Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    the screenshots of the new night look too dark imo. Heck I was happy when they made nigthtime to Silvermoon I had to go back through there to help a friend with ZA. Usually that place is way to fucking bright partially why I hated Silvermoon so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Yes, going back to some old screenshots I made in vanilla...except for the water, the game looks WORSE now than it did then. It's scary.

Honestly...as for the current "night" in-game, they shouldn't be anything less than extremely embarassed about it. I think they just screwed up the lighting and used the "artistic decision" BS to cover because their egos couldn't handle it. If it truly was an intentional artistic decision...then they need some artists that don't suck.
    I thinkt he current nighttime looks perfectly fine. The new screenshots look way too dark, like wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayperos View Post
    They even said it was because lots of people only play at night, and they argue they can't see what they are doing, so the brightened the world up.
    I think the thing with people playing at night was just an excuse. Even in vanilla the nights weren't that dark but it was noticeable when you logged in if it was supposed to be daytime or nighttime. When they changed the lighting from global to spherical lighting per zone it just isn't as easy to make darker nights because you have to adjust a lot of spheres per zone to match each other and the zones next to it. The change gave them more artistic freedom so that the zones have exactly the lighting they want at day but at night it's just a different skybox and a blue tint filter. The biggest problem is that when you play you don't realize if it's supposed to be day or night. Only if you look up to the sky or at your minimap you actually know if it's day or night.

The new screenshots look like the nights in-game with maybe a little bit heavier blue tint but still not really like it's night. More like a rainy day without rain. To get proper dark nights they have to redo the lighting again. They don't need to be pitch black but a little dimmer nights would be cool. Reduce the intensity of the spheres at nighttime and add to the blue tint a little bit of gray to give more of the washed out/ everything is gray at night feeling. When I look out my window I don't see green trees and grass. Everything is more gray and illuminated trees are green but still a little more washed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    i'd prefer something like this:
    Not sure if trolling, but that is almost a completely black screen! Seriously?

Sounds even more badass then batman.

Haha, that undead looks a lil funky, but i'm so glad for darker nights!

Deleted
    Not dark enough. Nights that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Not sure if trolling, but that is almost a completely black screen! Seriously?
    How is that almost completely black screen ? Not even close. I got brightness set to 40% and I still see everything. I like it like this. +1 for the psoter of that pic.

Deleted
    As much as I'd like a truly dark night and the atmosphere that follows, it would be fairly problematic in several ways. Many people have TN-panel displays with glossy-surfaces, and that doesn't play very well at all with dark stuff. Graphics-wise, WoW has always been meant for everybody to enjoy, and I don't think that's going to change.

Of course, if they'd make it possible to select the night darkness just like spell effect level in the client settings, I'd be all for it. However, that's extra work and...

Deleted
    I am glad they are adressing the same face issue.