Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    They cant, because we dont know the end of WoD Yet, which would spoil the end of WoD :L

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    They cant, because we dont know the end of WoD Yet, which would spoil the end of WoD :L
    Yes we do, we know that the end boss is Grom, and that no major demon is a boss in WoD. So this is a x pack that is only about the Iron Horde. And in short. Be prepped to spend 50 dollars a year, ontop of a sub, to play WoW. Which makes it now... the most expensive game to play. Yay
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I'm not sure where this is coming from. to you mean easier to create content? Because nothing they've done recently suggests the market trend is towards faceroll content
    Yes, sorry if this wasn't clear.
    I meant content that is quicker and easier to make. More expansions and less raid tiers basically means more content that is zones, races, quests, five mans, and less content that is raids (which require much more balancing, more intensive coding for encounters, more elaborate and focused artwork, more really striking armor and weapons, more unique models, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Yes we do, we know that the end boss is Grom, and that no major demon is a boss in WoD. So this is a x pack that is only about the Iron Horde. And in short. Be prepped to spend 50 dollars a year, ontop of a sub, to play WoW. Which makes it now... the most expensive game to play. Yay
    Don't worry, they won't ever do yearly expansions. We'll be lucky to see the next one by 2017.

We'll just get a 7 month gap between 6.1 and 6.2. And then we'll have 6.2 for 16 months. Still wouldn't surprise me if they talked about the next expansion at Blizzcon. Why not? Let's just talk about the same upcoming expansion for 2 years in a row and set a permanent trend. Hell, why not 3? Then we can keep people hyped for 3 years and do little promotional vlogs about motorcycles to keep people tuned in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    To be honest, and I know a lot of people are doubtful, the big announcement I am expecting at Blizzcon 2014 is Titan reveal.
    Didn't they already semi-cancel Titan? I remember saying Blizz something like that... or at least putting 99% of the Team back on WoW again. Not sure though. And what about no big announcement? I mean Blizzcon is a few days before WoD launch so I guess they got enough to talk about, maybe Warcraft Movie will get a lot of attention considering they already showed some teaser on Comicon. Mabye something totally new?

And I doubt they would release a WoW addon and Titan in the same year, so 2016 is either unlikely for a expansion or Titan, but that would fit again ... 2016 WoW xpac, 2017 Titan, 2018 next WoW xpac.

all those speculations...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    The point here is as simple as this ''How much is there to spoil?''

They don't want to make the same errors they did in the past, Cata with the zone revamp and spread around max level zones. Just look to the world, how many free zones are there to acomodate new max level zones? A few ones, not enought for a entire x-pac, and like in Cata they are spread around the world.

In the other side, we know that Draenor has much more zones to the south, and judging by their previous statements about cata, they won't commit the risk of spreading new zones around the world. I think its quite obvious that next pac will be a continuation of WoD, and they can anounce it without spoiling the end of WoD.

Also, they have already CONFIRMED that 7.0 is already in development, all previous x-pac at this time where just concept art.

2 Raids, and perhaps 1 or 2 more patches with 5 man's means that 7.0 will be fineshed in 1 year/1.5 year, which means the perfect time to anounce it is next Blizcon. And i even think that marketing wise is not that bad, because doing so is actualy a way to calm down their playerbase an asure them that this time will be diferent. Which will prevent people from leaving the game.

Side note joke:
    Dude, am i defending them, i... i must have gotten somekind of fever, lol.