Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    And there is still no solutions to ddos-ing, no ways to find the identities of these assholes and no laws that can punish them.

If something isn't done in the near future, ddos-ing will be like painting graffiti on walls - any retard can do it and you only get punished if a cop sees you.
    Last edited by mmoc5b60d827e9; 2014-08-23 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbathed View Post
    A random twitter group took down battle.net just now. I'm pretty sure this isn't there first time. Why do people do stuff like this?

EDIT: The DDOS took some people down and left others unaffected. My friends and I got DC'd, and kicked off. Took about 2 minutes to get back on. But I'm not giving a "news update Bnet taken down for a minute" post. I'm asking why people would do stuff like this to big companies like WoW, if it leads to nothing but trouble and it doesn't really do much to a server.

EDIT 2: Took the name out and the link.
    So you create a thread about them and link their twitter.

Hmm, subtle pathetic attempt at advertising because nobody would care otherwise?....

Deleted
    Because they are incompetent idiots. DDoSing is like being a bully without brains. It doesn't take skill. It is simply a process of creating hundreds of thousands of connections to same server that server cannot handle so it drops connections from legitimate users.

Hacking does take skill, but those script kiddies suck too much to be able to hack battle.net (or anything for that matter), so they resort to bullying instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbathed View Post
    I'm more so asking, not about them specifically, but why people in general DDOS servers of big games. All it does is get them in trouble.
    Why don't teenagers obey their parents' rules?
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing thread because this is exactly what they want, people talking about them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."