Warrior PvP bug?

Hey all,
    I love warriors, I have been playing one forever. I enjoy them so much - that I reroll one every now and then just to pvp my way thru the levels.

Something I have noticed this time thru tho - it does not appear that the warrior damage is being affected or mitigated by the base 40% pvp resilience stat that all toons share.

For example - at level 45-52 thus far, my shield slams ... that hit in instances for 2k reg, 4-5k crit are hitting for almost that exact same damage in pvp. I was regularly criting players for 4.7 and 5k with the shield slam. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't the best hit that I am capable of be around 40% lower in pvp than it is in pve due to resilience? Don't get me wrong - I enjoy destroying my opponent in pvp as much as the next guy, but I like it to be a straight up, skill vs. skill type of encounter, not a "this ability is bugged" type of scenario.

I was one-shotting hunters, monks, pretty much all clothies and even a paladin at one point. This does not seem to be similarly balanced with other classes at the same level and gear (looms) that I have.

I am an old hat at the pvp thing, and I know that there is a level-based power scale, where different classes are the top of the food chain at different level brackets ... (ie. hunters/rogues at the lowest end and then other classes as the level-based abilities come available to them, etc.) but there is no reason that I should be one or two shotting pretty much anything that I target.

Anyone else see this, experience this or have this happen to them?
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no "bug." The games skills scaling wise are just broken between levels 20-85. Before Cataclysm, abilities used to have an upgrade system where you needed to visit a trainer to make an ability stronger. This kept your character on par with things around your level, one shotting never existed then.

Now they just "baked in" the upgrades and the result is a level 40 character being able to hit as hard as someone who is level 80. The abilities themselves are just scaled wrong and they don't care because they don't care about leveling. They actually want everything to be faceroll because they believe that leveling should be the "learning" part of the game.

It isn't just Shield Slam either. DK's have Blood Boil and Death Siphon where those abilities deal more damage than Obliterate until around 85. Paladins are broken with Eternal Flame and Avengers Shield.

Warlords of Draenor should fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Scaling?

I understand what you are saying about the scaling issue - I played back in the day. My wife and I were in the beta.

But even if the scaling were such - that I would be doing the same damage at 40 that I will be at 80 - it should still be reduced in pvp by 40% due to the new base resilience.

So if I am hitting pve mobs for 5k, then the absolute hardest I should be able to hit a pvp target is 3k due to resilience. Yet I am regularly hitting pvp targets for the same 5k - that's why I called it a bug.

I have been on an alt leveling kick in the past few weeks due to a RaF bonus and I have noticed this discrepency:
    My other classes seem to all share the 40% reduction in dmg in pvp except for the warrior.
    Warlock dots hit pve for 4-500, in pvp hit for 250 - 300.
    Ele Sham lightning, same thing 5-600 in pve, 3-400 in pvp.
    Warrior 4-5k in pve, 4-5k in pvp ... seems like it's bugged.
    I just wondered if anyone else noticed this.

Attack a mob your level, attack a player your level (in the world) with no non-warrior buffs. Heavy repercussions on both or neither. Then you can know if there's a bug or not. Are you sure shield slam doesn't just overkill vs mobs or something?
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Your ilvl is scaled up so that may explain why you seem to be hitting harder than you should. If you are level 15 your ilvl will scale up to match someone who is level 19. So you would want to compare pve damage at the max level of that bracket. I imagine this is why your skills appear to be hitting just as hard in pvp as in pve.

Resilience and the pvp healing nerf does not seem to affect duels at all - I hit and heal for the full amounts in duels.
    This is only in pvp - and I have recap stats from the dungeon runs, and from the BGs - for every one of my other classes there is a roughly 40% decrease in damage done between the two recap histories ... for the warrior it is almost exactly the same.

If it were an ilvl thing, then the other classes would parse similar numbers, but they are not.
    Does anyone else have a warrior that is between 20-70 that can check this for themselves?

Don't you get 15% extra damage and buffs from other classes in dungeons?

Not more than my own battleshout - 10% atk power, in either event, that would mean there is an even bigger bug ...
    In pvp there is supposed to be (at the lower levels) a base of 40% pvp resilience. This is supposed to reduce all damage taken from player sources by 40%.

So if I can do a 5k hit in a dungeon group with all the possible buffs and debufs and bonuses and what not, then the absolute best possible hit I should be able to lay on a pvp target would be 5000 x .60 = 3k.
    But this was not the case - I was regularly hitting cloth, leather, mail and even plate for 4500 - 5500 with on unfortunate monk getting a 6200 damage shield slam in alterac valley at level 52. That particular monk only had 5300 ish hp ...

I don't know what I am missing, but it just seems like the math that has applied to all my other toons - I have 4 of them that I am leveling thanks to the RaF bonus ... all do 40% less dmg in pvp, but my prot warrior does the same pve / pvp makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiett View Post
    Not more than my own battleshout - 10% atk power, in either event, that would mean there is an even bigger bug ...
    In pvp there is supposed to be (at the lower levels) a base of 40% pvp resilience. This is supposed to reduce all damage taken from player sources by 40%.

So if I can do a 5k hit in a dungeon group with all the possible buffs and debufs and bonuses and what not, then the absolute best possible hit I should be able to lay on a pvp target would be 5000 x .60 = 3k.
    But this was not the case - I was regularly hitting cloth, leather, mail and even plate for 4500 - 5500 with on unfortunate monk getting a 6200 damage shield slam in alterac valley at level 52. That particular monk only had 5300 ish hp ...

I don't know what I am missing, but it just seems like the math that has applied to all my other toons - I have 4 of them that I am leveling thanks to the RaF bonus ... all do 40% less dmg in pvp, but my prot warrior does the same pve / pvp makes no difference.
    This is very odd, because in dungeons you should be getting some vengeance, where in PVP you'd only get vengeance in AV or IOC if you're tanking NPC's (and even then, I'm not sure they count either.)