Question about Thok's trinket

Apparently, TTT is valuable to druid tanks. Should a druid tank ever be given priority for this piece over a DPS warrior or any strength melee for that matter?

hell naw

not biased at all

Monks can use it too, but its still best for warriors.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how your loot system works I guess, but any agi user getting it before a str user is a joke.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would personally never give a TTT of any difficulty to non strength spec unless every strength user in already has either the equivalent or higher version. It causes too much grief and saltiness in a raid otherwise when it provides better much better returns on a strength class.

Deleted
    Guardian Druids use it because they're sitting at a bare (hehe geddit?) minimum of 79% crit chance, mostly going over for DPS as opposed to survival. I believe strength also gives them Attack Power so the proc isn't utterly useless but needless to say it's ALWAYS priority to the Warrior > DK > Ret

Pug roll for it, organized group DPS gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Guardian Druids use it because they're sitting at a bare (hehe geddit?) minimum of 79% crit chance, mostly going over for DPS as opposed to survival. I believe strength also gives them Attack Power so the proc isn't utterly useless but needless to say it's ALWAYS priority to the Warrior > DK > Ret
    I thought they didn't proc for non strength specs and you only got the flat amplification bonus? Don't remember where I heard it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It procs, 1str = 1ap for agi users.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I thought they didn't proc for non strength specs and you only got the flat amplification bonus? Don't remember where I heard it though.
    It only won't proc unless there's some stipulation on it. I believe some trinkets say "for blah blah role"

Looking at pure damanage numbers, a guardian druid who is solo tanking content will get a lot more out of the trinket compared to Str DPS classes. While the proc is str, the 14k ap you get is nothing compared to the 600-1mil vengeance you have while solo-tanking some of the harder hitting bosses this tier. This said, I would still not give it to the guardian first, as they can use multistrike trinket, or either of the other two Amp Trinkets and gain a lot from that as well, where as str users are tied into two trinkets this tier (Not counting Klaxxi, as only Arms uses it in niche situations).

PS: A trinket will proc for anyone, unless specifically stated otherwise. For example the Healing amp won't proc for casters, as on the beta they could use both, and when the ICD was up on the healing one you put out one heal on someone to proc it. Blizz didn't like that.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

I lost the first Thok hc trinket to uninformed raid leaders and a not-so-smart-smartass-lootwhore of a guardian druid.
    stupid argument #1:
    more relevant stats.
    nope, lost a ton of exp for getting less hasterating as the only valueable rating for druid tanks. reforging won't make it better.
    stupid argument #2:
    the strength proc is useful.
    nope, it has to proc and only adds more atp to convert to frenzied regeneration heal. if it doesn't proc when you use the heal it's useless. if it procs that additional heal is lost beyond the general overheal.
    stupid argument #3:
    tank dps.
    we cleared hc content with almost every tank-combination, so who needs guardian dps. a tank(or more likely dps egotripping player) that soaks more healing than any other tank spec and delivers more dps but not relative to needed hps.
    stupid argument #4:
    other amp trinkets aren't that good.
    tank didn't roll on healer/caster trinket because that would have created a bigger outrage.

I'm just glad that the nonsense tank-dps-fest will end with 6.0

Neither of those arguments are true if you actually want to clear faster though. Still ebon + haromms is still fine instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    Apparently, TTT is valuable to druid tanks. Should a druid tank ever be given priority for this piece over a DPS warrior or any strength melee for that matter?
    No as the attack power gained from the strength proc is weaker for a Guardian Druid than a Warrior (only 1:1 ap:strength for Druid as opposed to 1:2 for Warriors). Plus the Druid has viable alternatives (TED, Haromm's, Talisman of Bloodlust, Renataki's) whereas Warrior really only has 2 options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    PS: A trinket will proc for anyone, unless specifically stated otherwise. For example the Healing amp won't proc for casters, as on the beta they could use both, and when the ICD was up on the healing one you put out one heal on someone to proc it. Blizz didn't like that.
    Yeah and they didn't like PBoI proccing for disc priests, but every other healer is apparently fine. Fuck that shit.