Deleted

Is Bladestorm worth using on a single target?

Hey.

I know Dragon Roar is the better choice for single target damage, but I'll be running CMs on my Warrior soon so I'll be running with Bladestorm most of the time and may not be able to switch talents quickly enough before a boss fight. So, even though Bladestorm is less effective than Dragon Roar in a single target scenario, would it still be worth using?

Thanks for your time.

Edit: To specify further, I'm playing Arms.
    Last edited by mmoc929869f8d6; 2014-07-21 at 04:23 PM.

Bladestorm is the superior talent for Challenge Modes since the biggest hurdle in them isn't damage on bosses but quickly bursting trash packs down. Would strongly recommend the EEoG trinket for the reduced BS cooldown but I haven't run CMs seriously since getting 9/9 gold on my Druid so not sure if it actually is the ideal trinket to have (heck, FFC might be good considering how much stuff there is to cleave).

Even outside of Challenge Modes Bladestorm is generally better than Dragon Roar. They're about equal on pure single target damage (BT Enrage -> BS -> cancel at last BS tick since Enrage wears off) but the moment a second target is close enough Dragon Roar's damage plummets.

BS is the best talent both single target and multitarget. For Arms, I believe you want to use it inside a CS but I'd wait on confirmation from someone more knowledgeable
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    BS is the best talent both single target and multitarget. For Arms, I believe you want to use it inside a CS but I'd wait on confirmation from someone more knowledgeable
    Arms uses BS during CS, Fury doesn't.

Bladestorm is third on the prio list.

MS>CS>BS. The way to use it for pure single target is by using it whenever both CS and MS in on CD, if one of the two then comes of CD while you're spinning /cancelaura it and cast that instead.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Bladestorm is third on the prio list.

MS>CS>BS. The way to use it for pure single target is by using it whenever both CS and MS in on CD, if one of the two then comes of CD while you're spinning /cancelaura it and cast that instead.
    Interesting, does this apply when using Arms in current gear lvl aswell? (not just CMs) Im thinking on Galakras when I play arms I use bladestorm but it never use it on the last phase when its single target, should I start doing that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Bladestorm is the superior talent for Challenge Modes since the biggest hurdle in them isn't damage on bosses but quickly bursting trash packs down. Would strongly recommend the EEoG trinket for the reduced BS cooldown but I haven't run CMs seriously since getting 9/9 gold on my Druid so not sure if it actually is the ideal trinket to have (heck, FFC might be good considering how much stuff there is to cleave).

Even outside of Challenge Modes Bladestorm is generally better than Dragon Roar. They're about equal on pure single target damage (BT Enrage -> BS -> cancel at last BS tick since Enrage wears off) but the moment a second target is close enough Dragon Roar's damage plummets.
    As stated, BS is pretty much best talent, as, when used correctly, is a dps gain over Dragon's Roar single-target.

Most SoO trinkets are trash for C-modes. Its better to just get a few vendor trinkets for C-modes
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Yes tankz0.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    As stated, BS is pretty much best talent, as, when used correctly, is a dps gain over Dragon's Roar single-target.

Most SoO trinkets are trash for C-modes. Its better to just get a few vendor trinkets for C-modes
    Huh, I would have figured that EEoG at least would be nice since it's a normal ICD trinket proc in addition to reducing the CD on Bladestorm for trash clearing. Guess Relic is still king though.

Deleted
    Relic is pretty much still king on CM's yes. As far as EEoG goes, with the scaling down of the CDR on it, the difference in CD to normal BS and reduced isn't really of that magnitude to be worth giving up core stats on another trinket. Moreso because even with the normal 1 min CD on BS, it's short enough to have it up for every major trash AoE pull in most CM's

Quote Originally Posted by Hahnh View Post
    Relic is pretty much still king on CM's yes. As far as EEoG goes, with the scaling down of the CDR on it, the difference in CD to normal BS and reduced isn't really of that magnitude to be worth giving up core stats on another trinket. Moreso because even with the normal 1 min CD on BS, it's short enough to have it up for every major trash AoE pull in most CM's
    ^Took the words right out of my mouth.

Deleted
    About trinkets and cm's, if you are just going for gold and not server best times you are good to go with just about anything. Aslong as you play correctly I would not bother minmaxing your gear for it. Same goes for bladestorm or not on bosses, you can easily do gold without bothering with bladestorm ST even though it might be marginally better. Even so you would still want it for the next trashpack where it is significantly better, assuming it would be on cd if used on the boss.

As a Fury Warrior, it depends heavily on your weapons, I feel. With the two heroic (non-warforged) weapons that I've got, I hit for around 200K damage with each weapon per tick, and that's not even a crit. My crits (under Skull Banner) have gotten up to 500K with each weapon so I feel that since Fury can have gaps with downtime in their rotation, Bladestorm helps pick up the slack whereas Dragon Roar only fills a single GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyndras View Post
    As a Fury Warrior, it depends heavily on your weapons, I feel. With the two heroic (non-warforged) weapons that I've got, I hit for around 200K damage with each weapon per tick, and that's not even a crit. My crits (under Skull Banner) have gotten up to 500K with each weapon so I feel that since Fury can have gaps with downtime in their rotation, Bladestorm helps pick up the slack whereas Dragon Roar only fills a single GCD.
    You shouldn't be using BS during any major CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    While this is true, most people believe (falsely) that since the priority is MS > CS > BS, it doesn't matter what cooldowns are up, they follow that list.

Think Darkfriend was referring to Fury. For Arms BS shall on single target be used whenever it is off CD and both CS and MS is on CD. This means that the opener for Arms is: MS>CS>BS>BS>MS, after that you continue to use Slam while reck is up, and then convert over to the OP rotation.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Raptzor View Post
    ^Took the words right out of my mouth.
    It must've been when he was kissing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It depends on the fight. I can put Skull Banner to more use using it for a Bladestorm on Sha of Pride (Heroic) during a self reflection, where I can hit adds, the boss and fragments for fucktons of damage rather than just using it for single target purposes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyndras View Post
    It depends on the fight. I can put Skull Banner to more use using it for a Bladestorm on Sha of Pride (Heroic) during a self reflection, where I can hit adds, the boss and fragments for fucktons of damage rather than just using it for single target purposes.
    *during single target*, since it was fairly clear he was using it in that way, or at least strongly implied.