Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    Every character has it's own.

NO ACCOUNT WIDE FOR YOU. BACK OF THE LINE.
    Well that makes me a bit sad. I need to quit my job so I don't fall behind lol. Or at least stop working 10 hour days. DAMNIT Real life, stop getting in the way!

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Now, I never thought they'd add it to the current incarnation of WoW. I assumed it'd be WoW 2.0 or something. And I want to make it super clear that I'm not advocating for any kind of BS twitch game like people have tried to make where you play with a gd console controller and "dodge" out of the way, which is what I'm afraid this'll end up being.

No, I want things like gravity. I want downhill racing. I want StarSiege tribes-like "skiing". I want lava that bubbles and rivers that flow and have currents. I want 3D dungeons with traps and Portal-like things, stuff like that. I want explosive shot to include a napalm-like burst which spatters on my enemies. I still want flying mounts but I also want air currents... I want weather. I want inertia and momentum.

But I'm weird like that. I also want the day/night cycle to not follow that of Earth, and I want NPCs to go to other places at night - some to the Inn/Bar, some home (not available) and I want new/different NPCs to come out at night.

Eh, we'll see.
    Things like the thunder king fight show they can add ´physics´ like behavior to the current engine. They also did some things with inertia and the joust event in Cata.

But there are a million things that could be called game ´physics´ and I hope half of them are never implemented. Having every river slowly move you downstream for no real purpose is just annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the welsh girlfriends are getting into the WoD inn's. (Sheep painting)

Also that guy making the dark portal login screens seems to be just playing around with his unity effects and hoping for best,the swords should at least match in symmetry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    I have to be super careful here. See, for years I went on and on about how much I wished they'd redo the old world so we could fly there. Then they did and I loved it! But it seems most people didn't.

Well, for the same amount of time, basically since I first heard about the PhysX physics accelerator that was going to be like the early 3D accelerators (kids: You used to have to buy a separate card to have rad graphics and colored lighting in your Quake FPS games. Get off my lawn.) I've been super excited for them to add Physics to the game.

Now, I never thought they'd add it to the current incarnation of WoW. I assumed it'd be WoW 2.0 or something. And I want to make it super clear that I'm not advocating for any kind of BS twitch game like people have tried to make where you play with a gd console controller and "dodge" out of the way, which is what I'm afraid this'll end up being.

No, I want things like gravity. I want downhill racing. I want StarSiege tribes-like "skiing". I want lava that bubbles and rivers that flow and have currents. I want 3D dungeons with traps and Portal-like things, stuff like that. I want explosive shot to include a napalm-like burst which spatters on my enemies. I still want flying mounts but I also want air currents... I want weather. I want inertia and momentum.

But I'm weird like that. I also want the day/night cycle to not follow that of Earth, and I want NPCs to go to other places at night - some to the Inn/Bar, some home (not available) and I want new/different NPCs to come out at night.

Eh, we'll see.
    No idea what your arguing about nor do i care but just wanted to say something i noticed about your post. You noticed an over use of a word in there? "i want i want i want" my inner granny is telling me to tell you this. "I want doesnt get!" its ok shes calmed down now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traits: Heavy Drinker, increases success chance when on a mission with a Pandaren.
    Fucking awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Icy Veins
    • One idea that came up was to make both Northrend and Outland a level 60 to 80 zones at half of their current speed and then allowing players to pick one to level through. Making this change would be fairly time consuming, so it is just an idea for now.

I love Outland AND Northrend. The Cataclysm zones far less, but at least the portals are useful. I would much rather skip Pandaria altogether.

Although if Blizzard did go through with the idea, I really hope that only the exp. required for those zones would be affected. The redesigning of Old Azeroth was a complete tragedy.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2014-08-27 at 08:14 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Things like the thunder king fight show they can add ´physics´ like behavior to the current engine. They also did some things with inertia and the joust event in Cata.

But there are a million things that could be called game ´physics´ and I hope half of them are never implemented. Having every river slowly move you downstream for no real purpose is just annoying.
    Maybe, but having to use a bridge to cross a raging river would be kinda cool. Would also make flying mounts much more valuable. And yeah there's physics in some of the encounters, but there's nothing like standing on a slope, jumping once, and then holding spacebar to start skiing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_tYMRyaj8s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Adding more team members delays project for like half of a year, only at Blizztards.
    I work in a smaller development team, but I can 100% tell you that getting new people in creates massive drag.

Fingers crossed (but I am not holding my breath) for no year long raid tiers in Warlords!

One idea that came up was to make both Northrend and Outland a level 60 to 80 zones at half of their current speed and then allowing players to pick one to level through. Making this change would be fairly time consuming, so it is just an idea for now.
    This is interesting. I had a similar idea to this except my thought were to make unpopular zones like Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley (who really sticks around in Outland long enough to need to quest in these zones?) scaled down to become alternative starting zones. Yes it would take a lot of work and revamping, but it would give those who, like me, are sick of Hellfire Peninsula a somewhat fresh alternative when leveling alts.

This also spawned another idea in my head: why not make challenge zones? Designed specifically for those decked out in full heirloom gear, these zones offer a more fluid leveling experience and buffed creatures that might actually pose as a challenge for these targeted players. In these zones, the player would not likely find their quest log full of green quests 3 levels lower than them. The zones would feature 2 to 3 mini bosses tied to quests that have unique battle mechanics somewhat on the level of mild brawler's guild bosses. Quest rewards would only reward off pieces (slots other than what you could get with heirloom) as well as unique transmog gear and toys.

I know blizz is mostly focused on end-game content, but as a player starting fresh on a new server, even with heirloom gear, I find my leveling experience dull and boring. Currently the only alternatives to questing are BGs and faceroll dungeons.

"One idea that came up was to make both Northrend and Outland a level 60 to 80 zones at half of their current speed and then allowing players to pick one to level through. Making this change would be fairly time consuming, so it is just an idea for now. "

Nah, I would've done different, during the Cataclysm when they changed the quests and the entire desing of the zones I would make possible to level from 1 to 85 in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdons, I would close the Dark Portal and shut down the Zepplyn services to Northrend and put portals in Caverns of Time to these two areas (It would make much more sense lorewise), then we would have two choices to level from 60 to 80...

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest problem with the zone/expansion flow is when I hit 60/70/80/85 mid quest, and the mob XP goes from 100 per kill to 10. I understand that they want us to move on to the new zones, but a lvl 68 mob in SMV should have the same HP and XP values as a lvl 68 mob in Borean Tundra, and if I want to stay in SMV and kill lvl 68 stuff, it should move my XP bar as much as in Borean Tundra. Ironically, I can sit in one place and do pet battles through 3 lvl's and the percentage of my XP bar stays the same as I gain lvl's. I literally have sat and killed the same 7 golden civets in the Vale by the Beast of Fable No-No and gone from 87 to 90 in like 3-4 hours AND lvl'ed a TON of pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I work in a smaller development team, but I can 100% tell you that getting new people in creates massive drag.

Fingers crossed (but I am not holding my breath) for no year long raid tiers in Warlords!
    Unlurking...

And, everyone is focusing on the drag of getting new team members up to speed, which is a known phenomenon, but there's also disruption in the existing team, and there can be a lot of drama and such from prima donnas and people having power taken away, or having to share power (new managers and art directors, etc), and, resistance to having to change their methods, workflow and dynamics to use a bigger team. That's also a VERY well known phenomenon, and one I've seen personally as a graphics professional of over 20 years.

I won't name names, but I've smelled prima donna exuding from several department leads at Blizzard. Their art department is VERY small considering the scope of the game, and they are no doubt a very tight knit group who fear change. Like hiring a girl artist. (They are pretty much a sausage party). Throwing new conceptual artists, and new artists for texturing, modeling, and gear design is no doubt something that takes a lot of reorganizing, and getting people to work in the Blizzard "style" and learning the workflow, but when you have some higher ups or veterans throwing monkey wrenches into the works because they're upset, that can slow down if not put on the brakes on a project instantly. I suspect this is part of their problem, along with mis-management, the turmoil from taking Titan away and moving all of them back (just the office logistics alone were probably a nightmare - take building with 1000 people, and this building with 800, merge smoothly and not interrupt the work. Good luck!), and some pretty high ranking people leaving, and the turmoil that causes...yeah, I kind of think Blizzard might have been a challenging place to work the last year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I don't like the idea of Outland and Northrend sharing the leveling experience from 60-80 unless they're revamped.

Sounds like a big waste of time.
    What the fuck are you even talking about. How does this have any relevance to the expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Why did you kill off the Hemo snapshotting? It was adding cool mechanics to the spec..."

I want to stab whoever wrote this in the eyeball and slowly twist the knife. The mechanic wasn't "cool"...it was just clunky. Blizzard does something to update the most prehistoric class in this fucking game and idiots like this guy go and complain. I hate people who think that wholly embracing every terribly-designed mechanic makes the "leet" or something.