Deleted

Divine Burst, NEW TALENT

Divine Burst (New) Choose a level 90 talent. Instant.

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/175702-...st#18716-18738

Hmm anyone know what this is?

Most likely this (and the other one that got added, Shadowy Burst -- http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/175701-...sp#18716-18738 ) are all-in-one buttons for the L60 and L90 talent rows, so that you don't need Macros or re-pull the skills on to your bar when you change specs.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Most likely this (and the other one that got added, Shadowy Burst -- http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/175701-...sp#18716-18738 ) are all-in-one buttons for the L60 and L90 talent rows, so that you don't need Macros or re-pull the skills on to your bar when you change specs.
    ooh so like the mage bombs then?
    That would be nice!

Yep, celestalon had commented (a long while ago) t90 would work like mage bombs. It just hadn't been implemented because... well we're not mages.

I really want to believe mages are the favorite and spriests are the unloved bastard stepchildren.

....so I will. :3

Thats actually the best news for weeks. A genuinely good QoL change that cant possibly backfire and frees up a macro (I had a t90 macro so I didnt have to constantly change the keybind when respecing). Give that dev a cookie
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    I really want to believe mages are the favorite and spriests are the unloved bastard stepchildren.

....so I will. :3
    It's nice to have confirmation bias so openly admitted rather than dressed up as social justice self-righteous indignation for a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I wish it was holy form for dps.

So how does this work with 2 untargeted spells and one that needs a mouseover macro? If cascade has to be a "click to target" spell like holy word: serenity, I may never use it again. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    So how does this work with 2 untargeted spells and one that needs a mouseover macro? If cascade has to be a "click to target" spell like holy word: serenity, I may never use it again. Ever.
    I think you're misunderstanding (or maybe I am XD)
    I should say, this is all speculation cause I don't have the beta to actually test it, but based on my understanding and how I would expect it to work, the way I understood is is basically you'll just get a new spellbook item called "Divine Burst" that turns into whichever one you have chosen. It allows you to put just one icon on your bars that will change to your respectively chosen talent, rather than making us replace the icon on our bars every time we change the talent.

Unlike the HW spells, which is actually only 1 spell with 3 different 'forms' that changes depending on your chakra, this is an extra '4th' spell, that acts as whichever of the 3 spells you have chosen. You can still make macro's for them individually, because the spells exist individually, whereas the holy word spells do not.
    Additionally, the reason you can't make a mouseover for Holy Word: Serenity is because one of its forms - Holy Word: Sanctuary - has to be placed. This is different to a spell with no target like Divine Star or Halo. You can actually make a mouseover macro for Divine Star (I just checked in game on my priest), it's just that it obviously doesn't 'cast' it at the mouseover target, it just casts it in front of yourself as always. This means that even if you made a macro like this:
    #showtooltip Divine Burst
    /cast Archangel
    /cast Lifeblood
    /use PewPew Potion
    /use trinket
    /use synapse springs
    /use Bezerking
    /use swifty1shotstuff
    /cast [target=mouseover] Divine Burst
    Then it would cast cascade on your mouseover target if you have cascade chosen, or if you had halo or divine star chosen, it would cast them as per usual.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I will add that with cascade, a lot of players, myself included, macro it not as a mouseover, but as [target=player] so that it casts on ourselves and is immediately splitting into two. This helps to reduce the ramp up time at a very negligible hps loss, that is actually usually a hps gain because of the reduced 'ramp up' time. In WoD however this may likely become bad practice because of the AoE capping and fact that ramp up time will often be much less of a concern with the WoD healing model.

^ That is indeed how Divine Burst works.

(Not sure what's a "click to target" spell is though, "/cast [target=mouseover] Holy Word: Chastise" works as Serenity if you're in Yellow Chakra... At least on beta it does. It can also place a Sanctuary. (well, still have to click once more))
    Last edited by laplacedemon; 2014-08-23 at 06:28 AM.

And I should also add that its probably not as good in 10man as it is in 25man - 1/10th of the total heal being reduced rather than 1/25th. Idk, draco would probably know more categorically if its still worth doing in 10man.
    My gut feel.. is it's still worth using. Removing that initial cast travel not only reduces the ramp up time, but makes it a lot faster to react with too - you don't waste crucial (milli?)seconds targeting someone, you macro cast it on yourself and it's already split, choosing the 2 most injured distant targets in range for you while you focus on whatever it is you need to do. I think that aspect is actually more important in 10man than the reduced ramp up time is in 25man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    ^ That is indeed how Divine Burst works.

(Not sure what's a "click to target" spell is though, "/cast [target=mouseover] Holy Word: Chastise" works as Serenity if you're in Yellow Chakra... At least on beta it does. It can also place a Sanctuary. (well, still have to click once more))
    bah well there you go, I'm a holy noob, shadow is my OS. I tried holy for healing the 2 tanks on split method hc shamans because i thought it was perfect (we had 5 people up there during progression, 3 heals (yeah i don't even hey), seemed like holy had perfect synergy for healing 5 people under constant, heavy dot damage (yellow chakra renew refreshing with FDCL + + PoM + DI + Serendipidy PoH + CoH + 4 set). Nek minnut, falling ash. Turned out disc mad falling ash into a joke, and was still way better for the rest of it too. I reckon i could solo heal it now with glyphed Binding Heal. Might have just had something to do with my lack of holy experience, but I reckon its just absorbs way way too meta for MoP healing design. I didn't even bother with holy on Malk, our warrior tank wanted to solo tank blood rage, so Pain Sup + Barrier it was. I'm still topping the healing sadly, even on the weeks I forget to get halo and still have divine star on.