Deleted

Merging Accounts for Achievements

Hello all -
    I have a friend with a lot of old school achievements - Scarab Lord, pvp ranks etc. Ive heard that you can somehow gain those achievements through account merge, but not entirely sure of the specifics. could anyone care to enlighten me? what are the exact steps, and can he 'unmerge' his account afterwards? does it make any difference to him if it isnt possible to unmerge?

Cheers

Only if you have both accounts on YOUR name.

Aka you can't merg his account with yours seeing you both used your own names as the owner.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Crawmerax View Post
    does it make any difference to him if it isnt possible to unmerge?
    Yep. If he wanted to play WoW sometime again in the future and his account couldn't be unmerged (highly unlikely they would unmerge accounts) he would have to start a new account, buy wow and expansions and start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Yep. If he wanted to play WoW sometime again in the future and his account couldn't be unmerged (highly unlikely they would unmerge accounts) he would have to start a new account, buy wow and expansions and start fresh.
    Not entirely true as the merge is merely of battle.net accounts and not the WoW accounts themselves. Basically you'd just end up with a single battle.net account with both WoW accounts on and there's no restriction with logging into different WoW accounts on the same battle.net account at the same time.
    Therefore both OP and his friend would be able to play at the same time, but they'd obviously have to trust eachother enough to be sharing a single battle.net account and they'd have to agree on one of them to change the name of their account so they could merge them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*