Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    What do you base that statement on?

Tanks average dps:
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...00011111000000

Top 100 logs average:

DKs are on-par with paladins in 25H on average, in the top parsing logs they are behind paladins by 20%~
    For 10 man they parse really well.

They are obviously not the highest dpsing tanks right now but they are not abysmally behind either. Compared to say healing specs vs MW/Disc
    Yet the dk bring 0 utility to the raid.

I would rather see them make something a bit more uniqe approach for paladins, make it so that we can do 75% of a pure dps damage but no healing instead, Don´t know how but somehting like a Cast time spell turning us from a Holy paladin to a Shockadin, giving new animations to most of our healing spells and making them do Damage instead...

Give it something like a 10 sec cast time, or make it instant if u want but unusable in Combat....

Quote Originally Posted by Citykid View Post
    I would rather see them make something a bit more uniqe approach for paladins, make it so that we can do 75% of a pure dps damage but no healing instead, Don´t know how but somehting like a Cast time spell turning us from a Holy paladin to a Shockadin, giving new animations to most of our healing spells and making them do Damage instead...

Give it something like a 10 sec cast time, or make it instant if u want but unusable in Combat....
    Or... you drop the hpal and bring a real dps that does 100%!
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

There is no reason why they can't make this happen for us. I know that lore isn't a deciding factor in these things but I want to point out that paladins are THE CLASS that has the most lore reason why it should be a frontline damaging healer.

We already lost SoT and SoR, not that we were using them before. Now we have Seal of Insight and Seal of Command. The latter is a joke, it's a leveling seal that the other specs lose when they get SoT and SoR. It wouldn't take much work for Blizzard to give us the old Seal of Faith with of course major modifications. Make it so that we get to switch between seals for 100% healing and 50/50 healing/dps. They can have so much interaction between our abilities. They can give judgment, CS, denounce and HoW interactions and make some of our damaging spells heal the beacon for % of the damage when in Seal of Faith.

It would be so easy to make and it would bring a great deal of variety to the class. For example, do you pick EF or Selfless Healer? Let's say that EF is better if you stay full healing mode the entire fight but what if a fight has portions where you switch to Faith healing for a time at which point judgment is often used. SH might be better in that scenario.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Deleted
    Newsflash: some people play a healer because they like to heal. If you want to dps as a healer there are already options available. Stop trying to force it on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I think every druid tick should also put absorb shields up. That would be pro.

Minus the whole it would be way over powered for one class to have the staple of another. Just sayin..
    You're comparing the mastery of one class to a BONUS OPTIONAL playstyle choice of another. Where were the people flipping out about this when MW took it from Disc Priests?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Newsflash: some people play a healer because they like to heal. If you want to dps as a healer there are already options available. Stop trying to force it on everyone.
    Still not even close to a valid rebuttal to paladins not getting the dps to heal option.

Even a seal that we could switch to that would do all healing as damage instead with the increased healing crits as damage would be cool. They used to have us the option to melee to get mana back which, while not particularly fun, was a cool little bonus option Paladins had. I don't remember getting pissed when shaman got the lightning bolt for mana back glyph.
    Holy Paladin
    Eltoshan @ Firetree
    Keeping you alive, with only one hand. Because I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Or... you drop the hpal and bring a real dps that does 100%!
    That wasn´t meant to be a dps specc to claim a raidspot, if u need Dps u don´t bring a mistweaver or att. Priest anyway. It was more of a fun way to Dps as a paladin, Doing Questing and doing Dungeons, maybe even play a abit in Arenas and Bg´s with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Citykid View Post
    That wasn´t meant to be a dps specc to claim a raidspot, if u need Dps u don´t bring a mistweaver or att. Priest anyway. It was more of a fun way to Dps as a paladin, Doing Questing and doing Dungeons, maybe even play a abit in Arenas and Bg´s with it...
    Yes, or, not get your spot taken on fights like Heroic Garrosh because of the low damage and high dps check.
    Holy Paladin
    Eltoshan @ Firetree
    Keeping you alive, with only one hand. Because I have to.

So u want us to be able to dps heal so we don´t lose our raidspot becouse there is a need for a dps healer to get the World first kill? is that when u soloheal the fight then with your dps/healing specc? and all other healers in the raid got benched becouse they where already replaced by dps? or u mean u need exactly 1 and a half healer to get the kill and the 3 other healers all where att. priests or mistweavers?

Or do you mean we should have a dps specc that can heal and do 100% dps? that would be cheating...

well, my Point stands, i rather see something fun then something that has to be the same as every other healer has. Let them do 50/50 healing/dps, let us do 25/75 then...