Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    It now gives you back 1.2% of Base Mana in 9 seconds, might as well ignore it and heal with it. Because 3.1% of Base Mana in 9 seconds was too good previously, compared to around 5% other healers get.

So it's fine everyone, just use it defensively.
    floopa mentioned in a different thread that in a future build the mana cost of Penance has been removed and each damage tick grants 1.1% mana. A 3.3% mana gain seems reasonable given the loss of the healing spell and the lower potential for regen compared with other healers.

Where they are getting this information from I'm not sure but hopefully it is true. A 1.2% mana return is useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    floopa mentioned in a different thread that in a future build the mana cost of Penance has been removed and each damage tick grants 1.1% mana. A 3.3% mana gain seems reasonable given the loss of the healing spell and the lower potential for regen compared with other healers.

Where they are getting this information from I'm not sure but hopefully it is true. A 1.2% mana return is useless.
    Latest build (18179) still shows it has a mana cost (1.8%).
    If it's free, 3% isn't that terrible. But still, in a system where triage matters, turning disc's biggest heal into a mana regen is kind of.. dumb.

Deleted
    Latest build (18179) still shows it has a mana cost (1.8%).
    If it's free, 3% isn't that terrible. But still, in a system where triage matters, turning disc's biggest heal into a mana regen is kind of.. dumb.
    Yes, I am presuming that the reason for the thinking that it will be free comes from the patch notes posted by Blizzard which had a Penance tooltip which had no associated mana cost. I hadn't clocked that when reading the notes previously.

Personally, I like the idea of having to choose between one of our strongest heals and mana regeneration and feel the quicker mana regeneration makes up for losing a direct heal Penance CD.

But still, in a system where triage matters, turning disc's biggest heal into a mana regen is kind of.. dumb.
    That's the point of triage. If there's nothing that you need to heal, the bottom of the triage ToDo list is "regen mana"

I use a mouseover priority macro. If I have a mouseover target (which includes raid frames), Penance goes there. If I don't, it goes to either target (if I have one) or my focus' target. If I need to bring someone up quickly, Penance is the way to do it but I definitely can see myself idly firing it off for free mana regen while I'm watching or waiting for something else to happen. Or for times when boss is being kited or RP is playing or otherwise free dps time.

I don't think Solace is gone, is it? that's regen right there too.

Basically you will use atonement as active mana regen in downtimes.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch