Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    100% AA uptime seems like it could actually be really quite neat. I'd love to hear feedback on it!

Deleted
    Borrowed time increases haste from all sources. I think this is important. That means any haste buff you get is 40% bigger. I.e. a 5% haste buff will now give 7% haste to disc under borrowed time. If you cast PWS frequently that might make haste a very powerfull stat for disc. Since haste works nicely with holy nova, and spirit shell, that might make having a certain amount of haste a strong advantage for disc. Haste is also important for maximising archangel usage, since you can spend less time stacking archangel and more time casting spells.

I am not quite sure if it is better to maintain the 25% buff by using 5 GCDs or just keep a 10% buff with 2 GCDs and get twice as many 100% crit PoHs.

Using 5 GCDs per 18 seconds takes 42% of your casting time and it requires that you cast smites. Using 2GCDs per 10s takes 30% of your casting time, but you don't have to smite and you get 1.8 more 100% crit PoHs.

Lets have a quick think. I don't remember archangel being on the GCD, so I am assuming it isn't:

1 smite is 92% of spellpower. So each smite instead of say a holy nova loses you 598% of spellpower. How many novas with 25% buff you need to cast to offset 1 smite? 590/(690*0.25) = 3.4 Novas. That means for every 1.5s you spend casting smites you need to spend 5.13s casting holy nova to break even. In other words for every smite you cast you effectively chain yourself for the next 6.63s. On average you need 2 smites per 18s to maintain the 25% buff constantly, which translates to 13.26s of casting holy nova on 5 targets just to break even. You also need to cast 1.5 penance and 1.5 HF on average, which also lose you a little healing. On top of that you lose some 100% crits on PoH. This isn't perfectly accurage since maintaining a 25% buff also buffs smite relative to maintaining a 10% buff, but it should make that big a difference.

I think stacking to 5 is only going to be done when there is a lull in healing. During burst it will probably be a little more effective to use HF/penance offensively on CD and just pop archangel straight after to maintain a 10% bonus and get that extra 100% PoH. Need to do a more accurate calculation to make sure though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    100% AA uptime seems like it could actually be really quite neat. I'd love to hear feedback on it!
    If this isn't an accident of "whoops, you got us in the middle of an internal build", then this would make a very cool replacement for Inner Focus (PvE-wise), especially if they extend the AA crit bonus to Heal also.

Assuming it becomes something not-suicidal to devote your time to, etc.

So I've just been macro'ing my AA to PoH. Welcome back to PoH-DA spam.

Well, this is indeed interesting. I feel like this could be just an unintended partial build thing like Lovestar said, but if not, it does serve to add a bit of interest to the ability.
    Removing the cooldown does a number of things:

Firstly, it retains its buff style, something I personally thought was pretty important considering the origins of the spec

Secondly, it actually makes tuning somewhat more straightforward. The problem having been that archangel was 'necessary' to put us on par with the other healers, but outside of it we felt useless. This easily solves that issue, and adds a bit more "rotational" depth.

Thirdly, it addresses the heavily voiced problem of archangel requiring no real decision making, but instead of it being about WHEN to use it (which would always be a problematic focus for the desired kind of decision making), its now about HOW MUCH to use it, how much you want to stack it, can you afford to get a full 5 stack buff or will you be better off only using 3 stacks etc.

Fourthly, it actually does also manage to mostly address the issue of the baked-in inner focus. This is especially important for the early tiers, where the inner focus crit effect is much more desirable than the throughput increase, but will allow the playstyle to shift as our gear improves with later tiers when the throughput increase becomes relatively more potent. I think it's actually this final point that gives the most depth to the 'new' AA, because without this baked-in inner focus, there would be much less weight around whether its best to use it at low stacks or high stacks.

I'm genuinely impressed with this change (assuming it's intended), but I do wonder how much they actually thought it out, and how much it was just a random idea to try without any real logic behind it. It kinda feels like the classic 'disc hotfix', only they actually managed to do it during the beta this time.
    If smite/atonement gets a little more tuning, we could be in a very good place me thinks
    We shall see.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by mtree21 View Post
    Welp, you can now have 100% Archangel uptime. And with the new borrowed time I'm getting an extra 1% haste...
    So, the new Borrowed Time thing is a net buff.

Just think it out logically like this:

6 second time period = 4 spell that benefit @ 1.5s GCD/cast time.
    Before it would have been 1 spell that benefits @ 15%. 15/4=3.75% haste.

In fact, the actual number is probably half that. In the real world you only cast PWS once every ~12 seconds. 15/8 = 1.875% haste. At 425 rating per 1% haste, this is equal to 800 haste rating or 1600 haste rating (in the first example) for this to be a gain over the old Borrowed Time.

It's also a net buff for Spirit Shell for the same reasons (with or without refreshing the buff). It's only a nerf to emergency healing (PWS->Penance), but 15% haste in WoD isn't really gonna change much anyways. It didn't even do much in MoP.

I'm not stating whether or not this is a beneficial change, but in a vacuum it is not by any means a throughput nerf.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-08-22 at 04:34 AM.

This is all on a premade 100 with full shattrath buffs

You need to consider how much that 40% gives you. I've tried it out with 1181 haste rating i gained less than 5% haste and that is with using haste parts/enchants from vendors.

The old version was better (maybe too good) you could stack crit and mastery and weave pretty nicely.

now your looking at unreachable haste i guess (maybe for now) to get the 15% from BT but then with the 1181 haste rating and buffs i was sitting at 17.4% haste reaching just under 22.4% haste with BT. only 14.71% crit and 30.84% mastery though.

alternative set I have gave 22.8% crit, 33.4% mastery 6% haste (6.5% with BT).

Its probably one i will wait for theorycrafters on after they crunch numbers after finalised tuning.

but still something I will try out while raid testing tonight.
    Last edited by Comfort; 2014-08-22 at 04:54 AM.

Just want to bump with a big "I told you so" sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Just want to bump with a big "I told you so" sticker.
    Just want to bump with a big "I told you it didn't matter and this thread was getting upset about the wrong thing" sticker.

Lol WUT try being a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Just want to bump with a big "I told you it didn't matter and this thread was getting upset about the wrong thing" sticker.
    I guess you're illiterate cause this is exactly what I complained about. It's okay to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I guess you're illiterate cause this is exactly what I complained about. It's okay to be wrong.
    Personal insults is telling. You were bitching about them not tweeting about us meaning we're screwed again, several examples surfaced proving you wrong. This includes the SS change, arms warriors, and them actually tweeting out about disc and you still bitching. Them tweeting does nothing, you just want to whine.

what is this.. Disc buffs

Discipline
    Clarity of Will now absorbs 744.5% of Spell Power or 660% of Spell Power, up from 676.8% of Spell Power or 600% of Spell Power.

Discipline
    Penance now heals for 660% of Spell Power, up from 600%.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    what is this.. Disc buffs

Discipline
    Clarity of Will now absorbs 744.5% of Spell Power or 660% of Spell Power, up from 676.8% of Spell Power or 600% of Spell Power.

Discipline
    Penance now heals for 660% of Spell Power, up from 600%.
    All healing classes had somekind of buff to a heal.