Arms Warrior Proving Ground Advice

Hey guys,

Just getting stuck into proving grounds as arms, making slow progress and hitting 7-9 regulary. I know most of it is about getting bleeds on as many things as possible and I'm slowly improving at that.
    My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Shmiles/simple

Has anyone got any gear/spec related tips for me?

Hugely appreciated!

Deleted
    Your gear isn't optimal for proving grounds but it should be doable. Proving grounds is 95% knowing the fight and 5% gear, at least until very high waves. This isn't the only way of doing it , most likely it isn't even the best way but it worked for me up to wave 45.
    Wave 7 :start to the left with bladestorm/bloodbath->3 dead mobs -> use the orbs to kill the remaining defenders and kill the last caster.
    Wave 8 : save berserk from wave 5 , use it here, healer->banshee->some dps on the "dummy dude" ->banshee->banshee->last dummy dude , keep dots up,
    Wave 9 : Banana dude -> dummy dude ->defender dude-> banshee->dummy dude->caster , use the orbs , keep dots ups

Deleted
    Here you go mate, people seem to find my video guide very helpful. Spread it around.
    Last edited by mmoc842017c00d; 2014-06-30 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neqan View Post
    Your gear isn't optimal for proving grounds but it should be doable. Proving grounds is 95% knowing the fight and 5% gear, at least until very high waves. This isn't the only way of doing it , most likely it isn't even the best way but it worked for me up to wave 45.
    Wave 7 :start to the left with bladestorm/bloodbath->3 dead mobs -> use the orbs to kill the remaining defenders and kill the last caster.
    Wave 8 : save berserk from wave 5 , use it here, healer->banshee->some dps on the "dummy dude" ->banshee->banshee->last dummy dude , keep dots up,
    Wave 9 : Banana dude -> dummy dude ->defender dude-> banshee->dummy dude->caster , use the orbs , keep dots ups
    What would be your suggestions for changing gear, should I be changing my gemming much?

Deleted
    Again, this is not needed , but if you want to blow a lot of gold&time on gear here we go:
    You need to be engineer to get the engineering goggles.
    tortos neck
    garrosh shoulders
    primordius back
    shamens chest
    durumu rnd bracers with pure crit
    tier gloves are ok-ish
    ra-den belt
    malkorok pants
    ra-den boots
    rings spoils&ra-den (not sure)
    darkmoon trinket
    scholomance trinket is good alch wasn't bad either
    weapon with 2 sockets, so either lei shen axe or account bound axe
    Arms at 463 works better with str gems as opposed by crit gems, so you want to use as many socket bonuses as possible while gemming strength , also the legendary meta doesn't work so use the 216 str+crit.
    Hit&exp isn't scaled, gemming hit or expertise is mostly likely wasted potential, it is better to get it from gear.
    But to repeat myself a third time: this isn't needed and won't improve your time by much.

edit: ra-den chest might be better
    Last edited by mmoc413022dfd0; 2014-06-30 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neqan View Post
    Again, this is not needed , but if you want to blow a lot of gold&time on gear here we go:
    You need to be engineer to get the engineering goggles.
    tortos neck
    garrosh shoulders
    primordius back
    shamens chest
    durumu rnd bracers with pure crit
    tier gloves are ok-ish
    ra-den(?) belt
    malkorok pants
    ra-den boots
    rings spoils&ra-den (not sure)
    darkmoon trinket
    scholomance trinket is good alch wasn't bad either
    weapon with 2 sockets, so either lei shen axe or account bound axe
    Arms at 463 works better with str gems as opposed by crit gems, so you want to use as many socket bonuses as possible while gemming strength , also the legendary meta doesn't work so use the 216 str+crit.
    Hit&exp isn't scaled, gemming hit or expertise is mostly likely wasted potential, it is better to get it from gear.
    But to repeat myself a third time: this isn't needed and won't improve your time by much.
    You are a legend!
    I'll go over my gear and try replace a few pieces, mainly trinkets and see what other sockets I can squeeze out. I can use all the help I can get.
    I don't want to resort to using a ranged alt to do this haha

So I still don't have this thing down.
    I keep getting stuck on 19 or 29 due to a small mistake. But the thing that's NOT my fault is waves 20 and 30. Use CS + all CDS, then proceed to get no big crits and wipe...
    I've had 2 wave 30 wipes due to lack of crits.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Shmiles/simple
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Deleted
    Though crits obviously help, it shouldn't be the defining factor of why you can't make wave 30.
    Make sure you have the enrage buff up that last spawned, start DPS on him when you can without blowing any cools ( with the bleed dmg and just hitting him, you should be able to wittle down quite few percent still)
    Grab the buff when you have 40 secs left on your finish timer, blow all your cools as soon as the shield drops and he should die. With Reck being up for the initial bit, getting enough crits shouldn't be a problem. Keep Berzerker Rage for if your enrage drops in the final stages of the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Hahnh View Post
    Though crits obviously help, it shouldn't be the defining factor of why you can't make wave 30.
    Make sure you have the enrage buff up that last spawned, start DPS on him when you can without blowing any cools ( with the bleed dmg and just hitting him, you should be able to wittle down quite few percent still)
    Grab the buff when you have 40 secs left on your finish timer, blow all your cools as soon as the shield drops and he should die. With Reck being up for the initial bit, getting enough crits shouldn't be a problem. Keep Berzerker Rage for if your enrage drops in the final stages of the fight
    I've been popping the zerker buff at 30 seconds, I'll change that.
    I've been using berserker rage when the shield drops, i'll save it for a bit later, the next time I get to 30.
    You mentioned not having a problem with crits.. I seriously had only 1-2 crits in the "pop all cds" stage

Pool rage the last 5-10 seconds. The second the shield pops. Cs and use all CDs. Slam your ass off and continue to ms on CD. Slamming in cs made a huge diffence for me. The goal is to get to 20% and get an execute or 2 in to finish it

if you still have some trouble, you can check out my video where i got to 48 when i did my 30 achievement... for info about gear/glyphs and tactics is used, check out my blog.
    PGs are really easy up unto around wave 45-50 (from there the hp of the mobs really become a dps-problem) and if you have some decent gear for downscaled content you should have no problem doing wave 30

Blog: Sethanor - Furious Retribution (dps-warry / ret-pally blog)

edit ps: not optimized that try and made some mistakes concerning abmer-orb-usage (getting trapped a few times xD)
    Last edited by Sethanor; 2014-07-25 at 11:09 AM.

Finally got it!

xToasttx... I've been doing that, your advice isn't really anything that isn't in guides/videos.
    I finally got a couple of decent crits in 30, and what do you know, it died.