15+ Year Old Account

best sub pvp opener

Whats the best sub opener? Im talking bringing someone down while stun locked. (at 70)

Please specify that you're talking about 70. The vast majority of discussions are regarding L90 content on this forum. It'll help not waste everyone's time. Thanks. -Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-07-09 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Whats the best sub opener? Im talking bringing someone down while stun locked.

Honestly, it depends on who you're fighting.

I use MfD -> SnD -> Shadow Blades -> CS to Garrote or garrote to cs -> Evis -> premed ambush -> KS -> SD -> Ambush -> ambush -> evisc -> repeat ambush ambush evisc

Again it depends though. I might just premed slice and dice then CS to garrote and save MfD as a finisher on some targets.

Premed Slice > Blades Garrote > Just as subterfuge ends Dance Cheap Shot > Evis > Ambush x2 > Kidney > Mark Evis > Amush x2

Practice

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not good to use ambush outside of dance coz of energy cost. For me its premed slice,garrote, evis, cs, bs, evis, mark, evis and later it depends. I dont use it always and i really care about energy pool. I dont like to be constantly out of energy and i burn it only when i know ill land a kill. Usually at opening ppl have survival cds so i wouldnt burn all of energy at the beginning. Also i use disarm on melee after cs and then evasion. Use weknesses wisely.

Permed Slice
    Shadow Blades - Garrote - Wait Subterfuge(Pool energy) - Cheap Shot - Shadow Dance - Damage rotation.
    Here's a video i made about opening with Shadow Dance vs different sorts of targets

I've also got one about how to open with No Cool-downs at all. Which still features stun locking.

feel free to ask any questions you've got here =)

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the 70 bracket ATM, so I don't have all of those abilities.

Rogues in this bracket can stun lock me and wreck me before I can even trinket. I wanna be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by TroggdorFrostmourneUS View Post
    Honestly, it depends on who you're fighting.

I use MfD -> SnD -> Shadow Blades -> CS to Garrote or garrote to cs -> Evis -> premed ambush -> KS -> SD -> Ambush -> ambush -> evisc -> repeat ambush ambush evisc

Again it depends though. I might just premed slice and dice then CS to garrote and save MfD as a finisher on some targets.
    by far using Mfd is the best way to get slice and dice up for sure, this guy has the best opener.

Doesn't sound very interesting, this 70s PvP.

infracted: spam/trolling
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-07-09 at 11:53 PM.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't have MfD if he's at 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post
    Permed Slice
    Shadow Blades - Garrote - Wait Subterfuge(Pool energy) - Cheap Shot - Shadow Dance - Damage rotation.
    Here's a video i made about opening with Shadow Dance vs different sorts of targets

I've also got one about how to open with No Cool-downs at all. Which still features stun locking.

feel free to ask any questions you've got here =)
    Is there a chance you have a video on openers with [Anticipation], i imagine its the same minus 1 evis but in test I found myself low on energy, the extra gain from the MfD > Evis tied with the ticks which happen during the 2 GCDs (MfD,Evis) makes a big difference in your opener.
    Last edited by Bugsy; 2014-07-10 at 06:58 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Is there a chance you have a video on openers with [Anticipation], i imagine its the same minus 1 evis but in test I found myself low on energy, the extra gain from the MfD > Evis tied with the ticks which happen during the 2 GCDs (MfD,Evis) makes a big difference in your opener.
    In my experience you don't want to use anticipation in PvP. Too many potential lost combo points with the amount of switches and what not. MfD has a lot more utility, uses, and a higher pressure/damage potential. I'd always go MfD. Only time I went Anticipation was when I was playing defense on nodes as Combat in RBGs, but even then I switched after a few games because MfD is just too good.

Additionally Sativ's opener is definitely baller, and kind of a Yolo opener. I've looked at a lot of his videos, and they're great (probably one of my favorite Rogues out there, mad props dude) so if you have any questions at all regarding openers, or any PvP Rogue information in general, definitely take a look at Sativ's videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativ View Post
    -size snip-
    While these videos are great, and full of helpful information I found after trying these rotations out in a few Random BGs last night on my newer Rogue they failed for me miserably in practice. Seems every player I targeted was either full DR on stuns or close to it, so much so that as soon as I opened on them they would hop away and my cooldowns and such would be wasted. I am sure if you could pick off singles at the edge of the fray that no one else is going after they might work a lot better. Even still, I will continue to try them!
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-07-11 at 06:26 PM.