DPS, but mechanics can be troublesome. I've had issues with the MCs on Lady Deathwhisper and lack of people to bite on Blood Queen without enough people.

Also really the fights just take obnoxiously long compared to just grabbing one or two more friends.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    no.
    i just tried this earlier. deathwhisper mcs both of you
    My mate and me never had this problem. Could be that we simply zerg her down too quickly :|

10+ Year Old Account
    The DPS requirement on heroic mode is fairly high to prevent mind control. Not sure how much we were doing, maybe 450k and she got us both. Can't remember how close we were to killing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Two people will have the DPS, but mechanics can be troublesome. I've had issues with the MCs on Lady Deathwhisper and lack of people to bite on Blood Queen without enough people.

Also really the fights just take obnoxiously long compared to just grabbing one or two more friends.
    There was an item you could use right before the bite went out on Blood Queen that would summon a pet for you and the pet would always get bitten. Also, immunities will prevent the bite from applying (I always bubbled it when I was soloing 25m heroic on my prot paladin).
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much misinformation in one topic.

You could have and still can.

Clear everything on 10 man normal, go out. Swap to 25 normal, go in. Swap inside to 25 Heroic.

Damn, it's 25 heroic and lich king is there. I did this even last week, so definetely still possible.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work