Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Elves love draenei, that's why there is at least 1 type of elf in every single zone draenei are present.
    we dont love draenei. they are ugly. they have squids for faces. and they make lousy drivers.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Elves are what happen when troll cousins get to friendly.

Troll granny: Tentiki, you stay away from Tonko, you two are going to make and elf!

Or so I've heard.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    they look all pretty and civilized, well dressed, highly intelligent, on the surface they look like everything a human wants to be, and it's not just one of them, it's all of them, whether the darker breed - night elves, with an almost insufferable morality - you don't get more lawful good than that, or the colourful blood & high elves - but...

they are always doing something dangerous, no one broke the world, except for the elves, true those same elves have saved it countless times still, but hey, ever heard of the naga, well they come from them, what about those demon fel elves, or the monsters they call wanted?

Furthermore, all quiet and civilized and peaceful seeming, but you seen one of those night elves fight, they have a savage brutality that gives savages pause for thought, is the civility the mask and the battle heat the true face?

Most recently, you have a bunch of blood sucking elves, they call them San'layan, then you look on the original group, and they all have fangs, albeit on the upper jaw only, but still .. is there more to the Elves than meets the eye?

Is Metzen cooking up something -- if you ever saw Dusk till Dawn the series, why do those female serpent nephilim remind me so much of night elves.
    This is the case with quite literally ALL elvish lore in ALL stories. Elves live so long that they lose faith in the world and their cynicism + intellect drives them to either dangerous ambition or celestial curiosity or both, and that can be perceived as monstrous when they make great sacrifices.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    And gnomes are what happen when rock giants take a shit in an enchanted forest.
    We're not giant poop!

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Elves opened their home to the Draenei after they realised they weren't demons and offered to clean up the mess their crash caused.
    Mostly blood elves though. The only zone without blood elves is Zangarmarsh, which has night elves instead.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, you're *rock* giant poop.
    That's just the troll in you talking.

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nah they aren't. Compared to warhammer ones, WoW elves are pretty, soft and nice.
    Yeah we need some Dark Elves, orgys, torture and slaughter everywhere.

Night Elves are completely different. It wasn't cynicism that drove Azshara and the Highborne to do what they did nor was it curiosity, it was out and out powerlust. Night Elves have maintained immense power and immortality *after* winning the War of the Ancients, and have demonstrated that such attributes can be responsibly used. Other races always lust for power and immortality in the WoW story, it turns them into what the Night Elves learned and vowed never to turn into. Plenty of opportunities to regain immortality at the cost of their benevolence have presented themselves, very few Elves have opted to go down that road even then.

- - - Updated - - -

I know, you're *rock* giant poop.
    it is a show of immense charracter, i mean, how manypeople do you see around you with that level of integrity, but here you have an entire race of people like that - it's incredible, for me, that's what made me actually ike them and appreciate them. i was also quite touched by the high elves' decision to live without magic in the period when there was no sunwell, even though it could have meant death for them, that same fear drove many of the blood elves to indulge in the more dangeorus and more volatile fel magic, it took character to refuse amidst the grief and hold to what was right,

high elves did for a long time show that magic could be used respnsibly without drawing the legion's attention, something the Elves that banished them didn't believe could happen and felt Darth'Remar's boast was a disguised cry of desperation to satiate the magic addiction. well there is nothing that i can proves that it wasn't at least partly magic addiction driven, but he was right, because until they taught humans magic, they used what little magic they could remember and build upon for 7,000 years.. however the night elves were also correct, the high elves were affected by the magic, they were completley addicted to it, but it was not like in Azshara's day, they at least seemed to have control..until it was taken away, and a large chunk of the survivors started turning real bad fast, if it wasn't for the Naaru's intervention (the story goes), they would have all followed kael'thas into the arms of the legion. not the high elves tho, it's rather admirable that they weren't willing to do anything to satiate their pangs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah we need some Dark Elves, orgys, torture and slaughter everywhere.
    That's the spirit !!! Also some combat drugs, incubi and mandrakes. With that blood elves would be much more interesting race.

If elves are monsters in disguise, Orcs are monsters in plain sight.

If all Orcs were genocided, Azeroth would greatly benefit immediately. Think about that.

They are ALL Old Gods!!! Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Night/Blood elves monsters?

I show you an elven monster.
    that's dark stuff, you shouldn't read stuff like that.

Deleted
    All the races are capable and do evil things. Look at individuals not the race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Why not ? It's great read, and my second favourite thing after light novels. Gore is awesome.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Nah, it's 40K. Grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    If elves are monsters in disguise, Orcs are monsters in plain sight.

If all Orcs were genocided, Azeroth would greatly benefit immediately. Think about that.
    Battle of M. Hyjal would've gone swell without the Orcs yeah....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann