Deleted

How are you performing in 2v2 as SHADOW?

Hey I've been doing so 2v2 and i have noticed that shadow is not performing so good in 2v2.
    They are most of the time trained down and if playing with a healer vs another healing comp its extremely hard to score a kill.

Do you agree?
    How are you performing as shadow in 2v2?

- - - Updated - - -

If you hate yourself? Shadow is the best spec to do 2s in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dishonoured View Post
    Sigh. Sadly he is right. Without going into too much detail, Spriests don't stand a very good chance in 2's. They are a class that shines when there are multiple targets. So in 5v5 and BG's we are alot more fun. After trying with my partner for, what seems like forever, I switched to something else and we started winning immediately. I am hoping that in WoD they bring them on par with everyone else... as I LOVE the style of the Spriest.

Deleted
    This sooooo much!
    The only time you will have a chance (in my experience) is if you play with a Mage in skype (or other voice com).
    Even then, if you face a rogue/hunter or a comp using either a rogue or a hunter (some times even a Monk) you will get rekt.

Its very very hard to even get 1 cast off.
    Majority of the time you will spend CC'ed or trying to do a comeback after all the CC och facerolling everyone els can pump out at you.

My point is:

Even if you are Undergeared try to get some friends to help you cap in 3v3 or 5v5.
    And you will regain some hope.

If you have a Mage and a RestoDruid / HolyPaladin Friend my advice is to ask them to help you.
    Godcomp (shatterplay) or FirePlay is VERY strong even today.

If you wanna play some 5v5 go with:
    You / FrostMage / UnholyDK / RestoDruid / MistMonk

I have tried both these comps and they are incredible strong!

I was almost sure I was the only one thinking this up until recently when I spoke to a few Shadow Priests telling me the struggle this spec entails in 2s. I would say it's simply due to the damage mitigation we perhaps lack. Dispersion is great don't get me wrong, and we definitely need it, but I'm talking about something like the damage taken reduction buff whilst in shadow form being brought back. Our CC is fine, Survivability in terms of self-heals are sufficient - but if caught in a CC ourselves when Dispersion is on CD, even our other minor defensive CDs aren't enough to keep us alive.

A lot of bad priests will say it's not very good. The spec is fine, I've been selling 2v2 wins most of the expansion and it's put me near gold cap. shadow burst with three orbs up and insanity is equal to enhance burst and mage burst. Combine that with void tendrils + fear and spec guise, the spec is doing quite well.

The cons are it's VERY easy to stop the burst and cloth armour is fairly weak. We also have one defensive that can be locked out (who the fuck thought that was a good idea?) People complain that a teammate is required to peel for you during burst or to peel enemies off you. The exact same thing applies with every class. Get teammates who know how to protect you during burst or who know how to cc.

In before the hordes of shit priests come here and say I'm wrong.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    A lot of bad priests will say it's not very good. The spec is fine, I've been selling 2v2 wins most of the expansion and it's put me near gold cap. shadow burst with three orbs up and insanity is equal to enhance burst and mage burst. Combine that with void tendrils + fear and spec guise, the spec is doing quite well.

The cons are it's VERY easy to stop the burst and cloth armour is fairly weak. We also have one defensive that can be locked out (who the fuck thought that was a good idea?) People complain that a teammate is required to peel for you during burst or to peel enemies off you. The exact same thing applies with every class. Get teammates who know how to protect you during burst or who know how to cc.

In before the hordes of shit priests come here and say I'm wrong.

You aren't wrong in that we provide great burst, have decent CC, and can provide a good thing. Shadow has a very fun playstyle as well. You also have to be a top-tier player and play with a good partner to get really anywhere. It's extremely easy to lock Shadow down no matter how good you are, you have not nearly as many defensive capabilities as many other classes, and your offhealing has been nerfed to great lengths. You go to such greater lengths to play a Shadow Priest as such as Balance Druid or Elemental Shaman who can provide what we can and more.

Also I don't really understand how selling 2v2 really explains the capabilities of a Shadow Priest? It isn't hard to drop extremely low rating for extremely fast sells non-stop and then solo 2 players with PvE gear or Grevious/part Prideful. Shadow Priests have to be babysat over anything else 10x more. But I mean I guess people like Talbadar and Khryl are wrong too and terrible as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    1407 rating in 2's here. Its not much but I'm proud of it. And I'm not even in full prideful. Infact I was just doing 2's to get a damn offhand because I can't seem to get one from SOO because they just don't drop for me.

You aren't wrong in that we provide great burst, have decent CC, and can provide a good thing. Shadow has a very fun playstyle as well. You also have to be a top-tier player and play with a good partner to get really anywhere. It's extremely easy to lock Shadow down no matter how good you are, you have not nearly as many defensive capabilities as many other classes, and your offhealing has been nerfed to great lengths. You go to such greater lengths to play a Shadow Priest as such as Balance Druid or Elemental Shaman who can provide what we can and more.
    Also I don't really understand how selling 2v2 really explains the capabilities of a Shadow Priest? It isn't hard to drop extremely low rating for extremely fast sells non-stop and then solo 2 players with PvE gear or Grevious/part Prideful. Shadow Priests have to be babysat over anything else 10x more. But I mean I guess people like Talbadar and Khryl are wrong too and terrible as well.
    You said all that needed to be said, completely agree.

Shadow Priests have to be babysat over anything else 10x more. But I mean I guess people like Talbadar and Khryl are wrong too and terrible as well.
    no really, they don't. Perhaps you should get better.

Deleted
    Hi, i just recently started playing 2s for fun with a restoshaman friend of mine. I started at 530 ilvl and am currently still missing 7 550 pieces.
    We just played for the sake of playing and never looked at our mmr or lr. Yesterday he reached 2k rating and i'm almost there too, so i don't quite get what all the fuzz is about in this thread. I am playing as a troll with 2 dps trinkets and my damage simply wrecks everything. This paired with awesome support for your healer and shadows being a relatively tough target if played right i feel like we are fine. Just make sure to grip every trap you can't take or pre-md and don't get too greedy while trying to score a kill.

I have yet to see somebody who does more damage than me in a 2s game and we faced a bunch of arena masters and even cataclysmic gladiator mirzka.

TL.DR. Shadow has it a bit harder in 2s compared to other classes, but if you just focus on staying alive while doing as much damage as you can you will put out a
    fuckton of pressure. Like i said i am nowhere to a pro pvp'er nor am i fully geared.

As in PvE all most people do is QQ on these forums until somebody confirms their "shadow sucks" theory and then rant on about "Wow much blizzard, very balance, such fair" .

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    no really, they don't. Perhaps you should get better.
    I'll get right on that, thanks for the insightful advice. +1, A+, High-Five.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    We just played for the sake of playing and never looked at our mmr or lr. Yesterday he reached 2k rating and i'm almost there too, so i don't quite get what all the fuzz is about in this thread. I am playing as a troll with 2 dps trinkets and my damage simply wrecks everything. This paired with awesome support for your healer and shadows being a relatively tough target if played right i feel like we are fine. Just make sure to grip every trap you can't take or pre-md and don't get too greedy while trying to score a kill.

I have yet to see somebody who does more damage than me in a 2s game and we faced a bunch of arena masters and even cataclysmic gladiator mirzka.

TL.DR. Shadow has it a bit harder in 2s compared to other classes, but if you just focus on staying alive while doing as much damage as you can you will put out a
    fuckton of pressure. Like i said i am nowhere to a pro pvp'er nor am i fully geared.

As in PvE all most people do is QQ on these forums until somebody confirms their "shadow sucks" theory and then rant on about "Wow much blizzard, very balance, such fair" .
    Shadow doesn't "suck" in PvE, nor does it "suck" in PvP. 2s is a terrible concept to look at for a Shadow Priest though and there's plenty of proof backing it up. If anything it's a "balanced" spec compared to other casters. Melee has too many gap closers and Shadow has considerably had their defenses, offhealing, and pretty much everything else close to gutted. It's a painful experience to play 1.8k+ without a good Resto Shaman/Druid. Now in RBGs, 3s, 5s? Watch out for a SPriest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post

It's mostly the bad pvp'ers who bitch about it because they are not very skilled and want a class to faceroll with. Our offheals are still decent, lifegrip is still a game changer and mass dispell is still op as fuck. Now if only symb gave us something useful like cyclone instead of shitty tranq :P

Deleted
    2s just isnt the shadow priests game, they are too easy to keep under control for both other ranged classes, aswell as melee classes. They however SHINE in 3s, 5s and BG's. This is mostly because they need another DPS with them to do pressure on the other team if you are being trained.