On the fence on switching to rogue, I got a question.

So the idea of switching to mele dps stuck into my head and I can't shake it off. Still considering between monk and rogue.

The biggest question I have is about the down time people talk about when playing rogue. Is the wait for energy that bad? I played hunter for years and having no dead gcd's is amazing, I fear the wait for energy will be a huge turn off.

10+ Year Old Account
    As longs as you don't play Combat during the first 2 contents it's alright.

Just know this: Rogue may do great damage and have an incredible survivability but it's by far the most boring class. I still enjoy it because I'm topping meters but once that's gone what is left?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I still enjoy it because I'm topping meters but once that's gone what is left?
    What more do you really need when you're PvEing?

My bar is the biggest, the baddest, and it's got at least 1cm on anyone elses bar. That's how I like it.

[PVE] It is subjective. I find watching short cooldowns as a warrior and runes coming off cd as a DK boring.

I love playing my Rogue. They can do almost everything. Only thing they don't have is a mass aoe-defensive or offensive cooldown. However, Smoke Bomb is still good situationally (it is being nerfed but that is because of health pools) and Rogues are regularly given "assignments" because they can do and survive things other classes cannot, which is another way of bringing utility.

Also, dps is good - nice sustained and burst damage - and survivability is amazing: raids with 4 Rogues find high damage fights easier.

Rogues are great fun. Love 'em. Rerolled in WOLK and never looked back.

Deleted
    Don't switch to rogue - especially with the lack of flavour coming in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosweaver View Post
    So the idea of switching to mele dps stuck into my head and I can't shake it off. Still considering between monk and rogue.

The biggest question I have is about the down time people talk about when playing rogue. Is the wait for energy that bad? I played hunter for years and having no dead gcd's is amazing, I fear the wait for energy will be a huge turn off.
    Rogue are a class you either love or hate. I've liked them from vanilla and still do. They got loads of abilities...3 DPS styles, that play quite a bit different...so lots of choice...good DPS numbers usually, good survivability & bring quite a few handy raid/group abilities! I've always found them quite a fast paced class..but in a controlled not spammy kinda way!

Either way..try one out...you'll know pretty dam fast (within a day) if it's the class for you or not
    CPU: Ivy Bridge i5-3570K OC @ 4.2 GHz, Cooler: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2
    MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE, RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
    GPU: MSI R9-280X, Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE
    SSD: 120GB SanDisk SSD, HDD: 2x 1TB Seagate HDD in RAID 0
    PSU: OCZ 700W (multi-rail) PSU, Case: Cooler Master Elite 334U case
    Monitors: ASUS VE247H & ASUS VE228H Cooling: Totes cute Akasa 120mm Rainbow LED fans

Deleted
    Play combat in decent (not even good) gear and you won't have to worry about a lot of downtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyFresh View Post
    Rogue are a class you either love or hate. I've liked them from vanilla and still do. They got loads of abilities...3 DPS styles, that play quite a bit different...so lots of choice...good DPS numbers usually, good survivability & bring quite a few handy raid/group abilities! I've always found them quite a fast paced class..but in a controlled not spammy kinda way!

Either way..try one out...you'll know pretty dam fast (within a day) if it's the class for you or not
    Just keep in mind: Right now Blizzard is on the hating side.

Quote Originally Posted by CandyFresh View Post

Eh playing a low geared fresh rogue isn't very fun.
    Hi Sephurik

The wait time, particularly at the start of an expansion, will likely be startling. Assassination is often the go to spec at the start of an expansion which is easily one of the most basic and wait heavy specs in the game.

I would suggest Monk.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    The wait time, particularly at the start of an expansion, will likely be startling. Assassination is often the go to spec at the start of an expansion which is easily one of the most basic and wait heavy specs in the game.

I would suggest Monk.
    Monks have slowed down a lot in beta do to many nerfs to "make them act like a energy class" lol.
    Last edited by Wow; 2014-07-29 at 05:17 PM.

I'd say rogues have more free GCDs than any other DPS. Especially at the beginning of expansions. I like it, makes me feel more relaxed, and lets me focus on other stuff as well. But I don't have a problem with filling up GCDs on my hunter, so I think there's more to it than "You're either on the GCD-capped team or you're not".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Rogue may do great damage and have an incredible survivability but it's by far the most boring class. I still enjoy it because I'm topping meters but once that's gone what is left?
    Pickpocket items can be fun and sapping nubs can be hilarious. There ya go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Pickpocket items can be fun and sapping nubs can be hilarious. There ya go!
    I recognized the joke. But they have and will continue to take the fun out of pickpocketing. All the MoP nerfs were just ridiculous.