Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Because free movement is bad class design unless hunter then because yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should every class be the same? There should be things that make classes unique, this is one of those things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    have you ever tried to shoot a bow while running?

please try it and tell me how that worked out for you.
    Good thing my hunter is using a gun, then.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Because hunters aren't casters; they are considered melee DPS, just at long range.

Mageys, Boombooms, Lockies, and Shammys are considered casters, and it is a little unfair (balance wise) for them to be able to deal devastating attacks from far away and keep moving. That's why 1. they have cast times and 2. they have to decide where they are going to stand. And stay there.
    So basically your saying hunters are allround OP?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Why should every class be the same? There should be things that make classes unique, this is one of those things.
    I see where you coming from, but there is no penalty which is frustrating for everyone else.
    And huntards still wonder why no one likes them lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MetroStratics View Post
    This was already addressed. Its because hunters aren't considered a caster. They are essentially a melee dps that doesn't need to stand in melee.
    Cast while moving elsewhere really effects the game.
    Just because hunters aren't considered a caster it's all good... they still cast some abilities or you don't wanna call it casting but lock and loading or pulling the string back that takes 1.5 sec to do so..

Hunters will always be most hated class for me, it has always been so unfair imo. I remember there was this penalty of not able to shoot when you were close. Hunters hated it and everyone else was fine with it lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Please don't make stupid statements about something you don't know. Lone Wolf is simming highest in single target for MM. Focusing Shot is pretty bad, even if Sims show it is better than Lone Wolf, in practice it's horrible to use to perfection because Sims are robots which do everything perfectly.
    This is coming from a design philosophy behind focusing shot, and MM in general. Iirc dev stated MM is - mechanicwise - the caster hunter, who hits for more at the cost of movement. This is reflected in the long-casting main focus dump AiS, which is also baseline a no-movement shot, and mastery. The same was stated during interviews and twitter answers in regards to focusing shot "less movement more damage" design. The game is still in a number-tuning phase, correct? If yes, simcraft is not accurate and therefore irrelevant to the argument.
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2014-10-04 at 05:12 PM.