Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You can also do the "fish of the day", plenty of pools and fishing from pools requires a whopping skill of 1 in fishing, then sell those fish and if they aren't worth much turn them into ironpaw tokens and check what kind of cooking mats sell on your realm. On mine some specific ones sell 200g a stack and stack is 4 tokens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neegtop View Post
    Hello,

Yesterday at work I watched a 40min lore video on the warcraft universe.. I haven't touched WoW in like a year or so but the nostalgia effect kicked in big time for me and I went home pre ordered WoD and decided to re-roll on a new server playing as alliance (8 years horde yo,).

You are basically handed gear to get you into raid finder and crack on with Isle stuffs, within 20 mins i had killed celestials and picked up my Tier legs, dont worry this isnt a "omfg they give epics out for free now omg" but upon HS back to stormwind I went about the first thing I normally do when picking up a decent new item and looked to gem and enchant... and noticed I had 178g in my bag :-(. This presents a problem for me now being on the back foot I have to stop progressing on gearing up and start either grinding dailies or leveling professions from zero (which again for some of them is tough with no gold.)

My gripe/suggestion is rather than being handed a full set of 483ilvl (or whatever it is) when i boosted I would have rather had basic gear requiring me to start with heroic dungeons (not lfr) and maybe 1000g in the bank to get me going. I dunno if anyone else has boosted a fresh toon on a new server and run into the same problem but it does feel a little crippling atm.

Aside from that only played for a few hours tbf but a new server (Silvermoon EU) and new faction feels fresh and brand new and im enjoying myself so far.
    if you had leveled to 60 before boosting your proffs would have been 600 by now, however every gathering proff is used from 1-600 in pandaria.

also, dude picking silvermoon, i feel your pain when the xpac hits (30 min-2 hour queue to log onto the server)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    also, dude picking silvermoon, i feel your pain when the xpac hits (30 min-2 hour queue to log onto the server)
    At least he will have no trouble finding a raiding guild when he wants to at whichever level of scale hadcore - casual, unlike bazillion semi-dead servers with 3 raiding guilds left that Blizzard takes years to connect.

And yes, having no profs means you can pick mining + herbalism and just skill it in Pandaria and sell all the mats, that's always some extra gold. Having a prof at 600 doesn't automatically give you ways to make gold, because most of the patterns are gated behind discoveries and daily cooldowns. It takes months to kickstart a gem or glyph business, lots of mats to discover all the alchemy stuff, 21 days of tailoring / lw (and I presume bs) to even have mats for a 553 belt to sell, assuming you at least discover 1 pattern and not only useless pvp gear (while everyone has better from grinding jp -> honor or arena boosts), 30 days for a sky golem. I don't have an enchanter or BS but from profs I have I think flask business is the only thing you can start quite fast, assuming you invest in some mats to discover patterns and assuming flask selling is still profitable on your server this late into xpac.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2014-07-31 at 09:06 PM. Reason: typos

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing. A free boost to 90.... and complaints.

Yes, you have to pause in gearing up. Oh no, you have to play a bit for a few days to get some gold. So... do that. Run some heroics, run LFR. Do some dailies. Hell, you're 90. Look at the AH and see if leather is selling for decent amounts. Pickup skinning and find some concentrations of beasts and spend an evening leveling skinning. Skin everything, sell it all. Unless leather is dirt cheap right now on your server that would get you a few hundred to a thousand gold.

I'm sorry, but I find it amazingly sad that you can be given a max level character with decent gear and still complain about not getting gold.

**UPDATE**

Played for 3 days now with fresh toon geared up enough for SoO LFR and sitting on 2k gold after Thunder dailies and general bits and bob's, also managed to gem and start leveling enchanting so yeh maybe I was a little hasty in my concern seem to be off and rolling again

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Amazing. A free boost to 90.... and complaints.

Yes, you have to pause in gearing up. Oh no, you have to play a bit for a few days to get some gold. So... do that. Run some heroics, run LFR. Do some dailies. Hell, you're 90. Look at the AH and see if leather is selling for decent amounts. Pickup skinning and find some concentrations of beasts and spend an evening leveling skinning. Skin everything, sell it all. Unless leather is dirt cheap right now on your server that would get you a few hundred to a thousand gold.

I'm sorry, but I find it amazingly sad that you can be given a max level character with decent gear and still complain about not getting gold.
    Woah there son shine with you passive aggressive rant... the boost wasnt free pal fyi... Still had to fork out for it