Thread: WOD Feral PvE

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhambhoo View Post
    If you pop Incarnation... wouldn't you use shred most of the time, and make sure to rake right at the end to extend SR?

Am I missing something?

(Going back to feral after an expansion as WW)
    I have wondered this myself; I cannot remember if I read that the improved rake perk affects only the bleed part of the damage or the direct damage portion as well. At any rate, during cleave/multi-dot we'll be tab raking during inc, but it would make sense for us to be shredding when a target is above 80%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello cats,

could any of you nice beta cats take a look at this mega weak aura made by a friend for wod feral deeps rotation. It is in a state of a rough draft now so pointing out any mistakes observed would be much appreciated:
    copy paste of what he described it as:
    So what does it do:
    It tells you what to press and what to press after what you just pressed.
    How does it look?
    Like shit. I will improve it with icons instead of text later on.
    Why is it so big?
    Because WA lua does not support saves or advanced functioning, so all has to be tracked inside. I will improve it though.
    But feral is hard, are you sure you tracked everything ?
    No, If i did that, code would be ~100k lines instead of current 2000 (alas Swipemaster 2000).
    Things like pooling energy for Ferocious bite, Berserk, diminishing it for Tigers Fury are there though.
    Why does it say use "x", when i clearly have to use "y" ?!

Link to the aura: http://pastebin.com/R274SjiK Well, aura, it is pretty much an addon inside an addon

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    But feral is hard, are you sure you tracked everything ?
    No, If i did that, code would be ~100k lines instead of current 2000
    This code is 3 words per line without any reusability found.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    This code is 3 words per line without any reusability found.
    I have no idea what that means but I assume it is a comment about how the code itself is written. I as asking not quite about that: while this weak aura works just fine in game, the question was more about the rotational priority issues found, for example, perhaps it is set to tell to use one ability when an experienced feral would suggest another ability instead used at that point in the rotation.
    Last edited by Snaige; 2014-10-14 at 05:06 PM.

Guys dont let this thread die! lol. Just got 12% buff across the board and 25% to swipe. How we lookin? is swipe viable yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Papyscrap View Post
    Guys dont let this thread die! lol. Just got 12% buff across the board and 25% to swipe. How we lookin? is swipe viable yet?
    Not really. While it's nice that they buffed it and that they are at least looking at it, it is nowhere near good enough yet. Tab raking is still miles ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are really interested in discussing Feral DPS, this really isn't the place to do that. This is useful, but is not nearly as active for ferals as the fluid druid forums.

on topic: The 25% to swipe is basically useless; it makes swipe preferable at 10 targets instead of 11 in place of tab raking. It needs about another 50% to be better at 5+ targets over rake, maybe more.
    Last edited by Thandorr; 2014-10-18 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thandorr View Post
    on topic: The 25% to swipe is basically useless; it makes swipe preferable at 10 targets instead of 11 in place of tab raking. It needs about another 50% to be better at 5+ targets over rake, maybe more.
    Definitely hope Bliz lowers the threshhold on Swipe to less than 5 targets. Tab raking is about as fun as rectal surgery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Definitely hope Bliz lowers the threshhold on Swipe to less than 5 targets. Tab raking is about as fun as rectal surgery.
    Lol, I think 5 is reasonable, but I would be OK with 3+. Tab-raking on live at level 90 isn't close to how strong it is at level 100, I am actually looking forward to seeing our 2pc/4pc with 3/4 adds that will live for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thandorr View Post
    Lol, I think 5 is reasonable, but I would be OK with 3+. Tab-raking on live at level 90 isn't close to how strong it is at level 100, I am actually looking forward to seeing our 2pc/4pc with 3/4 adds that will live for a bit.
    reminds me of twins hc and abuse of rupture(mained rogue this exp) on 3+ targets

Yeah its pretty much the same as the rupture thing except they had to nerf the crap out of it because it was retardedly overpowered for a set bonus. Now its still OP, just not as much.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer