Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamberav View Post
    The lich king and illidan look like battle pets. Very cute. If blizzard made a little LK and little illidan for their store, they would make a lot of $$$. Even more if the lk was on a little invincible.
    I thought exactly the same when saw them )) they're so cute ^^

Deleted
    Cute Lich King!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    anyone else remember the year there was no blizzcon. The stated pr spin from blizzard, at the time, was that they were just too busy working on the next expansion (forget which 1) and that they couldn't spare the time and effort required to put on blizzcon…yet this year with an expansion thats at least 6 months behind schedule not only are they hosting blizzcon they have developers on hand and attending every single industry event plus did azeroth choppers…my, my how priorities have changed and marketing has become so much greater than actually producing a worthy product on time.
    They've got more people on hand than they did in 2012. We don't know what happens behind the doors and I doubt sending a few people to do a few industry events really has that much effect on anything development wise. Blizzcon is an in company event, so it obviously requires them to host and manage everything to do with it. Sending people to an event is NOWHERE near the same as hosting your own. Be annoyed that WoD has been delayed by all means, but getting annoyed about a company /marketing/ their product? Christ the WoW community is NEVER fucking happy, why is everyone so bitter, all of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    You shouldn't be surprised though it's how it goes.

Company says something won't happen for x good reasons (cash shops), couple of years down (cash shops happen)
    They don't want to homogenize classes, bam abilities get thrown around, classes aren't unique anymore flavor goes down the drain

Then they put out an expac and it's perfectly acceptable in quality (according to them) then when we get to 60% through they talk about all their mistakes and hype up the next expac as the one that'll 'learn from those'.

Please we've been there. I'm so sad blizz lost its soul because of Activision/kotick
    C'mon, the devs arn't robots, a lot can change in a couple of years. If they never changed their mind about anything we'd be stuck with Vanilla class balances. People /do/ change their mind, the devs are human. Has the cash shop had any meaningful effect on the game? No. It's purely cosmetic mounts and pets. Yes the level boost is there, but really, most people don't want to level anymore, you even get a free one when you buy WoD, so it pays for itself straight out of the box. It's a time saver, nothing more, it doesn't give you an advantage over anyone else.

And yes, they do say they'll learn from their mistakes. Part of a mistake is that you can't forsee it. What they think works now might not work in the long term. What we think works now might not work in the long term. Things that work now, might not work in 6.2. And it's no good listening to the entire fan base because most of them just yell and scream without any semblence of saying anything useful, or contradict each other. Do we expect Blizzard to have clairvoyance now? They may have a bronze dragonflight in their game, but they certainly don't have them in the basement of Blizzard HQ in order to see exactly what might and might not work.

Certain things can only have the consequences shown by actually happening, or how certain things effect them over the course of an expansion. at least they do try and learn from their mistakes, which is why things change so much each expansion, as opposed to other companies who refuse to listen to their fan base at all. Nothing is going to be perfect all of the time (which the WoW fanbase seems to except without fail), evaluating, critiquing and admitting what you did wrong in your own work is very good practice.
    Last edited by elvor0; 2014-08-28 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That cop thrall just gave me an idea,instead of ETC90 or whatever they are now called they should make a WoW style YMCA video,coz that cop is uber gay!

Hmm seams its a fairly safe bet to say Warrior's will dominate PVE melee DPS right now and DK's will get an Obliterate nerf due to high damage in PVP.

I actually said out loud to myself "About f**ing time" when I read the change regarding black arrow CD resetting when it's dispelled. As a long time (long... long...too long) survival hunter lover, I've been wishing for something like this forever. I'd love some sort of dispel protection like Unstable Affliction has, but I'll take what I can get

Anyone know when these changes will hit the Beta servers?

So Searing totem is actually worth using now? About time!

Quote Originally Posted by Snaser View Post
    Anyone know when these changes will hit the Beta servers?
    Not until next week, as there are no new builds coming this week.

Deleted
    Frostbolt can no longer be used to heal the Mage's Water Elemental.
    Ok and... Why? I hope there is reason behind this to be revealed in the next expansion, because right now it just looks like a negative thing to do for those who like to solo old/low priority current content.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Not until next week, as there are no new builds coming this week.
    Aha, ok. Thank you for the information!

wow only 1 healthstone a fight now, interesting change

Deleted
    Frostbolt can no longer be used to heal the Mage's Water Elemental.
    WHY???????? Most mages weren't even aware of that spell and it helped a lot when trying to solo stuff.

Now I'm definitely abandoning my mage. All its fun has been nerfed into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    WHY???????? Most mages weren't even aware of that spell and it helped a lot when trying to solo stuff.

Now I'm definitely abandoning my mage. All its fun has been nerfed into oblivion.
    Personally, I ended up accidentally casting it on my water elemental when I deselected the wrong target, and didn't realize until the cast was over that I was hitting my water elemental.

Deleted
    Typhoon is constantly nerfed over the years while Thunderstorm is the same powerful. It was better than Typhoon from the start. Yet it is still the same. I don't get the logics. I don't think Thunderstorm is too OP. I just don't know why do they think Typhoon is. The knockback distance is so little it barely drops enemies out of melee range.

So huntards can heal their pets, warlocks can heal theirs as well but.. mages.. screw you. THANKS!

why has no one talked about the blood dk conversion nerf? itll turn into another useless talent due to the impossible ability to keep it running for any reasonable amount of time. blood dks were in a good spot in the beta and for some reason dks aren't aloud to be a top tier tank for even a single xpac. more warrior and op monk spam ftw. ):<

Deleted
    This drip feed of constantly changing information. Will we ever learn?

Why arent we getting a new build this week?

The more I like the general idea of WoD the less interested I am with all these warlock changes. Blizzard, I don't know if you think it's a joke or some sort of ploy but this shit is starting to get on my nerves and push me further away.