Lightbulb FotM content. Good? Bad? What do you think.

Let me preface this by saying that I have played WoW since Vanilla and have not yet played any of WoD beta. This post is a criticism of the game as a whole, not any particular piece of content. Now that introductions and disclaimers are out of the way, begin rant:

While I admire blizzard's dedication to adding new things to the game to keep players from becoming bored or burned out on any particular piece of content, some "flavor of the month" features which take dev time away from other projects keep popping up, get their hay-day, and are never used again. What I would like to see is content that enriches the game as a whole instead of as bait features for the next expansion.

I'm not saying these features are not appreciated, I just wish they were implemented in a way that has some staying power so that the content we "traded" for them (raid tiers, for example) aren't lost for something that will be used between levels X and Y, and never touched again. Garrisons look like they could be a pretty cool feature but will we ever touch them after WoD is old news?

The core experience of World of Warcraft has always come in two main flavors: PvE and PvP. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that everyone only plays for those two things, I'm merely suggesting that if you're going to take away dev time from delivering on that core experience that it be implemented in a way that lasts longer than one expansion. Agree? Disagree? Why?
    Last edited by blizziness; 2014-08-01 at 06:05 PM. Reason: clarity