Current State of game/Servers

I have free time for the next month or two and have been trying to decide if resubbing is worth it at this current time. Is there anything to currently do in game until the next exp drops. Such as run raids/horde gold/cm ect. ect. For some reason I have this vision that most servers are kind of dead or inactive with stuff to do since the game hasn't really seen many changes the past few months. Is the game still heavily populated and still stuff to currently do?

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is still heavily populated on heavy servers and hasn't really changed much on the medium ones. I dunno about the low pop servers. As for things to do...why wouldn't there be raids, CM's and so on?

7+ Year Old Account
    Most of the low pop servers have been merged so they are all effectively medium now (with some bordering on high). Medium are still medium. High are still high.

But are there still alot of people running raids/PVPing and such. I'm on Illidan which is a pretty high pop server.

10+ Year Old Account
    The stuff still to do is the same as it's been for 9+ months. Illidan will still have people doing stuff but it's not magically new... it's the same stuff that they've been doing since last Sept.

This game is still popular. My roommates are all playing it now.