Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Thoks amplification does a lot more then you think and you would lose a lot of stats alone before you even think about how you lose the str proc
    I've been tagging along on my guild's heroic runs but can't get a Thok's to drop. I've got a 4/4 heroic Evil Eye and have been using a 0/4 HWF Fusion Fire core just for the strength proc to get festerblight rolling. Would I be better off using my heroic Skeer's?

Also, I'm pretty sure a normal Thok's Tail would out perform my HWF Fusion Fire core, but what about a flex Tail Tip? Would ditching the HWF fusion fire core for a flex tail tip be optimal? I'm currently trying to farm it on the side while I'm waiting for a heroic tail tip to drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jahoosuphat View Post
    I've been tagging along on my guild's heroic runs but can't get a Thok's to drop. I've got a 4/4 heroic Evil Eye and have been using a 0/4 HWF Fusion Fire core just for the strength proc to get festerblight rolling.
    I had the same problem as you have right know. The problem with Fusion Fire core is that you can have strong opener dots but if you want to reapply them your two trinkets dont line up anymore. So basically you need thok and glakaras trinket for festerblight 2.0. If you look at the trinket rating on elitist jerks http: //forums.elitistjerks.com/page/articles.html/_/world-of-warcraft/death-knight/unholy-dps-54-the-fun-has-been-doubled-r75#Trinkets you can see that you can use flex thoks over hcwf fusion fire core!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghouliciouz View Post
    I had the same problem as you have right know. The problem with Fusion Fire core is that you can have strong opener dots but if you want to reapply them your two trinkets dont line up anymore. So basically you need thok and glakaras trinket for festerblight 2.0. If you look at the trinket rating on elitist jerks http: //forums.elitistjerks.com/page/articles.html/_/world-of-warcraft/death-knight/unholy-dps-54-the-fun-has-been-doubled-r75#Trinkets you can see that you can use flex thoks over hcwf fusion fire core!
    Thanks! Hopefully I can snag one in flex this week to tide me over until a heroic drop finds me.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how is fester blight even supposed to play out. I've just recently been getting back into my dK and understand the philosophy and math of festerblight. But how does it play. Just spam our disease time+?
    Last edited by Huckfealing; 2014-07-09 at 10:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckfealing View Post
    So how is fester blight even supposed to play out. I've just recently been getting back into my dK and understand the philosophy and math of fester light. But how does it play. Just spam our disease time+?
    Just read Vereesa's Post on the first page! He explained it in detail

10+ Year Old Account
    Should of elaborated. According to EJ Festerblight is no longer viable due to dots not snapshotting anymore, rather, disease play is for the best where you just refresh the diseases when you have optimal buffs up. So lets say I put my BP/FF up when I have full buffs, great and dandy. But once those buffs go away do the diseases not scale back down?

Diseases still snapshot on live, they won't in wod.

I think the biggest problem I'm having grasping this is when to and when not to spend Death runes on FeS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    You'll generally not need to use very many death runes on FeS. And when you do, it should be when you have very little procced so as to not waste proc DPS on it.
    ^^ This sums it up

Quote Originally Posted by Araho View Post
    I think the biggest problem I'm having grasping this is when to and when not to spend Death runes on FeS.
    Extend the duration of your DoTs until a point where you think they will fall off as the boss dies (i know that's not easy at first, but you'll get used to the lengths of fights). I'd also say if your trinkets are up do not waste your death runes on FeS, at that point as long as your DoTs are not going to fall off, spend your death only on SS (and SR if boss is below 35%). Hope that helps
    Last edited by scabobos; 2014-07-10 at 02:42 PM.