Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    Tooltip's aren't always right, but I tested it, and NV as resto still causes damage from healing and overhealing.
    Generally speaking, the best source of information on an ability is the tooltip. Imagine that.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, its weird when blizz release "updates" and they are only to change tooltips.

Posted 9/29

"Nature's Vigil now has spec specific tooltips. Balance, Feral, Guardian now only heal nearby targets with their spells, not damage them. Restoration still damages nearby targets of their healing spells."

PTR Vigil says that it still damages nearby enemy targets and heals nearby friendlies, so I'd say it definitely still damages enemies.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    PTR Vigil says that it still damages nearby enemy targets and heals nearby friendlies, so I'd say it definitely still damages enemies.
    I'm not sure if there was a specific reason the damage component was removed for Guardian and Balance, but they took it out for Feral to deter the emerging playstyle of blanketing Rejuvenation on the raid to fill empty globals for bonus damage. A hybrid healing talent with no intended dps boost for a dps spec was providing a dps boost.

Resto doesn't have that problem.