Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    From a Blood perspective:

- Bring back increased rune regen on Blood Presence.
    - Nerf conversion so that it's NEVER something you'll want to sacrifice Death Coils to keep up.
    - Remove +health % and Death Coil and bring back the Rune Shield idea.
    - Remove runic power generation from Necrotic Plague, make rotation fluid enough without it to give us an actual choice in talents.
    - Bring back Bloodworms, let them only heal DK to avoid more raid utility. Preferably with a skill to force detonate.
    - Death's advance baseline, add another control talent to offer real choice in pve.
    - Remove Death Pact ghoul requirement, add defensive aspect to ghoul (protects you giving a small damage reduction, or a small leech of it's attacks).

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Tell me more.
    At high levels of gear it can be a damage increase for unholy to use death siphon over scourge strike during trinket procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    From a Blood perspective:

- Nerf conversion so that it's NEVER something you'll want to sacrifice Death Coils to keep up.

- Remove Death Pact ghoul requirement, add defensive aspect to ghoul (protects you giving a small damage reduction, or a small leech of it's attacks).
    So you want a talent thats never worth using? That doesn't sound very compelling to me.

DP ghoul requirement is already gone but in trade you get a healabsborb placed on yourself after using DP for half the amount DP healed. Ghoul is gone for frost and blood.

For myself. I just want to see coherence in the changes and get a nicely working finished product and not some halfhearted clusterfuck like it is atm beta and live. Things lika DA baseline would be nice but not necessary if the rest is working fine.
    I simply want something I can toy around with. Something with strengths and weaknesses of equal importance and work with them.
    Its pretty subjective and abstract but thats about it.
    I want an intentional strong class were everything makes sense and is well worked out with little combos and synergies between abilities a little bit of freedom in terms of playstyle and not this big mess where I get a headache whenever I'm looking at the numbers and stacking inconsistensies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    So you want a talent thats never worth using? That doesn't sound very compelling to me.
    To be honest I think conversion is a really poorly thought-out talent for PvE.

At the moment in beta DK tank are immortal because they skip Death Coil altogether and just use the RP to keep conversion up, and it makes them incredibly powerful but also incredibly dull. You have massive amounts of down-time, a 2-button rotation, and immortality.

They have to nerf conversion for Blood, but it'll always end up being either super powerful or completely useless, depending on tuning and the fight. It can't function as an emergency heal, and if it's worth it to keep up to combat steady damage then Blood will have to forfeit Death Coil to keep it up, completely breaking their gameplay. For dps speccs, Death Siphon and Blood Pact are both superior emergency/big planed heals than conversion, and again, if it's worth it to keep up it breaks their rotation.

It's been amazing for pvp and useless for pve all of MoP, which has worked because we've been balanced around it, but that's meant that it's mandatory in pvp and never chosen in pve. It has worked, but it's shitty talent design. If they want to keep it in WoD that's the only realistic route to go unless you want the beta version of Blood to go live (which it absolutely can not).

Deleted
    So I had the idea to write down the minimum that would have to be done to fix all DK issues I could think of, while also changing as few things as possible. Unfortunately the list is still rather long, not because these changes are so complicated, but because DKs just have so many issues.

Please note: The changes I mention are not intended to be the only/optimal solution. They are intended to provide an overview over the problems DKs are currently facing, and to show how much work would be required to fix them all without reinventing the DK class completely. All numbers mentioned are (of course) not balanced and should only be considered as rough guesses to where these numbers might be. All changes are designed on top of the planned changes for WoD.
    All of the changes I mention (with the exception of the talent section) are intended to be minimal changes while still fixing all issues.

1. General changes

a) presences reworked
    Our presences being mandatory for the respective spec does not create any sort of gameplay, which is why they should be changed to be beneficial to all specs:
    The offensive effects (and the defensive effects of blood presence for blood) should be made baseline for the respective spec. The presences themselves only keep their utility effects, and you should not be able to change presences during combat.
    UH Presence should increase movement speed by 20%
    Frost Presence should reduce the duration of (most) debuffs by 10%
    Blood Presence should grant the DK 5% Leech
    This way you'd change presences based on the situation without feeling the need to stance dance.

b) haste scaling changed
    Currently, haste increases our resource regeneration, as is the case with most melee classes, however our specific resource system has some problems because of this. Our runes have to scale a certain amount in order for haste to be valuable, the base regeneration time cannot be too low in order to prevent enormous downtime, and it can not be too high so it is impossible (or very unlikely) to gcd-cap. Unfortunately, these three goals are incompatible, at least one of these goals has to be broken, and currently it's the one about gcd-capping, because that has the least negative effects on the class. In order to fix this problem, haste should no longer increase rune regeneration, but fulfill a different purpose, based on spec. Since gcd-capping is no longer an issue, we can once again have a 1.5s gcd, which fits the DK theme a lot more (DW frost being the only exception to this. I'll get to this later).
    Haste should affect diseases, and also do the following things for the respective specs:
    For Unholy, haste affecting diseases should be enough to keep it valuable
    For Frost, haste should increase the proc chances of Rime, KM and CG
    For Blood, haste should lower the gcd (I'll get to the benefit of that later), as well as reduce the cd of RT.

c) movement
    DKs have the theme of an unstoppable force that slowly but steadily carves a path through its foes. As such, DKs shouldn't have any sprint-like abilities. Unfortunately this gives DKs a huge disadvantage in PvE, since a lot of boss mechanics require movement speed increases. In order to add movement capabilities to DKs without interfering with their theme, only a few changes need to be made:
    DA baseline. DA fits the DK theme perfectly by adding a slight but permanent movement increase (as opposed to a speed boost), while also making them more resilient against slows. However, I would like the active effect to change from a slight speed boost to a complete immunity against movement impairing effects.
    For situations which still require more movement speed, the reworked Unholy Presence should be sufficient

d) Raid Utility
    DKs lack a bit in terms of raid utility compared to other classes. To address this, our Presences should once again affect our party members (not including the DK himself). Frost and Unholy should get AMZ as a baseline raid cd.
    Unholy Presence should increase the movement speed of all party members by 10%.
    Frost Presence should reduce the duration of movement impairing effects on party members by 5%.
    Blood Presence should grant all party members 3% Leech.

e) Diseases
    As has been pointed out numerous times, diseases no longer fulfill much purpose for DKs, and there definately is no need for either spec to have 2 diseases, which is why each spec should only have one, which should deal more damage to compensate. Outbreak, IT and PS should be removed, because they are no longer needed.
    Blood should only have BP left, and BB should automatically apply BP to all targets hit.
    Frost should only have FF left, which will still be applied by HB.
    Unholy should have NP baseline, making Festerblight the only available rotation for unholy. SS should automatically apply NP, and reapplying doesn't do anything (neither reset duration nor add a stack)

f) Runeforges
    With WoD we are even more bound to a specific runeforge for each spec, so there is no point in having to manually apply it to each new weapon you get, which is why runeforges as a concept should be completely removed, and the intended runeforge added as a passive to each spec:
    SSG for blood
    FC for unholy
    CG for frost, RI removed
    While this change would require DKs to use weapon enchants as well, I believe it is for the better overall. Of course it would be possible to only enable one specific runeforge for each spec (and make CG have a reduced proc chance for dw), I don't see a reason why DKs should not require weapon enchants like any other class (since that is basically the only use of the runeforge system now).

2. Talents

Our talents are one of the most criticized aspects of the DK class, and need to be greatly reworked. Some of the talent rows need to be replaced completely, and every idea for new talents I'm giving here are nothing more than my ideas for these tiers, but should NOT be considered the only option, or even a preferable option. I'm just throwing random ideas around because I just didn't want to state "Scrap all DK talents and start new from scratch" (but basically this is what has to be done).

Tier 1: Disease Application
    This tier has a lot of problems. Plaguebearer is not useful without also picking NP (the only one who benefits from it are frost DKs, but the benefit of not having to reapply BP is extremely small), PL is mandatory for frost DKs while being useless to unholy. UB has the exact same problem as PB, as diseases can be spread by blood and unholy DKs using BB/Pest without a cd, and the benefit of spreading BP as frost is too small to compete against PL.
    This tier needs to be completely scrapped and replaced by something new.
    - Wandering Plague: Each time your disease deals damage it has a chance to erupt, dealing Y% of its damage to all targets nearby.
    - Crypt Fever: Your OB, DS and SS have a chance to apply Crypt Fever, which deals damage over 6 seconds
    - Infected wounds: Every time your diseases deal damage there is a chance to summon a corpse worm, which will attack your enemies for 10 seconds.

Tier 2: Damage mitigation
    This tier lacks from a clear identity, it also contains our only raid cd. Each talent on its own doesn't have problems, but they don't fit together. I like Purgatory, since as a Death Knight, having a ability that revolves around your death is very theme appropriate, which is why my proposed talents extend that idea to a complete talent row.
    AMZ baseline
    - Purgatory: should heal you to 20% health once the absorb got healed through.
    - Depends on spec:
    Frost/Unholy: Shadow of Death: When you die you come back as a ghoul for 15s
    Blood: Will of the Necropolis (No longer Baseline): When below 20% health all damage taken is reduced by 20% and your DS heals for an additional 20%
    - Mark of Blood: Marks an enemy with Blood for 5s. If you would take fatal damage while the mark is active, that damage is instead dealt to the marked target (up to a maximum of 50% of your health). 2min CD.

Tier 3: Control
    This tier is actually quite OK, DA just doesn't fit. As I said, DA should be baseline and replaced with something else in this row. Chillblains and Asphyxiate are fine.
    - Unholy Command: Reduces the CD of Death Grip by 10s. DG also roots the target in place for 3s.

Tier 4: Rune regeneration
    Well, I think we all know what the problems with this tier are so I won't have to explain that. There are ways to repair all three talents without replacing them, but I'd prefer to have a traditional resource regeneration tier like other classes.
    - Runic Empowerment (No longer Baseline): Immediately activates all your runes. 2min cd.
    - BT: Instantly activates a fully depleted rune as a death rune. 2 Charges, 30s recharge time.
    - Merciless combat: Your successful auto attacks have a chance (lower for dw frost) to make your next DS, FeS or OB cost no runes

Tier 5: Self healing
    A lot of problems with this tier. Conversion feels awkward because it slows down your rotation, also it's difficult to balance and most of the time not an option for blood. DSi is not a valid choice for Blood, and DP is mandatory for blood. It's obvious the talents need to be special cased for the different specs.
    - Death Pact: Heals for 50% of your health, but causes you to lose 5% health for the next 5 seconds. This damage can not be reduced or absorbed.
    - Depends on Spec:
    Blood: Might of Mograine: Your DS heals for 10% more.
    Frost: Guile of Gorefiend: DS now deals as much damage as OB.
    Unholy: Rage of Rivendare: DS now spreads NP and extends its duration.
    - Depends on Spec:
    Blood: Blood Gorged: Reduces the cd of RT by 10s, the cd of VB by 20s and increases the number of charges on your bone shield by 3.
    Unholy: Death Siphon: Replaces SS with DSi. DSi deals the same average damage as SS, but also heals you for 100% of the damage it deals.
    Frost: Conversion: Every point of RP that you spend heals you for X% of your health

Tier 6: Utility
    This tier is in a pretty good spot and just needs some tweaks.
    - Gorefiend's Grasp: Can be targeted on the ground, taunts for blood when you target it on your position.
    - Remorseless Winter: Slows by 20% each second, stun occurs after 3 stacks as opposed to 5. Also reduces your damage taken by 3% every second.
    - Desecrated Ground: 15 yd radius, instantly roots every enemy inside it for 3 seconds, and afterwards has a chance to randomly root enemies inside it for 3 seconds.

Tier 7: Damage
    This tier, while thematically awesome, has serious mechanical issues. The talents need to be special-cased for all three specs, where Blood gains no offensive benefit from these talents. NP should be baseline for Unholy (see below).
    - Depends on Spec:
    Frost/Unholy: Defile: Replaces DnD, deals increased damage and increases in size and damage every second.
    Blood: Defile: Your DnD now reduces the damage done to you by all targets standing in it by 10%.
    - Depends on Spec:
    Frost: Breath of Sindragosa: Your FS deals 40% less damage to your primary target, but deals an additional 100% damage, which is spread evenly among all targets in front of you.
    Unholy: Pain and Suffering: Replaces DC, dealing 50% more damage, spread evenly among all targets in front of you.
    Blood: Rune of Blood: Marks an enemy with the rune of blood. You are healed for 100% of the damage you deal to the marked target. Lasts 6 seconds, 2 minute cd.
    - Depends on Spec:
    Frost: Frozen Rune Weapon: Your melee attacks and OB deal an additional 20% Frost damage
    Unholy: Ravenous Dead: Your SS have a 10% chance to summon a skeleton to attack your target
    Blood: Blood Mirror: Links your soul to that of the target. While active, all damage either of you takes is split evenly among you, but both of you take 10% increased damage. Lasts until cancelled.

As I said, these are just random ideas, and I don't expect any of these to actually become reality. Our whole talent tree just needs to be reworked in some way, this would be one option.

3. Frost

Now that Blood got a lot of changes on Beta, Frost has the most issues of all three specs: Haste scaling, differences between 2h and dw, KM ignored, no valuable secondary stats and so on. Therefore Frost needs the biggest changes to solve all issues, and unfortunately the spec plays different than before (actually that's not really unfortunate, now that I think of it).

a) 2H vs DW:
    This has been an issue ever since this distinction first came up, and it appears it will continue to be until the sub specs are merged. However, Blizz stated they want the two to play differently, and as it turns out there is a way to merge them while keeping them different, and furthermore keeping the identity of the respective sub specs. The idea is that both dw and 2h use the same abilities, rotation, and stat priority, but dw simply playing 50% faster than 2h. If our rune regeneration doesn't scale with haste, this is no longer a problem:
    2h has a 1.5s gcd whereas dw has a 1s gcd, and 2h has a 50% lower rune regeneration, but deals 50% increased damage.
    Both specs should use the "masterfrost" rotation (use death runes on HB, frost and uh runes on OB).

b) KM and crit:
    KM has three major issues: one is that it is basically ignored, the other is that it procs from auto attacks, and the last that it devalues crit. All three of these can be addressed with a simple change:
    KM should no longer proc on auto attacks but have a 40% chance to proc on FS (for both 2h and dw), and instead of making the next FS/OB a guaranteed crit it should increase the damage of your next OB/HB by 40%.
    In order for KM to no longer be ignored the buff should only last for 2 seconds. This way you will delay your FS until you have enough runes to HB/OB directly after it.

c) Haste
    If haste no longer increases your rune regeneration it has to have a different effect. For Frost this would be an increased proc chance for Rime, KM and CG (in addition to FF scaling with haste).

d) Mastery
    Since mastery is the cause of a lot of issues, mainly mastersimple, I'd like to see it changed to something different, while keeping it as the "aoe" stat:
    Every time your FF deals damage there is a chance the target will be impaled by an icicle, dealing X(based on mastery) frost damage

4. Unholy

From all three specs, unholy has the least pressing issues, the only ones being the slow ramp up (which seems to be intentional) as well as runes desyncing/orphaned frost runes.

a) Diseases
    Unholy is the disease centered spec, and to shift its focus even more on diseases, NP should be baseline for unholy, making Festerblight the intended play style.

b) Ramp up
    Currently, DT causes a long ramp up time at low haste levels. NP would further increase that. It seems this is intentional, so I don't think it should be removed completely, but it can certainly be lowered. For this goal, DT should be independent from Shadow Infusion, but have a 1 minute CD. Shadow Infusion should be left unchanged, but disabled during DT (just like it currently does)

c) Runes
    As a QoL change, DS should cost 1B1F for unholy to match up with FeS.
    To solve the issue of orphaned Frost runes during AoE. This is easily done by making BB also turn a Frost rune (without consuming it) into a Death rune

5. Blood

A lot of Bloods mechanical issues have been fixed on beta, unfortunately blood also lost a lot of its gameplay and identity in the process. Especially disliked was the removal of HS, which a lot of DKs thought of as unnecessary. Until we know how the changes to blood on beta turn out, mechanics wise, I won't propose any changes to their mitigation like it is on beta.

a) Haste and HS
    As I mentioned in the beginning, our runes should no longer scale with haste. In order for Haste to still be beneficial, blood should get a free filler spell that reduces the damage taken and haste should lower the gcd so you can use that filler spell more often.
    (The reason haste can not simply lower the cd of your defensive abilities is exactly the reason readiness didn't make it as a secondary stat: Its value would be dependent on the length of a boss encounter. IBF has a 3 minute cd, let's assume a boss encounter that lasts 7 minutes. In these 7 minutes, you can use IBF 3 times. Now if you had enough haste to reduce IBFs CD by 20s, you'd still only be able to use IBF 3 times. All that haste would be wasted. The same goes for every other cd you have. You'd not only end up with haste breakpoints for each individual cd, but also for each boss, and depending on your raid group. Haste would simply make a very unreliable secondary stat. So lower gcd and filler spell it is. )
    This filler spell could easily be HS, it just needs damage reduction component.
    HS should be free, hit 3 targets just like it does currently, but also reduce the damage targets hit deal to you by 3% for 10s, while using the same rolling behavior as the improved DC perk.
    Last edited by mmoc16149473f9; 2014-07-30 at 07:13 AM.

Rune regen tier replaced with a new tier, baseline Runic Corruption.

Heart Strike or something new for single target use with blood runes for blood. (Soul Reaper working above 35% would be pretty cool)

New Blood Boil animation, oh my god when they replaced the old blood nova animation and gave us a prot pally animation.

Necrotic Plague not making Defile and SB worthless, at least they can be better in AoE situations.

AoTD not being absolute shit, damage-wise.

Gorefiend's Grasp taunts for Blood, at least a 50% slow so we have time to gain some threat before the mobs move away right after the grip.

Death's Advance baseline for Frost and Unholy OR, Old Chains of Ice back! (Starting at 95% slow, just like before, reducing the slow by 10% every passing second).

And please, for the love of god, no one wants empty GCDs, having 1 or 2 a few times because of both runes and RP being depleted is fine, but from the tweets I have seen it's gonna be a lot more than a 'few'.

As i`ve already given up on most things like our entire frost spec and rune regen tier.
    I just want to see our mobility be adressed, atleast don`t make encounter that gimps melee dps like normal, which again is even worse for DK`s.
    Seeing AMZ turned into a proper raid cooldown would be nice aswell, but then again they have removed over half of the raid cd`s in WoD so it`s propably going to be more useful now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FiXThEPiEcEs View Post
    And please, for the love of god, no one wants empty GCDs, having 1 or 2 a few times because of both runes and RP being depleted is fine, but from the tweets I have seen it's gonna be a lot more than a 'few'.
    If we don't have empty gcds haste will be useless. Also makes pooling resources impossible.

Would like to see them rework or remove Soul Reaper. As it stands it's a very clunky ability.

Quote Originally Posted by FiXThEPiEcEs View Post
    Rune regen tier replaced with a new tier, baseline Runic Corruption.

Heart Strike or something new for single target use with blood runes for blood. (Soul Reaper working above 35% would be pretty cool)

New Blood Boil animation, oh my god when they replaced the old blood nova animation and gave us a prot pally animation.

Necrotic Plague not making Defile and SB worthless, at least they can be better in AoE situations.

AoTD not being absolute shit, damage-wise.

Gorefiend's Grasp taunts for Blood, at least a 50% slow so we have time to gain some threat before the mobs move away right after the grip.

Death's Advance baseline for Frost and Unholy OR, Old Chains of Ice back! (Starting at 95% slow, just like before, reducing the slow by 10% every passing second).

I dont mind waiting to push some stuff occasionally but with the way it looks we may be a little better off than blood currently is. That I'm not okay with.

Blood-take the cue from the name and from some undead influences already in game. let them feel like warriors using vampiric magics as their niche, the shield component is cool and all, but going vampiric fits both tanking and death knights well. it'll require a major overhaul to get us there, but worth it. BLood Plague as only disease

Frost-full 2h. DW can go unholy as the most arcane of the three specs. mostly just preference here, nothing wrong with frost going dw and unholy taking 2h, but trying to split it up is just going the way of Feral imo and i don't see us getting split like they did as both halves are DPS. Frost fever as only disease

Unholy take the other side, imo have them full bend on DW and their magics, all the diseases goes to them. make diseases hit harder overall so blood and frost aren't getting shafted and unholy ends up feeling a little warlocky and a little necromantic and in general very mage in a tincan. make them do very few personal strike.

basically get Unholy feeling very magey with warrior tones, Frost feeling like a true meeting of magic and might, and Blood like a warrior using minimal magic to supplement themselves all with the darker necromantic overtones throughout.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    So, a wishlist huh? Well, I'll try my best. I also will use the information we currently have on beta and incorporate them into my thoughts. I have raided heroicly with every spec so far in SoO, though I do mainly PvP as Unholy.

Spec independent

- Introduce a baseline RP dump for AoE. Obvious.
    - Cause Death Grip to drag us to unmovable PvE targets (e.g. bosses). Immobility is a weakness by design. However, this weakness, while defendable in PvP, turns us into a burden in many PvE encounters.
    - Make talents spec specific where thoroughly needed. Talents like Death Siphon or our lvl 100 talent row are impossible to balance between specs in their current implementation.
    - Give talent rows a theme. Talents should be decisions based on a theme. The warlock talents provide that very clearly with a set theme (self heal, cc, utility, petplay) for each row and a decision between active or passive in most cases. Most DK talent rows make us decide between cc&mobility (DA/Asphyx/Chillblains), or survivability&utility (LB/Purg/AMZ).
    - Clear up intentions for AotD. It's clear that it's not supposed to deal a lot of damage any longer. It can be a strong defensive cooldown and adds a little bit of utility by offtanking things on cooldown. However, in it's current implementation people are compelled to use it for DPS, which results in DPS loss, and 10 min CD on something that weak is simply too much. The damage being gone and redistributed into our other abilities is good in my book.
    - Remove Cooldown on SR. Runes already are some kind of cooldown our abilities share and making the damaging debuff, and the haste-gain buff not stack limits OP worthy factors. Additionally, not hitting it due to parries (like in PvP) becomes a lot less punishing and less of a nuisance when trying to track runes + ability cooldown without a SR debuff present on target.

Blood

Blood's theme is reactive self healing to keep itself alive and tanky. On live, Blood has a very fluent feel, almost spammy. Also, the reactive side comes short because of our mitigation not scaling with Vengeance. With the newly introduced Resolve and general changes to our healing mechanic this will be resolved and the removal of rune regeneration bonuses on Blood Presence helps with the spammyness of mitigating abilities. Things I would change for this spec are:

- Keep rune regeneration and "downtime", but introduce a free filler. Downtime is good for compelling gameplay, but downtime is also boring. Introducing a filler keeps the intended gameplay the same without the feeling of being able to do nothing at all.
    - Give back a single target B ability. This has been mentionned a lot already, but it makes it into my list because using AE on singletarget always was something vividly avoided by class designers for a long time (removing disease refreshment from pestilence for UHDK, rain of fire for destruction). Why it's ok now for Blood is beyond me.
    - Remove RP generation bonus from NP. It's defensive benefit is something that's impossible to balance. Tanking adds creates a massive overflow of resources, tanking patchwork bosses will feel boring as a result.
    - Remove BoS's Magic Betraaaaayaaaaal perk. While being a nice idea, implementation is wonky. A 5% heal of any magic damage dealt may sound nice on paper, but any magic damage that could actually kill a tank is always dealt only to the tank himself, what turns it into 5% mitigation, basically. Weak. Spells that hit the entire raid however get mitigated fully in mythic raids, though they generally are not something tanks are scared of.
    - Give Blood back it's flavor. This is entirely subjective. Blood feels like an Unholy DK without pet + ability to tank now with DC and BB as mainly used abilites.

Frost

Frost is in a pretty good place right now, though it does have mechanical issues preventing it from scaling properly, reaching it's full potential and making it dependent on gradual buffs with increasing ilvl to compete. It is also divided in two subspecs which try to coexist in one specialization, but they fail to do so peacefully and chip away at either's performance. Also, in their current implementation, they are impossible to balance.

- Solve the subspec problem somehow. This has been discussed to death so many times not even the Val'kyr dare to resurrect it again. It's awkward and problematic currently, everybody agrees on that, but everybody has different approaches and ideas and it's impossible to satisfy everybody involved. Just fix it somehow. I don't care how.
    - Change KM into something compelling and not screwing with scaling. KM has 2 problems: It's completely irrelevant for gameplay and circumcises scaling with crit.
    - Make Obliterate scale with mastery. Why is our (supposedly) strongest ability not scaling with mastery?
    - Choose a fixed downtime percentage and make GCD get reduced with haste. This fixes hastecaping and prevents us from outscaling procs like Rime.

Unholy

Unholy is in a pretty good spot currently on live. On beta, it also looks very promising mechanically and has potential to perform well and stably (that's a word now).

- Have automatic high stack NP jumps overwrite low stack ones. The only way to get a high stack NPs onto an already infected target is through BB/Pest, for which the high stack NP you want to spread needs to have a longer duration than the low stack counterpart you want to overwrite.
    - Have BB/pest clone/spread NP based on stack count, not on duration. I thought this was a problem on paper, but playing around with it made me realise that it's completely impossible to overwrite a high stack NP with a low stack one without starting a completely new disease somewhere else, which is stupid anyway.
    - Make DS cost B/F for Unholy only. A great chunk of our self healing in WoD comes from DS again. Still, DS completely desyncs Unholy's Runes because of it's B/F + U rune pairings compared to Frost's & Blood's B + F/U.
    - Make DT activateable at 3 stacks instead of 5. Unholy ramp-up is too slow with haste levels achievable early in the expansion. This helps a lot and allows us to transform the ghoul while still being affected by on-pull Bloodlusts. Tune it's strength accordingly of course.

This should wrap up most of my thoughts. I tried to keep PvP out of the picture and I'm going to use this post as a list I'l continually update and maintain for future use.
    Last edited by mmoc7f25e17046; 2014-07-30 at 09:11 PM.

Simply make us scale well outside of the first, maybe second raid tiers. Soon as there is too much statage going on we fade into nothing.

Other than that, maybe add some more proc elements to frost, or make them have more...kick to them.
    Oh and give us more things to Dark Sim in PvE, give us something really cool to steal in fights for once. Only Dark Shamans was really any good for it this tier.

- KM now increases [OB/HB for 2h] [FS/HB for DW] critical strike chance by 100% and increases critical damage by an amount equal to your critical strike rating.
    - GCD is back to 1.5sec for all DK's, but is further reduced by haste rating
    - Obliterate now does [X]% weapon damage + [X] frost damage equal to your mastery rating.

Frost DK scaling problems fixed. You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    - KM now increases [OB/HB for 2h] [FS/HB for DW] critical strike chance by 100% and increases critical damage by an amount equal to your critical strike rating.
    - GCD is back to 1.5sec for all DK's, but is further reduced by haste rating
    - Obliterate now does [X]% weapon damage + [X] frost damage equal to your mastery rating.

Frost DK scaling problems fixed. You are welcome.
    and you can keep the subspecs playing differently too balancing them slightly. I don't think would be end all fix all changes, but those could keep us relevant without massive buffs needed every tier.

Frost DW (PvE) actually hard to play

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzz70 View Post
    Frost DW (PvE) actually hard to play
    No spec is hard to play anymore.