Disc Priest (Blood Elf)

DPS:
    Arcane Mage (Undead)
    Destro Lock (Undead)
    Surv Hunter (Troll)
    Surv Hunter (Troll)
    Ele Shaman (Troll)
    Fury Warrior (Tauren)

Note.. I only listed 9 people as we are current looking for a 10th. We are attempting to 1 Tank which is fine for phase 2 as the DK can solo tank, but I have been unable to find a reliable 10th.

My question is, what is the best way to set up the groups. Even with weak/decent DPS 10th, we are hitting about 27/28. We've tried a number of combinations and the results are usually the same. We usually attack the first three groups and then split half the raid on each back group.

On that note, would it be more beneficial to grab a 2nd Tank or pick up a 7th DPS?
    With the 7th DPS, I know we will be able to AVOID the Terrace transition because when we were running 6 DPS and a not so good 2nd tank, we'd hit phase 3 before the Terrace intermission about 75% of the time. And if we didn't hit Phase 3 at that point, we would of gone into Terrace intermission with the boss sub 15%.

Unfortunately, I do not have any logs, but I will be running some tonight.
    Last edited by smtkin; 2014-07-28 at 07:11 PM.

I dont know alot about dk tanks but tanks should do alot of dps by managing their vengeance before dragged to jade temple.

For my raid group, we split the raid into 5 groups. Bear tank + pally healer + disc for one group, brewmaster tank solos one group, hunter + lock for one group, mage + ele sham for another grp, and mage + hunter for the last group.

Both hunters should be able to use binding shot to stun all three for 2 groups in the back (near Garrosh). Back groups DOT the middle group as they run to the back group and the middle group splits up to help the back groups after their pack is done.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add this. In order to maximize the tank vengeance, it is better if the pack the tank is dpsing is stunned so that the melee swings from small adds do not lower the tank vengeance.

Our group had the same issues initially, it just takes some trial and error. For us we send our hunter, disc, ret, spriest left. Rouge, lock right. Tanks take care of middle, and ww monk and lock on back right. We are usually ending with 21-22 energy. I would suggest 1 heal 2 tank if your disc is comfortable with it. single tank with 2 heals is good too

Edit: also your Dk can take the chain lightning that the wolfrider casts and use it in the transition to half health a pack of adds
    Last edited by Pewpewmagic; 2014-07-28 at 07:42 PM.

I am not sure how you are doing each individual group but a destro lock with two other DPS with him is wasting a lot of damage. I would do this:

Front left: Destro lock and both healers. Lock saves embers and can kill two easy with the double chaos bolt. Healers both smack away at the last one (discuss ahead of time which the lock will be CBing) and the lock finishes it off.

Front right: DK tank and Fury warrior. This group will melt and then they get to the back ASAP to help wherever.

Middle: Everyone else.

Back left: Two best DPS of the five remaining. By best I mean at quick multi target damage, not best patchwerk.

Back right: Three worst DPS of the five remaining.

After a few attempts you will know which back group needs more help from the finished front groups. Make sure everyone uses a potion. When the middle group dies, if any bubbles spawn, DO NOT WASTE TIME GETTING THEM. I cannot stress that enough. If your five DPS doing the middle waste any time getting that bubble then you will wipe. They have to just go to their next group and pew pew. Worry about bubbles after that. Use CDs to keep people alive. Your healers should be fine if 2-3 people do not get the bubble. You obviously want everyone to get it but if not, no big deal. Everyone has personals, healthstones, you have demo banner, rally cry, etc.

Depends how good your dps is. Skipping terrace while 2 tank 2 healing is actually a thing now.

Deleted
    Destruction warlocks can solo a pack.

Enter with 4 embers, two conflagrate charges, glyphed havoc and shadowfury.
    Target numbers: http://s2.postimg.org/i0nd08tqx/adds_in_transition.jpg

Spell order:
    F&B immolate
    Rof
    normal conflagrate on 4
    normal conflagrate on 5
    havoc on 5
    shadowfury
    chaos bolt on 4 (copyed to 5)
    chaos bolt on 4 (copyed to 5) ~ healers stun around now
    - 4&5 are now dead
    chaos blot on 6
    shadowburn on 6
    move to the last group shadow burning as you go.

Don't worry about popping bubbles just be as fast as you can, one should be left up from the last group everyone can use it before the first smash.

If you solo tank the tank can solo a group freeing up the rest of the dps to just focus on 3 groups.
    Last edited by mmoce17ce7b114; 2014-07-29 at 01:01 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to solo a group with a DK tank really isn't recommended, at least in the true sense of solo. You will likely need 2-3 rounds of interrupts to get them job done in a decent amount of time. Which on 10 man depending on composition is rather difficult to arrange given how strained a lot of compositions are. When I go in on my DK and my DPS cloak procs, along with my skeer crit trinket proccing I will do a lot of damage. Otherwise my damage is fairly average. Tank vengeance, while high will taper off before the first intermission starts.

With a paladin/warrior tank you can easily solo a pack with just that class alone. I do it every week on my alt paladin and it's fairly easy. My DK, even being more geared wouldn't be able to do it unless we magically changed some of raid to blood elves to cover more AoE interrupts.

Your group looks fine to do the intermission with. I would divvy up your group to take out 4 packs at once, and then rush either the back left/back right when people finish their groups. It's what we do and it works out fine, assuming people actually load in time. The first phase intermission aside from getting comfortable with the couple empowered whirling corruptions is by far the hardest part of the encounter now, and even before the changes/iLvL upgrades it was still a huge part of it. If you find that you consistently have problems with that intermission, hold onto CDs and use your potions for that intermission. The phase 3 burn is incredibly easy now and if you do decide to solo tank it, I can't see you ever having a second empowered during phase 3.

Note that it's incredibly hard to tell your raid members not to pop CDs on the pull in P1. If you're looking to kill the boss quickly P1 intermission is literally the only barrier to seeing EWC and ultimately P4. P2 is an absolute joke, lol.

While the yellow bubbles help a lot in the first intermission I would literally just ignore that they are there. Beat it into your raids head that they shouldn't really worry about them until all of the adds are dead. I've watched our raid at times sit around bubbles waiting to pop them optimally when their are adds still up, which is retarded given the strict time restraints imposed on you during that intermission. Whirling corruptions require zero raid CDs if your healers are worth their salt. With two healers you can easily brute force through the first intermission with half your raid missing the buff.

We use 3 groups to start with.

Left / right is 4 people each (a healer incl) and mid is 2 2 people. 2 from left and right move up early and leave one person to mop up adds.

Like others said, its a matter of optimisation. You need to save resources before you are pulled up so warriors need rage, palas holy power and so on. Talent choice and positioning is also important. If a disc uses halo in the right spot you can knock over 10% off 9 adds. (NEVER take DS as disc) The holy palas dps will suck but he can stop 2 groups casting with glyphed blinding light / arcane torrent.

I'm not going to go into the groups but with the comp you have its just a matter of learning when to run up if you use the 3 grps and split off strat. You just need to get it into peoples heads to save resources, CD's and to pot if needed. Try to let your dps do their thing and let the healers lock down a little more since they have the tools for it. Most of your dps are quite bursty so it should easily be do-able. (Post logs when you get them!)

Deleted
    With the number of AOE interrupts you have doing 5 groups of 2 might be more beneficial than 3 groups of 3/4.

Having recently got this phase down ourselves we went from initial tries at around 28energy to now 18energy with time to spare to ensure we get the buffs on all etc.

Generally pairing very high burst/cleave dps with your two healers and then an even spread of dps with aoe stuns will work best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragonfu View Post
    Destruction warlocks can solo a pack.

Enter with 4 embers, two conflagrate charges, glyphed havoc and shadowfury.
    Target numbers: http://s2.postimg.org/i0nd08tqx/adds_in_transition.jpg

Spell order:
    F&B immolate
    Rof
    normal conflagrate on 4
    normal conflagrate on 5
    havoc on 5
    shadowfury
    chaos bolt on 4 (copyed to 5)
    chaos bolt on 4 (copyed to 5) ~ healers stun around now
    - 4&5 are now dead
    chaos blot on 6
    shadowburn on 6
    move to the last group shadow burning as you go.

Don't worry about popping bubbles just be as fast as you can, one should be left up from the last group everyone can use it before the first smash.

If you solo tank the tank can solo a group freeing up the rest of the dps to just focus on 3 groups.
    F+B immolate seems a waste here tbh as I'm fairly sure even an incinerate would do more damage considering they need to die very quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    F+B immolate seems a waste here tbh as I'm fairly sure even an incinerate would do more damage considering they need to die very quickly.
    Looking at my logs 1 2 3 it seems you might be right; as always with destruction it depends on the procs you have, if KTT procs as you get pulled in you can conflagrate twice onto garrosh and go straight into havoc chaos bolt.

Thanks for all the replies, ideas, and so on. After finding a decent 10th to pug, we were able to get Jade Temple down consistently again.
    We picked up a second Warlock as our 10th.

Of course. I derp'd and forgot to restart my logs when I went to restart my game so I didn't log anything usefull... I'm a winner.

A couple of notes:
    -As mentioned above, even though the DK is solo tanking, it is very hard for a DK to solo a pack by themselves compared to the ease of other classes.
    -All the interrupts that are listed are not sometimes used. They are there in case the mobs stay up longer than expected.
    -We decided using all of our AoE interrupts, excluding Shadow Fury from Warlocks, would allow us to focus more on DPS rather than interrupting when necessary. The reason I say excluding Shadow Fury is because we wanted the Warlocks to not have to worry about interrupting and just focus on DPSing at least more so for the first groups.
    -We were using our second pots while we were getting sucked into Jade Temple.
    -Ideally, we can have both hunter go BM for more overall damage, but the fear is they are not as fluent with BM, therefor while progressing on the fight might hurt us more than help.

Front Left:
    Fury Warrior
    Destro Warlock
    Ele Shaman
    (1st Cast: Disrupting Shout / 2nd Cast: Warstomp from Warrior)

Middle:
    Blood DK
    Surv Hunter
    Surv Hunter
    Disc Priest
    (1st Cast: Warstomp from DK / 2nd Cast: Arcane Torrent from Priest)

Right:
    Destro Warlock
    Frost Mage
    Holy Paladin
    (1st Cast: Blinding Light [Glyphed]/ 2nd Cast: Arcane Torrent from Paladin)

----
    Everyone would focus attack the first 3 groups expect the Shaman. He would save his cooldowns since we were pushing the boss to phase 2 every single time before the second Engineer. He would pop his CDS, Spiritwalker's Grace and Chain lighting the left pack 3 times on his way to the back left group. From then on he would basically melt the back left group to 50% before anyone else joins him. That is why the back right group is a little more stacked on DPS. He usually ends up with about 8-11Mil on the adds.
    ---

Back Left:
    Ele Shaman
    Blood DK
    Destro Warlock
    Fury Warrior
    (1st Cast: Cap Totem / 2nd Cast: Shadow Fury)

Back Right:
    Surv Hunter
    Surv Hunter
    Destro Warlock
    Frost Mage
    Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin
    (1st Cast: Shadow Fury / 2nd Cast: Binding)

With this set up, we were able to consistently get through Jade Temple while landing at 22/23/24 energy. I know we could even pick up the pace quicker, but this set up seems to be working in terms of interrupts and overall add DPS.

For next week, I'm going to be making some Drums of Speed to help us move from the front to the back even quicker. Might help take off an energy or two.
    Last edited by smtkin; 2014-07-29 at 08:49 PM.

Gj on getting that sorted.

Probably the next step for you is to get it done without pots. Since you are one tanking it its important to get p3 done before the 2nd EWC so pots will help there. The transition only gets smoother with practice. If you don't make the 25 energy without pots its worthwhile to do p2 a couple of times just to get used to the first EWC. Sure it will be a wipe soon after but its face time on a part of the fight you normally only get to see later.

Gl.

Put ur 4 best mobile dps out of the two hunters lock and warrior assigned to the *garrosh side* left and right these 4 players will also kill middle on the way through using their single target interrupts.

put a tank and one dps on the left side spawn point and the remaining dps on the right side spawn point.

Use the paladin as an additional stun wherever u are lacking. use the priest to support whichever section is slowest with extra dps.

I'd recommend

Garrosh left = hunter + ele, Garrosh right = hunter + warrior.

Centre = both hunters + warrior + ele (hunters and ele get single interrupts, noone leaves till it dies)

Spawn left = DK + Warrior, Spawn right = Arcane mage + pally + whichever dps / tank u pick up + priest.

On a side note BM is a vastly superior spec to survival, and is particularly better on this fight. I think the only class that comes close to beating me on down phase on my alt BM is combat rogue but BM is still better because it offers an AOE stun and does high damage to more then one pack.

heres how my group tends to do it.
    we got a MW monk, disc priest, 3 hunters, 1 ele shaman, 1 boomy, 1 pally tank, and 1 druid tank and me as a destro lock.

i take the front left pack with the ele shaman (who overkills my adds anyway so its w/e lol, i think he saves ascendance or some big cd spamming CL)
    one hunter takes the right with the pally tank (she spams Avenger shield on the adds and destroys them)
    our druid tank and boomy/ rest of the people take the mid dotting the adds while running through
    they end up heading to the back right pack, while me and the shaman take the back left.

we usually end up around 20-22 energy, once in a while we go past 24 and its a wipe but usually its not. I use darksoul at the start as a lock and by the time garrosh is ready to enter the jade temple my DS is almost up again so i use it right away.
    its good to save Cds sometimes, even 1-2 minor ones cause if u fail at the adds then the fight becomes a wipe so, ya.

theres a log below. it might help. its our kill. we have the boss on farm usually but sometimes we fuck up in p4 once in a while lol.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bv7kWB2YKawHxgX6#