Thread: Old God Lore

Old God Lore

I had an interesting thought regarding the old gods...

What if when C'Thun and Yogg-Saron were fought and defeated we killed a beast that contained the consciousness of an old god. Maybe it was just some creature the titans sealed them in but in time having an old god presence inside it, slowly corrupted the beast and transformed them into these hideous looking things. Titans' imprisoned the physical aspects of the gods and buried them deep in the earth and tore their consciousness from then and placed them in prisons of flesh. Meaning the bodies are not dead but asleep in Ny'alotha the sleeping city while the avatars which hold the conscious part of the old gods are what we are in fact fighting and finally what if as irony by destroying one of these avatars, the host inside these creatures goes back into its body in Ny'alotha. Killing an old god avatar and wakes the true old god.

Has there been any sort of information regarding this. I love old god lore. I would love to see the old gods as powerful as they are intended to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved the thread to the right section.

Though, Valyrian gave a good tip.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    The Titans did cast a magical slumber on them. However, N'Zoth was never defeated by the titans.

I still prefer this theory, amazing read if you haven't checked it out before: Genesis of Azeroth
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I still prefer this theory, amazing read if you haven't checked it out before: Genesis of Azeroth
    That map is completely disproven. There is no Old God in Darkshore or Tirisfal. Y'Shaarj was found nowhere near any of the points indicated on that map.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That map is completely disproven. There is no Old God in Darkshore or Tirisfal. Y'Shaarj was found nowhere near any of the points indicated on that map.
    It's not just the map, or the cliche pentacle, but the theory in general that Azeroth could be an old god itself (reason why the Titans couldn't destroy them without killing the planet) that piques my interest.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Azeroth is a planet duh

10+ Year Old Account
    i like to think of old gods as space parasites, flying around, latching onto a planet with magical energy and feeding off of it. the reason we cant kill them is if we did, the energy they devoured would be released at once, flooding the leylines and tearing up azeroth big time. as for n'zoth, hes probably "dead" as in no physical body. theres a good chance he was imprisoned somewhere near the well of eternity, he must be a real badass to survive the sundering so close up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    .did we ever find out what was under tirisfal? I remember them Saying a while ago that there was something evil, but not an old god.

- - - Updated - - -

Also there's that thing in the barrens the dwarves dug up, so evil they closed the tunnels and we never found out what it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    likely some sort of demon in tirisfal, demons seem to like tirisfal. also if you go to the whispering woods where this supposed evil is, you find those fey drakes channeling energy to a fairy circle. its likely that the druids emprisoned some powerful demon there during the war of the ancients,using the fey dragons as guardians of the seal. and some of its power is leaking out, hence the "madness" of the high elves and the fel deer there.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    .did we ever find out what was under tirisfal? I remember them Saying a while ago that there was something evil, but not an old god.
    No. We never did. However...

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    There are currently three possible Old God locations; all of which are in the EK.

1. Tirsifal, the elves went crazy there, so that's why they moved north. There's also a few quests in Tirisfal involving NPCs going crazy from whispers, coming from below.

2. Gilneas, there's a quest were a bunch of guys goes insane from something below (see 4).

3. Vash'jr, which is most likely to be his location (also see 4), mainly because of the presence of old god forces. Also, and this is very important: It is near the Maelstorm. This is probably the number one biggest reason why N'Zoth would be there. In War of the Ancients, Nozdormu was nearly butchered by an old god residing in close proximty to the Well of Eternity.

4. Somehwere in between Vash'jr, Gilneas, and Tirisfal. All three of these locations are within resonable ditance of each other. It is entirely possible that the old god is residing in between them but has a vastly greater ara of influence comparedto Yogg and C'Thun.
    Perhaps there is.

Also there's that thing in the barrens the dwarves dug up, so evil they closed the tunnels and we never found out what it was.
    I believe that was a result of C'Thun's vast influence over Kalimdor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Hasn't been revealed yet. My personal theory is corrupted Titan well of power, like a tainted version of Un'Goro Crater or Sholazar Basin.